Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered (1246 Views)

We nearly bought a "STOLEN" Mercedes Benz but this saved us / Indian Hemp Found In A Fairly Used Car I Bought, Please Let's All Be Careful. / Awoof!!!awoof!!!awoof!!! Don't Miss It....registered Toyota Land Cruiser For Sal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by haul: 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2023
Please I buy a truck with the custom papers etc then I tried registering it only for me to be told it has been registered , I was sent a screenshot of it . Now I’m planning to go back there tomorrow. I will be needing a part refund cause you can’t sell a registered truck as a Tokunbo I’m very annoyed now. Please give me suggestion . I’m angry cause the custom papers were 2022 .

Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by Coolgent(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
haul:
Please I buy a truck with the custom papers etc then I tried registering it only for me to be told it has been registered , I was sent a screenshot of it . Now I’m planning to go back there tomorrow. I will be needing a part refund cause you can’t sell a registered truck as a Tokunbo I’m very annoyed now. Please give me suggestion . I’m angry cause the custom papers were 2022 .

Gazzuzz
Seeing the duty reading 2022... you should enquire further.
When was it registered?
If it was registered withing the last 3months just reprimand the seller otherwise collect some %

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by victor2008(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
U didn't do your home work very well,there are some red flags u should have noticed,thou u can try give a fight,but guess u ain't winning , o ti lo
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by Estichuxs(f): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
haul:

Gazzuzz

Sorry about this.
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by haul: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
Coolgent:

When was it registered?
If it was registered withing the last 3months just reprimand the seller otherwise collect some %

This is what I plan to do there tomorrow . Me go cause wahala there for their company nobi small

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by haul: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
Estichuxs:

Sorry about this.
But why are Nigerians like this in this country!
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2023
haul:

Gazzuzz

It is illegal to sell a registered car as a non registered vehicle .

You should request for a full refund and involve law enforcement.

Vehicle could be stolen.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by haul: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

It is illegal to sell a registered car as a non registered vehicle .

You should request for a full refund and involve law enforcement.

Vehicle could be stolen.
Thank you boss will contact your Whatapp if I’m allowed sir
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by Westerhoffe(m): 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2023
First thing you should do is contact the Law Enforcement Agency, lodge a complaint and request they go there with you.

Because if the sold vehicle had been stolen, you might be in trouble somehow if you don't take the necessary steps for your safety on time.

9 Likes

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by Estichuxs(f): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2023
haul:

But why are Nigerians like this in this country!

You should definitely involve the police. Police like situations like this because once they catch the culprit, they will milk him dry.

5 Likes

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by eteebanky: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2023
I swear my guy

If you sue them, you'll surely win in Court

They sold a registered vehicle for you as unregistered tokunbo car, that is illegal

Cause wahala, request for partial refund

We Nigerians are very wicked, na the same people go dy blame government

10 Likes

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by wunmi590(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2023

Most Nigerian like being dishonest in their dealings, which is presently painting us bad international...

Based on what guzz... has said, it is illegal, so if truly what you said is right, then please ho for your full refund...
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by chccho(m): 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2023
Go there and cause serious wahala with them, infact tell them u found out its a stolen vehicle and therefore it has now turned to a police case. Make sure u involve police so they will know how serious the matter is.
U can either ask for full refund or part refund.
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by chccho(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
And some people are shouting somebody forged certificate but, this one sold a registered car as unregistered.
Nigerians!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by Okeyc230: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
Please go back
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by haul: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
Thank you everyone I’ve decided to follow gazzuzz advise I will be at the police tomorrow then onward to their company yard I will keep you guys posted . Thanks for the love and replies

6 Likes

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2023
Coolgent:

When was it registered?

Nigerians and unnecessary blames.

How far is 2022 from 2023??

Are there no cars imported in 2021 and 2022 that are still in car stands till now?

And we're talking about a truck here that doesn't sell like Corolla.

Every blame should go to the criminal that sold a registered car as an unregistered one, please.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by OkayDaddy: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2023
As I dey read this thing, I dey vex.
Thanks to those who have advised him.

