Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! (3508 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / I Need Someone Who Can Work From Home (10k Per Month ) / Meet Osahon Ewansiha Hired By Prestofresco In Italy For Preventing Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2023
I wanted to share my recent experience with all of you. I consider myself a skilled product designer, and when I first heard about the salary offer for a Lagos remote job, I was honestly taken aback and even had a good laugh about it. My initial instinct was to reject it outright. However, after giving it some thought, I realized that I've recently completed my NYSC, and job opportunities aren't exactly pouring in. While I occasionally take on gigs from different sources, they don't come by very often.

So, I've decided to accept this offer, even though it still feels a bit unusual to me. I believe it's a stepping stone towards more significant opportunities. What I'm truly looking for now is to connect with people who have a steady flow of design jobs. If any of you know such individuals or companies, I'd greatly appreciate your help in making those connections. Feel free to comment if you'd like to see my portfolio. Looking forward for remote positions as a product designer. Covering website and app designs, product branding, general design etc..

I've been a part of this amazing Nairaland community for over ten years, and I've gained so much from it. Now, I hope to find support and collaboration within this community to further my career as a designer. Thank you all for your time and consideration!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by TemplarLandry: 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2023
Wow I'm happy for you.
Accept the offer. This will add to your wealth of experience. I like guys like you.

emmy4real94:
I wanted to share my recent experience with all of you. I consider myself a skilled product designer, and when I first heard about the salary offer for a Lagos remote job, I was honestly taken aback and even had a good laugh about it. My initial instinct was to reject it outright. However, after giving it some thought, I realized that I've recently completed my NYSC, and job opportunities aren't exactly pouring in. While I occasionally take on gigs from different sources, they don't come by very often.

So, I've decided to accept this offer, even though it still feels a bit unusual to me. I believe it's a stepping stone towards more significant opportunities. What I'm truly looking for now is to connect with people who have a steady flow of design jobs. If any of you know such individuals or companies, I'd greatly appreciate your help in making those connections. Feel free to comment if you'd like to see my portfolio. Looking forward for remote positions as a product designer. Covering website and app designs, product branding, general design etc..

I've been a part of this amazing Nairaland community for over ten years, and I've gained so much from it. Now, I hope to find support and collaboration within this community to further my career as a designer. Thank you all for your time and consideration!

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Wow I'm happy for you.
Accept the offer. This will add to your wealth of experience. I like guys like you.

Thanks alot for the encouragement... Actually I agree with you. It will add up to my portfolio. From their calendar. I'm to do 1 design every day! That's 30 designs within a month.
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by TemplarLandry: 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
Yes, by doing your job diligently, you're further honing your graphics design skills.
When they see your diligence, they'll increase your salary. They would also start directing clients to you.

emmy4real94:

Thanks alot for the encouragement... Actually I agree with you. It will add up to my portfolio. From their calendar. I'm to do 1 design every day! That's 30 designs within a month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by majesticguy: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
emmy4real94:

Nawa oo, some folks are really heartless. 10k for 30 designs a month. Do you design with a PC or Phone?

9 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by sulaimon22: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
You've taken a bold step by accepting the job offer. Freelance jobs doesn't come often, major reason why you need to have a side hustle. The offer is a stepping stone and I wish you success ahead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2023
majesticguy:

Nawa oo, some folks are really heartless. 10k for 30 designs a month. Do you design with a PC or Phone?
bro I design with PC.. I make ise of the following tools perfectly, adobe Photoshop, corel draw, Adobe illustrator, figma and more... And currently learning adobe afterEffeflct for motion graphics.. My only issue is that I currently resides in the northern part of Nigeria where I schooled and served. No much opportunities here but i hope to relocate to Lagos by December. So, I need all the networking and recommendations I can get..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2023
Thanks alot sir!
sulaimon22:
You've taken a bold step by accepting the job offer. Freelance jobs doesn't come often, major reason why you need to have a side hustle. The offer is a stepping stone and I wish you success ahead.
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
Yeah they mentioned those too..

TemplarLandry:
Yes, by doing your job diligently, you're further honing your graphics design skills.
When they see your diligence, they'll increase your salary. They would also start directing clients to you.

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by youngsahito(m): 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
It might be a test from them. After 1 month, you have to reach a concrete agreement on salary increment.
So it's even a three month probation, I hope they increase your pay to a high figure cos I can't imagine paying somebody for 10k per month.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by Tabletuner(m): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Do you have a PC ?
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by otipoju(m): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
youngsahito:
It might be a test from them. After 1 month, you have to reach a concrete agreement on salary increment.
So it's even a three month probation, I hope they increase your pay to a high figure cos I can't imagine paying somebody for 10k per month.

They are thieves. 30 designs in 1 month is 90 designs in 3 months after which they will tell you they don't want you anymore.

