Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) (4173 Views)

Lagos Schools Where Alcohol, Gambling Thrive In Broad Daylight / Rejoinder : Implosion Of Lagos School With Proof Of Life. (graphic Pics) / Lagos Schools To Resume 4th January, 2022 For 2nd Term Of 2021/2022 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Curious345: 7:08am On Oct 05, 2023
Lagos is a failed state .
It all boils down to corruption ,the mafioso monarchy system of Lagos politics and pure negligence..

All past Lagos governors since 99 are actually dead beats.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 05, 2023
Hmm
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Dreal1247: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2023
Its wrong to pass your judgement from one point of view of a magnificent state like Lagos. Get pictures from other places.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by AbuAeesha: 7:17am On Oct 05, 2023
It shows how bittered and myopic some pple are by regarding Lagos States governors as deadbeat because of this building.
Pessimists!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by dele1727: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2023
grin grin grin

This school is between orile and mile 2...Alaafia area....

This particular building must have been abandoned and new one built ....

A person who comes from a state where they are no schools in some communities will just come to nairaland to type nonsense....

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Judgementa1: 7:20am On Oct 05, 2023
Curious345:
It all boils down to corruption ,the mafioso monarchy system of Lagos politics and pure negligence..

Biafrans news agencies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by nairalanda1(m): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2023
Curious345:

1.Agreed Lagos is a failed state

2.Agreed that Lagos has issues with corruption

3.However, the reason the schools are in a bad state is simple.

Low fees.
Low tax intake
Low GDP...which affects tax intake.
Low budget for education.

Now compare those schools with any of the top private schools in Lagos, and you would see the private schools look very nice. (TOP private schools, not the corner-corner school ). That's because parents pay through the nose to keep them nice.

The same thing exists in all the states in Nigeria, because it is one thing to build a nice school, it is another thing to pay the day to day running costs.

But if fees and taxes are raised, people would shout something about the poor breahting.

Modfied

The problem started in the 1960's and 70's when government built a lot of schools and took over a lot of schools, and burdened the budget into the bargain.

2 Likes

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by nairalanda1(m): 7:22am On Oct 05, 2023
Judgementa1:

Biafrans news agencies.

He is telling the truth, and for all we know, he may even be from Lagos self.

Most states have the same issues.

1 Like

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Curious345: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2023
dele1727:
grin grin grin

A person who comes from a state where they are no schools in some communities will just come to nairaland to type nonsense....

Nope , went to pick up my friend this morning there . And saw the gooooory pictures . As a patriot I decided to post it .

This is Coker secondary school
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Alchemy528: 7:32am On Oct 05, 2023
Our students deserve better. It's time for the government to step up and address the issues causing these school implosions."
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by gasparpisciotta: 7:40am On Oct 05, 2023
Sanwo Olu is only trying to make a name for himself amongst the elites.

His government has completely abandoned the masses.
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Jservice(f): 7:51am On Oct 05, 2023
Hmn that's very risky
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:58am On Oct 05, 2023
Curious345:

Typical public school in Peter Obi's Anambra

Ohu leave Lagos alone and face your cesspit yeast

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Mindlog: 7:58am On Oct 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Modfied

The problem started in the 1960's and 70's when government built a lot of schools and took over a lot of schools, and burdened the budget into the bargain.

Lagos state has returned mission schools they took over in the 70s for over 15 years now, they are not burdened by those schools anymore . Lagos state's public schools are mismanaged like every other states are, I know what I personally experienced when I went to SUBEB in Maryland, Ikeja for the go ahead of a project.

Lots of dead weights in state's ministry of education. Resources are being wasted while children are bearing the brunt. I met a group of trainees from a Nigerian state ministry of education who came for a 2 weeks training a
here in Cambridge and I engaged some of them as I work around children and adolescents. From what I got from them, it was a mere jamboree as I did ask what are the tangible things their State had achieved with their previous trainings in the UK and they didn't say anything concrete, then google their State and they are not doing well academically.
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by BigDawsNet: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2023
This school still dey operate?
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Curious345: 8:28am On Oct 05, 2023
BigDawsNet:
This school still dey operate?
very active . Student population exceeds 5,000
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by ab1x: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2023
This place looks like Vetland Primary School, Oko Oba Agege
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by BigDawsNet: 8:30am On Oct 05, 2023
Curious345:
very active . Student population exceeds 5,000

Chia, may God help Nigeria.. how much will it take to rebuild this?
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by chisupport: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2023
It's not a Lagos thing. All over Nigeria and Africa, the syndrome is the same.
Massive corruption, neglegence and Lack of Good maintenance culture.

