Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Something You Dislike As You Grow Older - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Something You Dislike As You Grow Older (15236 Views)

Name One Social Media Slang You Dislike / What Is The Thing You Dislike About Nairaland / Some Things You Will Realize As You Grow Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
I don't think it's about getting older or matured, the music industry has changed.

Just listen to Beyonce's music from the early 2000s and compare it with her music now... The richer she got, the more I started finding her music boring.
WantsandMore:
hmm getting older and mature ain't you ....?

2 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by creativehubb: 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
omoyeni37:
Watching football ⚽, from 2005 to 2015, i followed football religiously, but now i have really lost interest in it.
Football is one of the brain drains, distractor.

3 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by creativehubb: 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2023
Greenfaces:
The fact that death is real and certain. The fact that the date is unknown. And the fact that we never really pay attention to it despite its reality.

May Allah save us and screen us from His wrath
This shouldn't scare or bother you, just like you don't know how you got here, you won't know when you are dead...the energy transcends.

But death should scare the thoughtless evil doer, useless to society and humanity. The universe observes and is wise...energy vibrates at different levels, you will find your level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by creativehubb: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Basiljoe:

"Women fundamentally lack the capacity to fully realize, much less appreciate the sacrifices a man makes to facilitate her reality. Even the most enlightened, appreciative woman you know still operates in a feminine-centric reality." - Rational Male

"Women are incapable of loving men in a way that a man idealizes is possible, in a way he thinks she should be capable of." - Rational Male

"Our girlfriends, our wives, daughters and even our mothers are all incapable of this idealized love." - Rational Male

Iron Rule of Tomassi #6: Women are utterly incapable of loving a man in the way that a man expects to be loved.
Our mothers and siblings do love us...in most cases.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by NACE13: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
Validation:
As a teen, I would always take and post photos and checking the amount of likes and comments on Facebook. As time went by I saw it as being childish. Dumped the app ever since. I'm only active on Whatsapp and Nairaland. It's been months since I uploaded my photos on my status. Thirsty for attention/validation died prematurely. Infact, I muted many of my family and friends that regularly post their photos and videos on Whatsapp status looking for likes and comments.

10 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Badadvisor: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Niceessien:
Women and smoking... Now I don't smoke at all, for the women I gat a lot of reasonable thing to do abeg..
Yeah same here brother. Used to be a stoner, stopped first of July and that's the best decision i made this year.
Everyone smokes these days now even kids forming bad guys and shits and it was affecting my facial appearance's like lips and eyes.
The urge is not even there anymore again.
Even Fela dey learn for my side that year I was a stoner. Can't eat or do anything until i smoke.

3 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by phemmyfour: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
Chingyyy878:
What are you starting to dislike more as you grow older ?
Exercise
Seems my bones are lazy these days
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by phemmyfour: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2023
Samantha124:
Maybe it's because the sound and the whole American hip hop and R&B culture has changed, I don't know.

I don't even know a single song from these new age American rappers and R&B singers.

The last American hip hop song that I've ever loved so much was "lifestyle" by Rich Gang.... I made a lot of memories with that song back in 2015 and it was as if I was basically saying my farewell to American hip hop.
The culture has changed. I watched 90s video on YouTube and listen to their lyrics, the quality can't be compare to what they have now

2 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by seanwilliam(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
I don’t show off anymore, I dress simple; mostly shirt and jean, native dress.
I do things at my convenient time..
I dont womanize anymore… I find it so disgusting having multiple sex partners or paying for sex..
Used to hate my dad back then( he sabi beat me like criminal, make I no lie, I stubborn back then) now we’re best friends grin

Used to love hip pop back then, now I listen to dem Barrister , Anigilaje, obey commander etc.
Used to love watching movie back then , now I only subscribe to cables cos of news.. lol.

8 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Ferrous(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2023
Man beating a woman
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by jojothaiv(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
creativehubb:

This shouldn't scare or bother you, just like you don't know how you got here, you won't know when you are dead...the energy transcends.
I love this...
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by BeigJawnson(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
Chingyyy878:
What are you starting to dislike more as you grow older ?

WWE and keeping of friends.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by t2luv1: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Too many friends.......

I realized too many friends will definitely slow a man down...........

When I look at my circle now and compare it to how it was as at 5 years ago,I realized making so many friends,with all the memories we once had wasn't worth it all.

Partner you only need six friends three on each side of your casket.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by WantsandMore: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't think it's about getting older or matured, the music industry has changed.

Just listen to Beyonce's music from the early 2000s and compare it with her music now... The richer she got, the more I started finding her music boring.
perhaps unrelatable, no?
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by thrillionaire(m): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2023
imoh4king:

Pls, how old are you?
why if I may ask?
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Highplains: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2023
😂..memories!i was in my teenage years then too..i stay glued to MTV base I had to know the current songs so I can go back to school and not be left out of the hottest songs and knowing the lyrics made you look even cooler..The good old days now na bills man dey write down and memorize..😂😂
Samantha124:
I used to do the same thing back in my teens... I had a lyrics book, up until this day, I still know every lyric to Eminem's "love the way you lie" all thanks to that lyrics book I had... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Those were the good days.