Let him go and join fiverr as a freelance and spend your time there. Even on nairaland I give graphic artists jobs for 25k for one design.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by youngsahito(m): 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2023
otipoju:

They are thieves. 30 designs in 1 month is 90 designs in 3 months after which they will tell you they don't want you anymore.

Let him go and join fiverr as a freelance and spend your time there. Even on nairaland I give graphic artists jobs for 25k for one design.
some people are just being wicked, they might charge a huge amount of money from their clients and make the guy a slave to them. Fear African employers and the guy should find other good alternative if need be.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by OgaTheTop2: 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
10k naira per month

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by flokii: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
10k dollars or naira?

10 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by flokii: 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
youngsahito:

No now, that's too low
We should have agencies monitoring all these recruiters.
They will pay him peanuts and expect him to work like Jackie. O wrong now.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
Tabletuner:
Do you have a PC ?
Yes sir. I have two PCs. A HP folio and a Google Chromebook
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
They said 3months oo
youngsahito:
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
Wow! Please extend your good gesture towards me for ur future design projects, i can be reached via my email 94emmanuelemmy@gmail.com
Thanks!
otipoju:

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emmy4real94(m): 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2023
Its naira sir
flokii:
10k dollars or naira?
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by simplejayy(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
With those skills, you are not expectedto be looking for job. You are meant to be employing people. With Your PC you should be printing money with your skills. You can contact me for a little push in the right direction.
emmy4real94:
bro I design with PC.. I make ise of the following tools perfectly, adobe Photoshop, corel draw, Adobe illustrator, figma and more... And currently learning adobe afterEffeflct for motion graphics.. My only issue is that I currently resides in the northern part of Nigeria where I schooled and served. No much opportunities here but i hope to relocate to Lagos by December. So, I need all the networking and recommendations I can get..

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by Inspired70(m): 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kindly share your email and your social media page. This will be helpful in reaching out reaching out to you.

emmy4real94:

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by Slynation(m): 12:47am On Oct 04, 2023
My bro, I will be very truthful to you because I want to believe they missed out on one zero. But if it's what I'm seeing, 10k/30 is roughly 340 naira per day!! Even a wheelbarrow pusher and cobblers earns higher than that...

Did you consider how long you will spend per day to create one design?? In all ramifications, this is modern day slavery!!

You have a nice skills, do not settle for less in the name of it's a stepping stone while in reality, you are just in there cage...

10K?? For this economy!! No shaah develop eye problem because of 10K...!!

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by DyingFetus: 4:57am On Oct 04, 2023
Op has been successfully agbadonized

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by clays: 5:24am On Oct 04, 2023
emmy4real94:

You accepting this offer is degrading your skill and causing problems for other graphic designers out there. Even those that work in business centers take at least 3-5k to design a simple flyer. What you take for a month is what I take for a hour's work on graphic design.
Sorry to ask, don't you have working costs like data, NEPA bills, fuel, recharge credit, etc?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by Evolutionism: 5:26am On Oct 04, 2023
Perhaps Op meant to say N100,000.
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by Dotmanmcdon(m): 6:50am On Oct 04, 2023
This is too low for a skilled product designer, there are internship that pays more than this.
I expected you to drop your portfolio under this thread so people can see your works and refer you.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by gammarays(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2023
emmy4real94:
Cost of living in the North is very cheap.

Don't make the mistake of relocating to Lagos if you don't have a good paying job

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by majesticguy: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2023
clays:

You accepting this offer is degrading your skill and causing problems for other graphic designers out there. Even those that work in business centers take at least 3-5k to design a simple flyer. What you take for a month is what I take for a hour's work on graphic design.
Sorry to ask, don't you have working costs like data, NEPA bills, fuel, recharge credit, etc?

You've said it all. This was what I was trying to point out to the OP... were I leave, that 10k wouldn't be enough to foot my electricity bill, talk more of data and other expenses. Just watch out, after his 3 months probation, they'd likely look for one excuse or the other to kick him out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by Olawade24: 8:24am On Oct 04, 2023
Tufiaka 10k per month. I rather signup to any freelance platform and LinkedIn and show case my expertise so that I get paid in dollar in this hyper inflated naija.

OP hold your chest and say this before me:

My father my father!!!

Any thing that will make my hustle be like molue may amadioha kpeme strike it down.

OP for God sake have you recite those lines.

Okay dey play.

You better say it with all seriousness, because is your future we are talking here. Tueh!!!
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by Bulletproofgt: 8:39am On Oct 04, 2023
Drop your contact. Let's discuss
Re: I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! by emperor4love(m): 8:49am On Oct 04, 2023
emmy4real94:

What's your year of experience in this skill

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interview With Kimberly Ryan. / NGO in Port Harcourt recruting speech and occupational therapists / Brainnews NG Is Currently Recruiting (9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.