Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? (1596 Views)

CBN Policies Made Easy / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing / Test Your Economic Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by igbo2011(m): 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
I would cut government wages and government in total. Politicians would make the GDP per capita of Nigeria ($1000 to $2000 depending on source). Once the standard of living for all Nigerians go up, then their salaries go up. Food and security are included as well. Also, politicians are not allowed to recieve any gifts while they are in the office.

I would not allow foreign aid because as Thomas Sankara said, "He who feeds you, controls you"

I would invest a lot of money into agriculture. The unemployed youth can become farmers. I would subsidize farmers to make sure that they are not losing money. (Did you know that 57% of American farmers would not make money if it wasn't for the government subsidies? I read that in an article) We import too much food, so I would turn Nigeria to a net-exporter. I would get great tractors and give them to farmers. Also hire the best farmers in the world to teach Nigerians to farm.

Invest in power because we cannot gain a manufacturing industry without power. I would focus on the industrial areas at first (so people gain employment, IGR, GDP, and forex) then I would go to residential once more money comes.

Invest in roads aand hospitals because the bad roads and hospitals kill too many people each year. I would also fix the sewage system of Nigeria. Free healthcare to pregnant women and children under the age of 5 for every resident.

I would give grants to companies that exports goods. This money will be used to build more factories. This would include refineries to make finished goods. I would make sure the money from theresources go to the people.

I would put higher tarriffs on products that are already made in Nigeria so people support the domestic market.

I would make sure that scientists, doctors, nurses, and engineers go touniversity for free. Those people are very important for an economy.

What would you do?
Re: What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by tck2000(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2020
igbo2011:
I would cut government wages and government in total. Politicians would make the GDP per capita of Nigeria ($1000 to $2000 depending on source). Once the standard of living for all Nigerians go up, then their salaries go up. Food and security are included as well. Also, politicians are not allowed to recieve any gifts while they are in the office.

I would not allow foreign aid because as Thomas Sankara said, "He who feeds you, controls you"

I would invest a lot of money into agriculture. The unemployed youth can become farmers. I would subsidize farmers to make sure that they are not losing money. (Did you know that 57% of American farmers would not make money if it wasn't for the government subsidies? I read that in an article) We import too much food, so I would turn Nigeria to a net-exporter. I would get great tractors and give them to farmers. Also hire the best farmers in the world to teach Nigerians to farm.

Invest in power because we cannot gain a manufacturing industry without power. I would focus on the industrial areas at first (so people gain employment, IGR, GDP, and forex) then I would go to residential once more money comes.

Invest in roads aand hospitals because the bad roads and hospitals kill too many people each year. I would also fix the sewage system of Nigeria. Free healthcare to pregnant women and children under the age of 5 for every resident.

I would give grants to companies that exports goods. This money will be used to build more factories. This would include refineries to make finished goods. I would make sure the money from theresources go to the people.

I would put higher tarriffs on products that are already made in Nigeria so people support the domestic market.

I would make sure that scientists, doctors, nurses, and engineers go touniversity for free. Those people are very important for an economy.

What would you do?
Re: What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 12, 2020
I will sell Nigeria to China or US for better mgt..
Re: What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by blakid(m): 10:02am On Jan 13, 2020
Tory go change once you are elected.
No be African man u be @ OP
Re: What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 13, 2020
I would sell nai9ja, fund my bet account with the money realized, and use it to play sharp 2odds angry
Re: What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Great ideas there.

Personally, I would manage Nigeria like a business and every Nigerian would be a stakeholder.

I will change the political system and redefine what it means to be a Public Servant.

Retire all the current politicians and recruit a new set of politicians on new salaries with only performance-related bonuses. i.e at the beginning of the month, each politician creates a list of their goals for the month. Goals need to be approved and in keeping with the overall development goals. Your bonus is a percentage of the number of goals you reach. If you say you will renovate 10 schools and you end up doing just 1, you only get 10% of your bonuses. the remaining 90% gets distributed to public service projects and each project is tagged (i.e this community borehole was paid for with Senator Naijacutee's November 2021 forfeited bonus).

(1) (Reply)

Jobs Nigerians Do In Ukraine(video) / How Nigerian Banks Rip Off Customers ! / How To Make Your Debtors Or Owing Customers To Pay Back The Money They Owe You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.