Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

How To Attract Investors - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Attract Investors (139 Views)

How To Attract Investors / How To Attract Good Things Into Your Life / Write Your Business Plan To Attract Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Attract Investors by victspor(m): 3:47am On Oct 07, 2023
HOW TO ATTRACT INVESTORS

When building a business, cash is needed and there are different means to get this cash, it could be gotten from bootstrapping, the means of using personal savings and assets to start and run a business, it could be from friends, family members, bank loans, angel investors and grants from government etc

One must understand that people give money to things and other people whom they find interesting, of course not all funding is good money, some funds can ruin your business before you can say the word 'Jack Sparrow'

The first thing to do when attracting investors is to know exactly what you want to build, understand the fundamentals of building a business, branding, documentations, registration, certifications involved, localization and the way to integrate technology in that business.

This matters because you wouldn't want to be thrown off guard by the questions that investors might ask you.

2. Build a solid personal brand, most investors are interested in the founder, people want to believe in the founder before they believe in the business so they watch out for the things you've done in the past, the way you pitch, your intelligence, your passion for the business and how much belief that you have for the business.

Investing in one's brand takes time but it is necessary.

3. Have a great team

Have a team that compliments your skills and complements your flaws, people who can think like you do but from a different perspective, a team with diverse talents, a movie series called Scorpion was made up of a team of geniuses but the beauty of the team was that they saw things from another light that most people didn't see.

4. Have traction
You need to show investors progress on what you're building, it could be data on partners, suppliers, research, market competition, customers and other investors who want to invest as well.

The law of the Matthew effect says that those who made much (progress) much more would be added into them.

Sometimes this would mean that your own money would be invested in it too, your time and skills, the investors might need to see some commitment from your end before they are convinced.

5. Have a business plan ready, figure out what your unfair advantage is, a business plan isn't just for the investor but it enables the founder to see the loopholes in the business before anyone else.

Business is about competing for the attention of customers and it is only something unique and different that commands attention.

A business plan has different aspects of the business discussed that would enable the investor to have a peek at what he is investing in.

6. You must know your numbers

I really can't overemphasize this, you need to know how much sales that you might be able to make within a period, how much you need to buy inventories, rent and capital needed to start major products, you might not really know the exact amount but make an estimate and back it up with relevant data.

Know how many competitors you have, your market share, potential locations where you will make sales, a demography and psychography if possible.

7. Storytelling

Take the investor on a journey with stories on how much they should invest, why they should invest, what they stand to gain if they invest in you.

You have to make your pitch in a compelling manner that identifies the problem you want to solve.

So I'll give an example

I wrote the book the Job seeker's guide because I was also seeking a job for about 6 months of my life, this search would take me to meet various teachers, trainings and learn more about why most people don't have a job, so I decided to pen down my thoughts in a book starting from someone who doesn't even know the kind of career they would want to get a job in, because that was there I started from and I've been able to put that into one book which is a guide and I've gotten an audience ready to buy the book

All I need is capital....

You see what I did there, I guided my investors.

You also have to be ready to explain what the money invested would be used for, there has to be a laid down plan waiting just for the capital.

Hope you found value?

To get a business plan that attracts investors or enable you get a loan, send a Whats App message to this numberĀ 08094457780

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Successful Business Website / Job Vacancy For A Front Desk/admin.officer In Port Harcourt / Warning: Read This Before You Start Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.