Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

The Agonies Of A Freethinker - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Agonies Of A Freethinker (947 Views)

Be A Proud Freethinker/atheist, Publish Your Diverse Thoughts With Us At Uptowne / The Agonies Of Spiritual Death / Atheist, Agnostic, Freethinker Get In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Agonies Of A Freethinker by uncleck: 9:49am On Oct 01, 2023
I'm 35 years old. My sweetheart left me few weeks ago because, according to her, she can't "marry a man who doesn't fear God". This followed series of heart to heart communication over many months. Her problem isn't that I'm a bad person. Normally I don't categorize people based on whether they are good or bad. I equally do not make decisions based on morality rather based on legality (except in family and relationship matters).

My girlfriend (now ex) always confesses that she has never met a man like me. I hardly express emotions. I don't smoke. I drink moderately. I don't gamble. But I don't judge anyone who chooses a different lifestyle... I'm not diabolic. The last time I raised my hand on a woman was when I was in primary two. The last time I engaged in physical fight was in my SS2. My Yes is my Yes... She wants me to at least pretend to be a Christian even if it's just once. She wants me to pretend to pray even if it's once.... But how can live a lie if if it's just once?

Would you prefer an honest man who has no business with church or a dishonest man who goes to church? At length she saw things from my perspective but her friends convinced her otherwise. "If he truly loves you, he should go to church at least for your sake". "Imagine going to church every Sunday with your children without their father, will there be morning prayer in your home etc...?".

I was born and brought up as a Christian. I dedicated most of my youthful years to Christianity. I lost many life changing opportunities because of my dedication to the Christian life. But when I started asking questions, I was deeply dissatisfied... I've attended almost all christian churches, I've studied Islam greatly, I've done a great deal of searching in both Shintoism and Buddhism. I've delved into the unending African traditional religion... I've reached a conclusion that I won't want to disclose here in the meantime

I have noticed that people, especially religious people, say what they don't mean (lie) with ease. People live double life with ease. (I don't want this thread to be too long)

Now, I'm not looking for a "compatible" partner (she doesn't exist), I only want a liberal minded person that is contented with one d***k. But it seems I'm on a wild goose chase. I might end up single

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by tonicyril: 9:58am On Oct 01, 2023
uncleck:
I'm 35 years old. My sweetheart left me few weeks ago because, according to her, she can't "marry a man who doesn't fear God". This followed series of heart to heart communication over many months. Her problem isn't that I'm a bad person. Normally I don't categorize people based on whether they are good or bad. I equally do not make decisions based on morality rather based on legality (except in family and relationship matters).

My girlfriend (now ex) always confesses that she has never met a man like me. I hardly express emotions. I don't smoke. I drink moderately. I don't gamble. But I don't judge anyone who chooses a different lifestyle... I'm not diabolic. The last time I raised my hand on a woman was when I was in primary two. The last time I engaged in physical fight was in my SS2. My Yes is my Yes... She wants me to at least pretend to be a Christian even if it's just once. She wants me to pretend to pray even if it's once.... But how can live a lie if if it's just once?

Would you prefer an honest man who has no business with church or a dishonest man who goes to church? At length she saw things from my perspective but her friends convinced her otherwise. "If he truly loves you, he should go to church at least for your sake". "Imagine going to church every Sunday with your children without their father, will there be morning prayer in your home etc...?".

I was born and brought up as a Christian. I dedicated most of my youthful years to Christianity. I lost many life changing opportunities because of my dedication to the Christian life. But when I started asking questions, I was deeply dissatisfied... I've attended almost all christian churches, I've studied Islam greatly, I've done a great deal of searching in both Shintoism and Buddhism. I've delved into the unending African traditional religion... I've reached a conclusion that I won't want to disclose here in the meantime

I have noticed that people, especially religious people, say what they don't mean (lie) with ease. People live double life with ease. (I don't want this thread to be too long)

Now, I'm not looking for a "compatible" partner (she doesn't exist), I only want a liberal minded person that is contented with one d***k. But it seems I'm on a wild goose chase. I might end up single
there is a diff between an unbeliever and a freethinker..

Maybe u re an unbeliever..