It was this type of nonsense that ruined the man called Lanre Shittu when he was alive. He even went to jail for it

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by haul: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
Well I followed everyone advise and went straight to the police close to them , we had our statement the SIB inspector there was pretty much interested and we all went to there yard to invite them but it was the boy there so we called the head honcho and he came they told him to narrate and they said it’s not possible you did this and say it’s from Europe etc .
So they put the man in the cell and I was told to bring the truck back that’s some diesel you know . We sha brought it to station , his friends were around to as they all sell in the yard together . And the dpo all agreed to go check the chassis on the truck to confirm which tallied they were now surprised why is it registered and why does it says tax payer name :******. So I told them I paid for Tokunbo I can’t have a registered truck at a Tokunbo price . So the dpo a a woman she said okay they will write and check in to the licensing office to see Cve the necessary info of the one who registered it . And we make a decision . Tho I have a privileged info based on I have someone in licensing who told me what could happen based on the type of number registered etc which I kept as ACE . I know even if they go to chesterfield what they will see is it doesn’t tally and I have my resolve on what to tell them money . The registration I saw wasn’t even completely done it was like doing a registration and just left it there I can see no hackney processed no road worthnimess check yet no TTP yet etc it was just half done . My plug told me it would be re-registered but the cost of re-reg is usually high so I should stand my ground why should I be paying so high for re-reg if it was really Toks ? So we should find a common ground on what they would love to refund . My plug told me it wasn’t stolen actually but they can’t say they didn’t know it was reg before . Even there boy at the yard my mechanics told me that the boy said their boss could easily reach out to me on what can be refunded instead of trying to still go to licensing to get information of who reg and call him . But he can’t face his boss cause he don’t want him to say maybe he was the one who reg it behind his back etc . But Monday will be interesting we see how it goes . Those boys had put the man in cell even before I got there . Whatever they want to do if they’re not ready to play ball then I call my lawyer to them let him feed with their meat

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by harshimyomesk: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2023
haul:
Well I followed everyone advise and went straight to the police close to them , we had our statement the SIB inspector there was pretty much interested and we all went to there yard to invite them but it was the boy there so we called the head honcho and he came they told him to narrate and they said it’s not possible you did this and say it’s from Europe etc .
So they put the man in the cell and I was told to bring the truck back that’s some diesel you know . We sha brought it to station , his friends were around to as they all sell in the yard together . And the dpo all agreed to go check the chassis on the truck to confirm which tallied they were now surprised why is it registered and why does it says tax payer name :******. So I told them I paid for Tokunbo I can’t have a registered truck at a Tokunbo price . So the dpo a a woman she said okay they will write and check in to the licensing office to see Cve the necessary info of the one who registered it . And we make a decision . Tho I have a privileged info based on I have someone in licensing who told me what could happen based on the type of number registered etc which I kept as ACE . I know even if they go to chesterfield what they will see is it doesn’t tally and I have my resolve on what to tell them money . The registration I saw wasn’t even completely done it was like doing a registration and just left it there I can see no hackney processed no road worthnimess check yet no TTP yet etc it was just half done . My plug told me it would be re-registered but the cost of re-reg is usually high so I should stand my ground why should I be paying so high for re-reg if it was really Toks ? So we should find a common ground on what they would love to refund . My plug told me it wasn’t stolen actually but they can’t say they didn’t know it was reg before . Even there boy at the yard my mechanics told me that the boy said their boss could easily reach out to me on what can be refunded instead of trying to still go to licensing to get information of who reg and call him . But he can’t face his boss cause he don’t want him to say maybe he was the one who reg it behind his back etc . But Monday will be interesting we see how it goes . Those boys had put the man in cell even before I got there . Whatever they want to do if they’re not ready to play ball then I call my lawyer to them let him feed with their meat
Interesting.... sorry bro, for the stress and all

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by jgbemson1: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
This is interesting....

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by harshimyomesk: 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
haul:
Bros aw far? Hope everything has been resolved now
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by haul: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2023
harshimyomesk:

Bros aw far? Hope everything has been resolved now
Bro’s thank you for keeping up I’ve had my own personal challenges that have kept me off the internet .

Well , few days after calling police on update the police don change mouth , like they’re waiting for reply that it’s not their agency and he’s not responsible for anything . He said this in harsh tone like I was disturbing him. Immediately I knew momey don exchange hands . Well I moved on at the advice of my lawyer that he knows the police station very well they will just foot drag unecessarily delaying me . That if I would be trying to sue that’s he can but he will advise me to move on with my business and not entangle with them that I should only go there to get an incidence report that I had reported the issue . Well I asked a different guy on Nairaland that registers vehicle and he checked for me and gave me feed back that it’s a case of abandoned registration due to error in registration that it does happen well .