Now life is showing us flames and we're always stressed out..🤦🤦🤦
Highplains:
😂..memories!i was in my teenage years then too..i stay glued to MTV base I had to know the current songs so I can go back to school and not be left out of the hottest songs and knowing the lyrics made you look even cooler..The good old days now na bills man dey write down and memorize..😂😂
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Greenfaces: 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
Casham:
Honestly, I’ve got two, at least. The first one is religion. Sorry I am not trying to be rude, but I was so much into religion and all. I believed everything Bible back then. In fact, by the age of nine, I’ve read the Bible back to back twice in two different languages. I really wanted to be a Pastor.But now I see it as all lies. The second thing I now hate is gender wars. Even as a child, I always saw it as healthy competition. But now, it has become something else. We now seem to be promoting hate against the other gender. The thing is even putting me off social media.
Islam is the true religion. The media don't portray the truth
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Chidolalar: 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
Fhaze:

I swear
Although I started around 2008/09 but i no get that interest again

Can u state d reasons why u have completely lost interest in watching football
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by purples25(f): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
He he...let me see any of those guys or girls who never considered me to be in their class when they were younger. Could never mix with me, were too pretty or too popular, too big, really. I will never believe their 'changed' characters. You're older now, you're now humble, abi? You're older now, you can now talk to me? Now you're older, you're not that highly sought college beauty, now it's cool to hang out with me abi? Now that we are all old? I won't accept to be anyone's fall back friend. How you were up in the sky before, stay there. They form holy, they form what not, I smile in my mind. Only if you can give me a very sincere apology, like, sorry for how we sidelined you. If not, claim humble wherever and whenever, I will never believe it. They're only mellow because the world has mellowed down for them. If God were to turn them young again, they would never hang with me.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Solofresh2: 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
sageb:

Truly, there's a decline in RnB songs today.
The 80s,90s and early 2000s had a lot of good RnB singers unlike what we have today.
I miss the days of :
Whitney Houston
R. Kelly
Celine Dion
Lionel Richie
Diana Ross
Boys 2 men
Luther vandross
Toni Braxton, etc.

@Samantha124 who is your favourite RnB singer?
You must be an old man for missing the days of Whitney Houston. I discovered Whitney Houston after her death and wish I met her in person before death embarassed
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by imoh4king(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
thrillionaire:
why if I may ask?

You sound very mature.
Most young folks dont reason that farrrrr...
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by DD29: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
Music and watching movies and some time football
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by thrillionaire(m): 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
imoh4king:

You sound very mature.
Most young folks dont reason that farrrrr...
O

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Chidolalar: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Casham:
Honestly, I’ve got two, at least. The first one is religion. Sorry I am not trying to be rude, but I was so much into religion and all. I believed everything Bible back then. In fact, by the age of nine, I’ve read the Bible back to back twice in two different languages. I really wanted to be a Pastor.But now I see it as all lies. The second thing I now hate is gender wars. Even as a child, I always saw it as healthy competition. But now, it has become something else. We now seem to be promoting hate against the other gender. The thing is even putting me off social media.

Pls can u state d reasons why u said u see d bible as all lies.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by omoyeni37: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
creativehubb:

Football is one of the brain drains, distractor.
Seriously
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by akinade28(f): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
Heavy make up. Nowadays, people with heavy make up look like clowns to me

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by TyroneP(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Attending parties, clubs and keeping a large circle of friends. I think I drifted away from these because I'm extremely busy with work.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by deltaF0SS: 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
I hate people rambling about politics, football (like does it change anything) and anything poor people (because of the wickedness 🤮 and baby IQ of this set)

Chidozianu:
I dislike being loyal to a Country, State, Local Government, Community that did nothing for me.
How I feel as the day draws nearer for nysc on my part. I still love my country tho - but won't die 4 it

2 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Fhaze(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
Chidolalar:

Can u state d reasons why u have completely lost interest in watching football

Lack of amazing individual talent i guess

I'll rather watch a documentary than watch a match

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Basiljoe: 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
creativehubb:

Our mothers and siblings do love us...in most cases.
How old are you? I mean no disrespect. Just want to check something.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by creativehubb: 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
Basiljoe:

How old are you? I mean no disrespect. Just want to check something.
You can't just generalize, some families don't care about each other, but I have seen families where they love each other. It's not about age, it's relative...you can say your mom and sisters don't love you, I won't contest it, but don't generalize...plus love is relative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Misconceptions About Nigerian Filling Stations. / Yoruba Culture And Respect / Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.