Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud (10900 Views)

Prosper Beyond Moore Defrauds Nigerian-Americans Of $1.4 Million In The US / Mechanic Bags 12 Months Jail For Cybercrime In Ilorin / Oyelowo Fawas: “American Prostitute” Bags 12 months Imprisonment In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Dicoomoba: 8:06am On Oct 07, 2023
Thonyb:

https://.ng/2023/10/06/ex-convict-bags-12-years-jail-term-for-1-4m-fraud/

Igbos has suffered sotey any news na fear until it land coz you are normally expecting usual
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Agugbadin: 8:06am On Oct 07, 2023
dawnomike:
The judgement is fair enough and the judge was very compassionate. Cos if I were to be the judge, dude would have bagged like 50years in jail!!!

I agree with you absolutely, this are the ones that drags tge name of Nigeria in the mud.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by fredoooooo: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2023
He was once convicted, I thi k he shoukd get more terms so he can learn well..
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by oneMalik: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2023
The criminals we all hail in the street .

You will never recover !
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by cornelin(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2023
He did not intentionally defraud his victims, it is his account that committed the crime.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Kachidubem: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2023
I will continue to say this...white Americans are dumb....

All my life, I've never heard yahoo boys scamming BLACK AMERICANS... never !!!

This is something worth studying.
Why white people are actually very dumb.
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by MeineMutter: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2023
Jail the wheyrhey.

He is one of the reasons these oyinbos see us a bad race.
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Advancedman(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
How do you use your personal account commit $1.4M fraudulent deal and still stayed in Nigeria. Even if you get strong back-up, you no apply sense at all. Enjoy your two portion of rice.

That's not the first now because this go sour?
Naija is a great safe haven for criminals.
I have heard of a criminal who got caught just at an entering point of an Asian country.
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by TheBillyonaire: 10:50am On Oct 07, 2023
dawnomike:
The judgement is fair enough and the judge was very compassionate. Cos if I were to be the judge, dude would have bagged like 50years in jail!!!

Law has no emotion.
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Elxandre(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2023
Kachidubem:

That's because black Americans don't really have money.
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Kachidubem: 11:12am On Oct 07, 2023
Elxandre:

That's because black Americans don't really have money.
Na lie...it because...black Americans think like like us too (Africans)....very hard to be scammed by some nonsense email.

They also spank dia kids like we do here in Africa... we have some similarities
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by etrange: 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
Even the so-called educated ones with white collar jobs are fraudulent. Why are so many Nigerians greedy and wicked?
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by etrange: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
Kachidubem:

Dude, rushing in to blame the victims is the same as supporting this wickedness perpetuated by these scammers, and as they say, what goes around comes around. The whites are dumb, yet they are more advanced than you are? You think black Americans would have been exempted if they had as much money as the whites? Sir, the reason these westerners seem to be easy targets is because their society doesn't make them as security conscious as ours do. Have you been to the US/Canada? Even thier banking security isn't developed to be as tight as what we have in Nigeria. All you need is someone's ATM card, and you can swip it at any store without PIN, security code or multi-factor authentication like token. And some of these thieves are taking advantage of these things.
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Kachidubem: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
etrange:

Dude, rushing in to blame the victims is the same as supporting this wickedness perpetuated by these scammers, and as they say, what goes around comes around. The whites are dumb, yet they are more advanced than you are? You think black Americans would have been exempted if they had as much money as the whites? Sir, the reason these westerners seem to be easy targets is because their society doesn't make them as security conscious as ours do. Have you been to the US/Canada? Even thier banking security isn't developed to be as tight as what we have in Nigeria. All you need is someone's ATM card, and you can swip it at any store without PIN, security code or multi-factor authentication like token. And some of these thieves are taking advantage of these things.

That has been happening for years now, guess what , they still let it be...

See, I don talk my own, some white Americans are truly gullible,...

If you read or listen to some of the voice note these illiterate yahoo boys in benin always use to swindle dia white victims.... like , I can't just comprehend for the life of me , why would anyone fall for this... damn... especially the love email scams

So pathetic.
Re: Ex-Convict Bags 12 Years Jail Term For $1.4 Million Fraud by Storypot: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
I first think say na shalipopi

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Bad Boys" Planning To Attack Banks: Police / Fire Hits IDPS’ Camp In Borno, One Dead, Scores Injured / BREAKING: Atheist Mubarak Bala To Be Executed Without Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.