Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,503 members, 7,836,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Help Me With The Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me With The Code (1045 Views)

What Was Used To Compile The Code That Was Used In Creating A Compiler? / Let The Code Kobo Team Handle All Your Web And Mobile Project Needs / Iā€™m One With The Code, The Code Is With Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
happy new month!!!
Please guys, who can tell me how to make text to auto-scroll automatically by itself in j2me?
I want to add it to the about menu in my app that i'm building with a j2me phone,
thanks you all in advance.
Re: Help Me With The Code by BenedictAbajue(m): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
Temyaz:

happy new month!!!
Please guys, who can tell me how to make text to auto-scroll automatically by itself in j2me?
I want to add it to the about menu in my app that i'm building with a j2me phone,
thanks you all in advance.

I don't know this but I'll ask Chatgpt. Its better than you getting no answer at all.

In Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME), you can implement auto-scrolling text by using the Ticker class and attaching it to a Form or Alert. The Ticker class is used to display scrolling text, typically for notifications or updates. Here's how you can achieve auto-scrolling text in your J2ME application:

import javax.microedition.lcdui.*;

public class AutoScrollingText extends MIDlet {

private Display display;
private Form form;
private Ticker ticker;

public AutoScrollingText() {
display = Display.getDisplay(this);
form = new Form("Auto-Scrolling Text"wink;
ticker = new Ticker("This is some auto-scrolling text. It will keep scrolling to the left."wink;
form.setTicker(ticker);
}

public void startApp() {
display.setCurrent(form);
}

public void pauseApp() {
}

public void destroyApp(boolean unconditional) {
}
}

In this example:

We create a J2ME MIDlet class called AutoScrollingText.

Inside the constructor, we create a Form named form and a Ticker named ticker. We attach the ticker to the form using the setTicker() method. The text provided to the Ticker constructor will be automatically scrolled.

In the startApp() method, we set the form as the current display to make it visible.

The pauseApp() and destroyApp() methods are left empty as placeholders.

You can adapt this code to your J2ME application's "About" menu or any other screen where you want to display auto-scrolling text. Simply create a new Form for your "About" menu, set the Ticker with your desired text, and attach it to the Form.

Remember that J2ME is an older technology, and its capabilities are limited compared to modern mobile development platforms. Therefore, the user experience for auto-scrolling text may not be as smooth or customizable as in more modern mobile app development frameworks.

Pls don't ask me to explain it! I don't know java with J2ME.

I hope the code gives you an insight on what you are doing.

You can incorporate the code in your program and try it

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 12:48am On Oct 02, 2023
Thanks for trying to help
i know about ticker i always use it in my code.
but what i'm asking is the one that will make a text to move upward.for example,all the post we've posted to be scrolling by it self without be swipe up by anyone.
another example, when they finish any movie or film,you know that the name of the actors will be going up by itself?that's what i mean by text auto-scroll.i always see it in gameloft game when i went to the about menu,it be will lyk when they finish movie.
and i want to add it to my code also
Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 6:58am On Oct 02, 2023
What are you using ? LWUIT or Form, I did J2ME in the past, kinda surprised you're writing it, I should be able to assist to a degree, if it's LWUIT, if you can calculate the height of the Layout, and within an elasped time, render the text by the Y coords till the text is off the screen, then you can destroy, paste more of this if you can.
Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
qtguru:
What are you using ? LWUIT or Form, I did J2ME in the past, kinda surprised you're writing it, I should be able to assist to a degree, if it's LWUIT, if you can calculate the height of the Layout, and within an elasped time, render the text by the Y coords till the text is off the screen, then you can destroy, paste more of this if you can ajd.
i'm using form
bcus it is j2me phone i'm using to do it.and lwuit is for system
i tried to download it on my phone that how i know that it is for system
Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
Temyaz:

i'm using form
bcus it is j2me phone i'm using to do it.and lwuit is for system
i tried to download it on my phone that how i know that it is for system

Both form and lwuit for the phone, but with Form you cannot edit it, you can't do much customization to it, that is why people use LWUIT, you can use codenameone or Nokia LWUIT if they still exists, I started with Codenameone then I moved to Nokia LWUIT for development. let me know how it goes.
Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2023
qtguru:

Both form and lwuit for the phone, but with Form you cannot edit it, you can't do much customization to it, that is why people use LWUIT, you can use codenameone or Nokia LWUIT if they still exists, I started with Codenameone then I moved to Nokia LWUIT for development. let me know how it goes.
is it in .jar format?
if not,how will it work on java phone
Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
Temyaz:

is it in .jar format?
if not,how will it work on java phone

All J2ME libraries are in jar, use that but it has it's own documentation. Curious why are you building a J2ME app in 2023 ?
Re: Help Me With The Code by BlackhatMentor: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

All J2ME libraries are in jar, use that but it has it's own documentation. Curious why are you building a J2ME app in 2023 ?