Well after all these Omo I just gave up then went with the alternative way to register it . Since it’s going to be plying from the bushes to get sand to town I didn’t put too much bother on it .

I was just sad cause you want to do things the right way I’m Nigeria but the people and the system just frustrate you . Well lesson learnt.

I’m sorry once again that I didn’t update you guys early . Thank you everyone for the support and guide . I sincerely do appreciate and sorry once again for keeping you waiting this long . Cheers
Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by greggng: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Nigerians and unnecessary blames.

How far is 2022 from 2023??

Are there no cars imported in 2021 and 2022 that are still in car stands till now?

And we're talking about a truck here that doesn't sell like Corolla.

Every blame should go to the criminal that sold a registered car as an unregistered one, please.

You are derailing from the bone of contention. He was sold a Nigeria registered car as tokunbo . Thst is illegal. Only the buyer has right to register what he bought not the opposite . He has to return the money in full or agree to the buyer given him the price of Nigerian used equivalent ...Next time you wanna buy tokunbo kindly query the vin number ...some people think we are wasting our time when we recommend it

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by lendahand(m): 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2023
haul:

Bro’s thank you for keeping up I’ve had my own personal challenges that have kept me off the internet .

Well , few days after calling police on update the police don change mouth , like they’re waiting for reply that it’s not their agency and he’s not responsible for anything . He said this in harsh tone like I was disturbing him. Immediately I knew momey don exchange hands . Well I moved on at the advice of my lawyer that he knows the police station very well they will just foot drag unecessarily delaying me . That if I would be trying to sue that’s he can but he will advise me to move on with my business and not entangle with them that I should only go there to get an incidence report that I had reported the issue . Well I asked a different guy on Nairaland that registers vehicle and he checked for me and gave me feed back that it’s a case of abandoned registration due to error in registration that it does happen well .

Well after all these Omo I just gave up then went with the alternative way to register it . Since it’s going to be plying from the bushes to get sand to town I didn’t put too much bother on it .

I was just sad cause you want to do things the right way I’m Nigeria but the people and the system just frustrate you . Well lesson learnt.

I’m sorry once again that I didn’t update you guys early . Thank you everyone for the support and guide . I sincerely do appreciate and sorry once again for keeping you waiting this long . Cheers
yea Nigerians can be heartless but sometimes believe me, it's neither a case of stolen vehicle or registered vehicle intentionally sold as tokunbo. It has happened to my office colleague too. He sold a tokunbo car that they used it's chassis no to register another vehicle that came in the same container! Yes.

He was lucky because the navy guy that bought it was a friendly type and someone that also enjoyed my colleague's kindness. He didn't make any arrest or raise dust, he only requested for the car papers to continue using his car notwithstanding. He didn't even ask for a refund. We pressed forward to vio office at oshodi and discovered that mistake happened from them. They corrected it and everyone went home smiling.

It's not always a criminal case people.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Truck I Found It’s Registered by Kingsoul1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
lendahand:
yea Nigerians can be heartless but sometimes believe me, it's neither a case of stolen vehicle or registered vehicle intentionally sold as tokunbo. It has happened to my office colleague too. He sold a tokunbo car that they used it's chassis no to register another vehicle that came in the same container! Yes.

He was lucky because the navy guy that bought it was a friendly type and someone that also enjoyed my colleague's kindness. He didn't make any arrest or raise dust, he only requested for the car papers to continue using his car notwithstanding. He didn't even ask for a refund. We pressed forward to vio office at oshodi and discovered that mistake happened from them. They corrected it and everyone went home smiling.

It's not always a criminal case people.

You are very much right sir

I Also had the same experience with a colleagues dyna truck that I sold to my client. The dyna truck came with other dyna trucks inside the same container. The vehicle's chassis no was registered in a woman's name with an akwa Ibom license plate. I already established a mutual relationship with the client before the transaction so the issue was settled amicably. It's not always a case of stolen vehicle or intentional act.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Black 2011 Foreign Used ES350 Lexus / Almost Got A Speeding Ticket / 1997/98 Infinity Qx4 For Quick Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.