A couple of years back, I visited Government technical college Enugu, it's a den of criminals and weed smokers
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by dele1727: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2023
Curious345:

Nope , went to pick up my friend this morning there . And saw the gooooory pictures . As a patriot I decided to post it .

This is Coker secondary school

Yes....it's the same school ...
It's on the path you pass to connect both the iganmu to mile 2 expressway and the oshodi Apapa expressway....

Kindly show the students in the class
Abi is today a public holiday
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Curious345: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2023
dele1727:

Yes....it's the same school ...
It's on the path you pass to connect both the iganmu to mile 2 expressway and the oshodi Apapa expressway....

Kindly show the students in the class
Abi is today a public holiday
I passed there very early . Just when darkness was fading off and the sun was rising .

If I could post videos directly to Nairaland , I would have loved to return there and make a video of students
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by dele1727: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2023
Curious345:
I passed there very early . Just when darkness was fading off and the sun was rising

Is it a route you pass regularly?
I would love for you to get some pictures of students in class and paste it here
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by nairalanda1(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2023
Mindlog:

Lagos state has returned mission schools they took over in the 70s for over 15 years now, they are not burdened by those schools anymore . Lagos state's public schools are mismanaged like every other states are, I know what I personally experienced when I went to SUBEB in Maryland, Ikeja for the go ahead of a project.

Lots of dead weights in state's ministry of education. Resources are being wasted while children are bearing the brunt. I met a group of trainees from a Nigerian state ministry of education who came for a 2 weeks training a
here in Cambridge and I engaged some of them as I work around children and adolescents. From what I got from them, it was a mere jamboree as I did ask what are the tangible things their State had achieved with their previous trainings in the UK and they didn't say anything concrete, then google their State and they are not doing well academically.

You are right about the mission schools(and indeed, not only Lagos, many other states did likewise), but I mentioned that government also built a lot of new schools back then.

That of course added burden to the state resources. It is easy to build schools, not easy to keep on funding them on a year by year basis.

The only way you can fund schools effectively is by either high fees, or everyone in the neighbourhood pays taxes at very high rates.
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Curious345: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2023
dele1727:

Is it a route you pass regularly?
I would love for you to get some pictures of students in class and paste it here

Like once in 2weeks
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Couldntfigurean: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2023
Baba is coming to build it,he is a master strategist
He only left the school that way so obidents can have something to talk about while he builds the Economy

1 Like

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by dele1727: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2023
Curious345:

Like once in 2weeks

But you know that the students is about 5,000 in number...

Do you know what 5,000 students in a school mean?

In lagos...a school with 5,000 students is a top tier school ...

Only few are upto this numbers...

5,000 students will need 25 teachers...

That is using 200 students to a teacher rate

Cleaners and gatemen....

In Lagos....school are under district who supervises them....

Please do small research
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 9:53am On Oct 05, 2023
dele1727:
grin grin grin

Coker Aguda
Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by Authoreety: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2023
Imagine, u are showing one school and using it to generalise the whole of Lagos schools..

Emancipate urself from hatred and bitterness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implosion Of Lagos Schools (graphic Pics) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2023
O boy you no go school? So you don't know the meaning of implotion,abeg always ask google b4 you begin write trash here. >:THEY BUILDING NEEDS D TOUCH OF PAINTS,IT IS A angrySOLID STRUCTURE.
Make una begin to stop all these propagandism and fake news here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lautech Admissions 2012/2013 / Which School Do These Students Study At? / ASUU Strike Update-opinion Poll: Should It Last Longer Or Be Called Off Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.