Is there a thing in this tech u don't know?

How do u do it shocked

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Is there a thing in this tech u don't know?

How do u do it shocked

I'm old , I wrote J2me back then at CCHUB, I was part of Efiko, so Nokia contracted Futurice to teach us Java and bootstrap our ideas, I was like 21 or so. But I enjoyed it, I learnt alot about J2Me and Canvas that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U307l5zbqS8?si=dMq0e3B1WOdK6dBy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Me With The Code by BlackhatMentor: 11:58am On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

I'm old , I wrote J2me back then at CCHUB, I was part of Efiko, so Nokia contracted Futurice to teach us Java and bootstrap our ideas, I was like 21 or so. But I enjoyed it, I learnt alot about J2Me and Canvas that time.

Omor

U don tey for the game mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Omor

U don tey for the game mehn.

NL has many of us here, but the rest prefer not to engage because of the disrespect in this forum.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me With The Code by Maxxim: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

Egbon have been in the game for a very long time o
Wow!

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by DyingFetus: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

He's a hobbyist
Re: Help Me With The Code by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

Do you know how those old Java games we used to play on older nokia phones were made?

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With The Code by DyingFetus: 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Do you know how those old Java games we used to play on older nokia phones were made?

J2me
Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It's Canvas just like in HTML5, but one of the constestant build a danfo nokia game, and it was all Bitmap and spritesheet. We used Canvas also but ours was to build the UI, Nokia wrote the library. It's basically Swing/AWT inspired but for MIDP phone.
Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
DyingFetus:

He's a hobbyist

wow, interesting, J2ME hobby in 2023, that's unique.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2023
OP any luck, check Nokia LWUIT it handles all the heavy lifting for you,
Re: Help Me With The Code by kuljoe4: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

I'm also curious. Wondering what he does
Re: Help Me With The Code by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

Why am I laughing sooo hard šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ see the way he's doing guy, shaking his head and gesticulating, small boy ooo with swagger šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Eiya I like this innocent version of you more but now you have seen life finish
šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚
Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
qtguru:

i just get to lay my hand on java phone.i started by playing different game on it later i learnt that i can use it to create app(and i love programming stuff).
so i can say i'm building j2me app bcus of myself and i also share it with few of my classmate that got such phone.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 5:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Temyaz:

i just get to lay my hand on java phone.i started by playing different game on it later i learnt that i can use it to create app(and i love programming stuff).
so i can say i'm building j2me app bcus of myself and i also share it with few of my classmate that got such phone.

How are you building the app, are you using a computer ?
Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
qtguru:

i'm using the same phone(java/j2me keypad phone) to write,compile and debug codes.
though it take a lot time but it fun than me be idle with a phone that can do sumtins

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by ANormalHuman: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2023
Temyaz:

i'm using the same phone(java/j2me keypad phone) to write,compile and debug codes.
though it take a lot time but it fun than me be idle with a phone that can do sumtins

Mehn I'd love to see your work when you're done.

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2023
ANormalHuman:

Mehn I'd love to see your work when you're done.
ok

1 Like

Re: Help Me With The Code by ANormalHuman: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2023
Temyaz:

ok

Drop me your Facebook handle boss
Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2023
ANormalHuman:

Drop me your Facebook handle boss
Oluwa Damilare
Re: Help Me With The Code by ANormalHuman: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Temyaz:

Oluwa Damilare

Omo, e go hard to find the correct match oo...
Pls describe dp a little.
Re: Help Me With The Code by Temyaz(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2023
Re: Help Me With The Code by Excel70: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
qtguru:

Hello qtguru I'm about to start my journey into tech.I love anything that involves logical reasoning (mathematics e.t.c).what path can you advice. Please I will be very grateful if you can reply me
Re: Help Me With The Code by qtguru(m): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
Temyaz:

Wow sorry about that, it's not going to be easy doing that with a mobile phone, talk less of J2ME, wish you all the best. will be monitoring this thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help On Some Database Design Issues! / Download Windows 8 Preview The New Microsoft OS / What Is A Software Component?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.