Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,190 members, 7,811,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error (18156 Views)

Arteta Says He "Does Not Understand The Rules" After VAR Sent Off Arsenal Player / Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy / Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Allmiron: 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
Jurgen Klopp has called for Liverpool's match against Tottenham to be replayed after the VAR failed to award Luis Diaz's goal which was ruled out for offside.

Sky Sports News understands the Premier League's stance remains unchanged - that a replay would not be considered.

Klopp said: "It's really important that as big as football is and important as football is we deal with it in a proper way.

"All the people involved, the on-field referee, linesman, fourth official and especially in this case VAR, didn't do that on purpose. It was an obvious mistake and I think there would have been solutions for it afterwards.

β€œSome people probably don't want me to say, but not as the manager of Liverpool so much, more as a football person, the only outcome should be a replay. That's how it is. It probably will not happen."

Diaz was flagged offside after scoring but replays showed he was actually onside although Darren England, the VAR, mistakenly believed the on-field decision had been to award the goal, leading him to tell Simon Hooper, the referee, that the check was complete.

After England and the assistant VAR Dan Cook were alerted to their mistake by the replay operator when the goal wasn't awarded, they repeatedly said they could not intervene as the game had restarted.

Klopp added: "The argument against [a replay] will probably be if we open that gate then everybody will ask for it. The situation is so unprecedented that I'm 56 years old and I'm absolutely used to wrong decisions, difficult decisions but something like that as far as I can remember never happened.

"That's why I think a replay would be the right thing. If it happened again, a replay would be the right thing to do or the referee has the opportunity to bring both coaches together and say, 'Sorry we made a mistake but we can solve it. Let Liverpool score a goal and we can start from there.'

"I'm not angry with anybody, not at all. We should not go for them. They made a mistake and they felt horrible that night, I'm 100 per cent sure. That's enough for me, nobody needs further punishment."

Asked whether the club had asked - or would ask - the Premier League for a replay formally, Klopp added: "At this stage, we are still going through the information we have."

SKYSPORTS

15 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Allmiron: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
Laxasrus:

easy bro, na the same time we post comments, shey you don track my phone while I still dey do copy n paste ni. I fear you ooo.

In another news Penaldo is a living fraud.

Penadogs it’s time to cry in my mentions as usual. I own una πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by OBTOREPA(m): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2023
Seconded

10 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
Okay

In another development, Ten Hag is not fit to coach Manchester United. He should be coaching clubs such as Barnsley or Red Bridge and Dagenham

14 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
Will such request be granted? Let wait for the response anyway
Football isn't without some costly errors.

"Learn how to lose and enjoy winning" Abraham Lincoln

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Ofunaofu: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
Jurgen klopp should move on, Liverpool at one time or the other have been a beneficiary of questionable referee decisions

Calling for a rematch will instigate chains of reactions were other clubs who have been victims of this kind of questionable referee decisions will begin to call for their match to be replayed

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Angelfrost(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
Like I told Fergie001 and Kyase...

It's only fair if the match is replayed... Or 2 points deducted from Spurs, and one point awarded to Liverpool.

The Red cards to Jota and Curtis must stand Sha

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by phr0nesis(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Allmiron:
easy bro, na the same time we post comments, shey you don track my phone while I still dey do copy n paste ni. I fear you ooo.

In another news Penaldo is a living fraud.

Penadogs it’s time to cry in my mentions as usual. I own una πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Topic is about Liverpool but na Ronaldo de your head. E be like say Ronaldo de chase you for dream.

It's not possible for the match to be replayed. Liverpool is not the first team to suffer from bad officiating, neither will it end with them

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Kingpele(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Medicine after death.VAR was introduced to curb such error yet is as if VAR came with its own complications....if not deliberate they could have reverse themselves even if the match was restarted and some added time

6 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by HateBigots: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
angry... Chelsea need to replay that champions League match Vs Barcelona

23 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Obaofaba: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
He's not serious.

He talks too much.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by GanagiBitrus: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by BigDawsNet: 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2023
Just a point will be perfect

2 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Slynation(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2023
E don happen be say e don happen!! But of they end up losing the title by 1 point, this debate would end well...

9 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by MasterJayJay: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
Arsene Wenger offered to replay an FA cup match against Sheffield utd.

The controversy arose after the Blades kicked the ball out for one of their players to receive treatment. Kanu then mistakenly collected a Ray Parlour throw-in that was intended for goalkeeper Alan Kelly, and crossed for Marc Overmars to score.

English FA accepted Wenger's offer and it was replayed. Arsenal won again with same scoreline 2-1.

11 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Dennisochampa: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
Fair enough...
Var cost arsenal alot last season.
If they refuse a replay, then the VAR should be scrapped all together.
It's takin the fun out of the beautiful game.
Those little controversies is what makes football a such a great game to watch

6 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by shoboy9: 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
the real issue is the integrity of the game. VAR was designed to eliminate errors but instead has developed a habit of ERRORS. How absurd does it get? Other leagues have gone automated but EPL and PIGMOL love their corruption. Of course the fans that benefit the most from it will love it.

8 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Thewesterner(m): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Could such request be granted? Let wait for the response anyway

Football isn't without some costly errors.
It will never be granted... They wouldn't want to set a precedent

5 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by maxiart2(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
I feel his pain.
But unfortunately it won't be replayed. That's football for you.

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Truvelisback(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
Klopp is far better than Eric Ten Hag. I a lively coach like Klopp will coach Man united.
Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by tunjijones(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Jurgen klopp should move on, Liverpool at one time or the other have been a beneficiary of questionable referee decisions

Calling for a rematch will instigate chains of reactions where other clubs who have been victims of this kind of questionable referee decisions will begin to call for their match to be replayed

Do you know how many bets will be affected if they replay the match.

Na court the case go end if they replay the match.

2 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Winters23: 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
angry
Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Kossyso: 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
Man with balls. I love his boldness.

3 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by principalgee: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
This is a Football Manager.
I give to u.
Good suggestion

4 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by ppogba: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2023
Weep not child.

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by chimex001(m): 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2023
Can we also ask for a replay of 1986 WC q/final between England and Argentina since it has been established that Maradona goal was a handball/hand of god?
It’s not likely FA will grant Klopp his request. If they do then a pandora box will be unleashed 🀭🀭

7 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error by Skillsnigeria: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eagles Outclass Hosts Ghana To Reach WAFU Cup Semis / AFCON 2021: Cameroon Vs Ethiopia (4 - 1) -On 13th January 2022 / Nigeria's Duo Of Iwobi And Bassey Lead Fulham To Victory At Manchester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.