As I am talking to u like this my woman don go to church, but me a no dey go
Prayer a no dey pray
Night vigil is never my thing
Fasting is a no go area for me
Cus I don't believe I need all those things before I can succeed in life, inasmuch as GOD has given me the ultimate power to think, do, ruminate, produce and et al...then no need to disturb myself or waste my time while I should be working for my development and as well be praising him.

I believe in God, Jesus is my saviour.. but I don't stress myself cus He bears my yolk already so why should I kill myself??

1 Like

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by uncleck: 10:28am On Oct 01, 2023
tonicyril:
there is a diff between an unbeliever and a freethinker..

Maybe u re an unbeliever..

As I am talking to u like this my woman don go to church, but me a no dey go
Prayer a no dey pray
Night vigil is never my thing
Fasting is a no go area for me
Cus I don't believe I need all those things before I can succeed in life, inasmuch as GOD has given me the ultimate power to think, do, ruminate, produce and et al...then no need to disturb myself or waste my time while I should be working for my development and as well be praising him.

I believe in God, Jesus is my saviour.. but I don't stress myself cus He bears my yolk already so why should I kill myself??
You're right, I'm unbeliever. How can I believe that a certain Jesus saved me? Saved me from what exactly? I was not born when Adam sinned. I was also not born when Jesus atoned for the Adamic sin. How does that concern me?

My ancestors knew no Jesus and they were just fine. Since the invention of a Jesus, "sin" has not ceased. Suffering has not abated. War has not stopped. Death has not stopped. Funny enough, both believers and non believers suffer alike.

The whole story of a Jesus and his imaginary salvation are bulsh!t. If I'll have to die first before I receive my reward for good deed... that's a crazy reasoning

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2023
uncleck:

I was already married when I deconverted so while I don’t have your struggle to find a partner, I understand the whole go along to get along thing. I initially struggled with accepting to still go to church and pray with my family just for appearance sake. I had a conversation with my dear sister (may she rest in peace), she made me see that my love for family should transcend my lack of faith or religion. Also I realised that there was no harm to me to continue to minimally be involved in religious activities with my family seeing as they know I don’t share their faith anymore. So now I go to church on Sunday with my family, say amen to their prayers and it has not changed my perspective at all. I'm even more contented to see that life doesn't give 2 bleeps whether you believe in a god or not or whether you attend religious services or not.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2023
uncleck:

You're right, I'm unbeliever. How can I believe that a certain Jesus saved me? Saved me from what exactly? I was not born when Adam sinned. I was also not born when Jesus atoned for the Adamic sin. How does that concern me?

My ancestors knew no Jesus and they were just fine. Since the invention of a Jesus, "sin" has not ceased. Suffering has not abated. War has not stopped. Death has not stopped. Funny enough, both believers and non believers suffer alike.

The whole story of a Jesus and his imaginary salvation are bulsh!t. If I'll have to die first before I receive my reward for good deed... that's a crazy reasoning

I have told you before, who has ever been judged for Adams sins?

Anyway, your bed, your lay.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

I was already married when I deconverted so while I don’t have your struggle to find a partner, I understand the whole go along to get along thing. I initially struggled with accepting to still go to church and pray with my family just for appearance sake. I had a conversation with my dear sister (may she rest in peace), she made me see that my love for family should transcend my lack of faith or religion. Also I realised that there was no harm to me to continue to minimally be involved in religious activities with my family seeing as they know I don’t share their faith anymore. So now I go to church on Sunday with my family, say amen to their prayers and it has not changed my perspective at all. I'm even more contented to see that life doesn't give 2 bleeps whether you believe in a god or not or whether you attend religious services or not.

He does not wish to be a fraud like you.

1 Like

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2023
uncleck:

You are actually on the right track and I am quite pleased that she too levelled with you with the Truth.

Though in Truth, a pretend Christian and you antiGod (atheists) are both peas in the same pod.

Well. I will laugh at you because clearly an antiGod is more evil than a pretend Christian.

Well keep looking Sabrina and Tamaratonye and Sharon are examples of ladies you should be with so they are out there waiting for you.

But by the way why must she be stuck to your dick after all it is legal to have more than one dick and isn't it stiffling as it goes against your atheistic beliefs? Why don't you both foqck the whole views after all its your lives and bodies and no should complain about it?
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

He does not wish to be a fraud like you.

You mean like you professor of law who doesn't know basic legal concepts, you mean a fraud like you? LoLz. Naw men, that's your game, na you get am.

1 Like

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

You mean like you professor of law who doesn't know basic legal concepts, you mean a fraud like you? LoLz. Naw men, that's your game, na you get am.

Says the lying self confessed fraud known for lying and shaking!

1 Like

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the lying self confessed fraud!

Stop outing yourself. Bwahahahahahaha!
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

Stop outing yourself. Bwahahahahahaha!

Says the lying self confessed fraud! Hahaha buhoohoo hahahaha
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by uncleck: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are actually on the right track and I am quite pleased that she too levelled with you with the Truth.

hough in Truth, a pretend Christian and you antiGod (atheists) are both peas in the same pod.

Well. I will laugh at you because clearly an antiGod is more evil than a pretend Christian.

Well keep looking Sabrina and Tamaratonye and Sharon are examples of ladies you should be with so they are out there waiting for you.

But by the way why must she be stuck to your dick after all it is legal to have more than one dick and isn't it stiffling as it goes against your atheistic beliefs? Why don't you both foqck the whole views after all its your lives and bodies and no should complain about it?
I never said I'm atheist. I never said I'm antiGod. But my view of Godship transcend you religionists narrow view. And yes, I can't share my WIFE with anybody because it's a taboo where I come from. I might not believe in certain traditions both native and foreign, but I'm a pure African who would never berate his identity
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That's you. Bwahahahahahaha!
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2023
uncleck:

I never said I'm atheist. I never said I'm antiGod.

Interesting!

uncleck:

But my view of Godship transcend you religionists narrow view.

I don't think you know me.

People who look wide do not see the snake at their feet.

uncleck:

And yes, I can't share my WIFE with anybody because it's a taboo where I come from. I might not believe in certain traditions both native and foreign, but I'm a pure African who would never berate his identity

People say so but they do another.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

That's you. Bwahahahahahaha!

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That's all you. LoLz.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

That's all you. LoLz.

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LikeAking: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
uncleck:

Just b ya self..

The reason she wants a churchy man is because she want someone she can control through the church..

Church favors women.. She will always report you to the pastors to get her way..

Secondly you may be too smart, wise and enlightened for her… Women hate such men..

Church gooers suffer the most in marriage, especially the men..

Once woman know you can’t divorce or kick her out cos of the church, you are done..

Just call her anytime you want to fuqk her, fuqk her and let her go..

3 Likes

Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

All na you. LoLz.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by uncleck: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2023
LikeAking:

Just b ya self..

The reason she wants a churchy man is because she want someone she can control through the church..

Church favors women.. She will always report you to the pastors to get her way..

Secondly you may be too smart, wise and enlightened for her… Women hate such men..

Church gooers suffer the most in marriage, especially the men..

Once woman know you can’t divorce or kick her out cos of the church, you are done..

Just call her anytime you want to fuqk her, fuqk her and let her go..

Not at all. She is not threatened in any way. I relate with everyone according to their level of understanding.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

All na you. LoLz.

Says the lying you.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the lying you.

That's you. LoLz.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

That's you. LoLz.

Says the Lying Devil!
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the Lying Devil!

All you. LoLz.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

All you. LoLz.
Says the Lying Devil!
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the Lying Devil!

That's you. LoLz.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

That's you. LoLz.

Says the Lying Devil!
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the Lying Devil!

All na you. LoLz.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

All na you. LoLz.

Says the Lying Devil!
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by LordReed(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the Lying Devil!

That's you. LoLz.
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Arda1000(m): 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2023
Forget her already cus one of the most important thing is having someone who understands and respects your beliefs especially if both of your beliefs differs.
Look at the signs and see how problematic it will be if you guys get married
Re: The Agonies Of A Freethinker by Dtruthspeaker: 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

That's you. LoLz.

Says the lying devil!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Life And Immortality / Appeal For Your Support To A Friend In Need! / How Can One Calculate His Offerings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.