Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,363 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) (1212 Views)

UK And Canada Startup Visas. / Mention The Countries You Will Never Consider Going To Even With Free Visas / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
This forum is to educate one another on how to go about achieving a startup visa from various countries. The benefits of it is beyond reach. My believe in this world is, if you have a dream, permit it to materialise....If your country country isn't allowing that dream to materialise, look elsewhere to gain that recognition. Currently almost all developed countries have introduced the implementation of a startup visa to help promote and drive the economic growth of their respective homelands. With a startup visa individuals are able to locate to foreign countries and potentially start a business. A startup visa gives an organisation or an individual the ability to horn his skills and turn an idea into a corporation.

Currently most European countries have made it easy for expats to obtain this visa with less stress. Portugal currently has redefine what it means to obtain a startup visa as its requirements are less complicated.

Gentlemen let's educate ourselves on this approach. Feel free to ask any question you may have as well as concerns about this visa and I will do my best to answer all. Cheers gentlemen. Currently South Africa is scheduled to release a startup visa in the coming months as well
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2023
At the current moment I will advise all those entrepreneurs with business ideas and a business plan to focus on Portugal or perhaps Spain for a startup visa. Ideally you don’t need to have a business already in its early stages, you can have a business plan well drafted detailing out everything.

With respect to Portugal Startup Visa, the requirements are straight forward.

You will first need to submit your business plane to an institution known as IAPMEI. This institution will take 3months to approve or reject your business plan if they feel it won’t be beneficial to the Portuguese economy. If your business plan is approved, you then move on to using the approval declaration letter to move on to the next stage which is obtaining your startup visa from the embassy. Trust me, at this point you’ve already been approved as the embassy will grant you your startup visa without any hustle as long as you have all your documents following the guidelines as well as your declaration of approval from IAPMEI.

My reason for wanting most entrepreneurs to consider this route is because of the enormous benefits it brings.

With a startup visa you can work on growing your company while gaining residency in Portugal, this residency enables you to have other multiple jobs meaning you can work for other companies while focusing on your own as well. You can further your education as well as residency gives you the legal right to do everything citizens of that country have. Within 5years provided you are in good conduct you will be able to apply for citizenship!

As a residence of Portugal, you can travel throughout the entire Schengen territories without a hustle of needing any visa.

This visa also allows you to have up to 5 owners apply with you provided they are part of your startup company. All 5 owners will gain the same residency provided your startup company is approved with IAPMEI.

Each candidate must have at least 5800 euros for an entire year in their bank account. This amount honestly isn’t a lot at all when you compare it with just a normal tourist visa. This amount although may be subject to go up with factors to inflation it’s still relatively low.

4 Likes

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by bright2003: 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2023
It s very nice consideration. Except that one must have over N5million in account for a year. Any other way around this will really be good
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by ahnie: 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
Following
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2023
bright2003:
It s very nice consideration. Except that one must have over N5million in account for a year. Any other way around this will really be good

Yes you do need to have N5 million in your account for a year but there are ways around it. the N5million doesn't need to be moved from your home country to the bank in Portugal as of yet. what I'd recommend is, if you don't have that amount find family members or those that can trust you to deposit such amount into your account and have it sit in your account for 3-6months. After your application has been approved and you are in Portugal you can obviously give that amount back. Portugal is very affordable as of today, unlike Canada the cost of living is insanely low hence your living cost should be very minimum.

Also what I would recommend if you are interested is to look at the incubation companies for your startup businesses, some of them offer investment of up to. 100,000.00 euro to help fund your startup provided its innovative and shows a promising future.

1 Like

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2023
ahnie:
Following

Pleasure!
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by Lungdick: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2023
Countries offering start up visa.
canada
uk
US
Norway
finland
germany
sweden
australia

2 Likes

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by Lungdick: 9:03am On Oct 14, 2023
wittywriter:
Fixed...how much is their visas respectively?.

Wittyness.

Wittyness
it varies and ranges betweeen $100000 and $500000
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2023
wittywriter:

Fixed...how much is their visas respectively?.

There are fundraiser experts one can pay for their services to get the amount...or you can raise it if your startup has a financially formidable team members...
@koffeed let's delve into documentations ; apart from P.O.F and Business Plan what other documents are required moreso how much is the fee for this visa to poland?.

Wittyness

Hello everyone. we will dive into this further
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2023
Indeed there are numerous startup visas available for most leading countries as of today. The reason I narrowed it down to Portugal is primarily because Portugal is very affordable when you compare it to most leading countries. The amount required alone is substantially high for United States, Canada, UK and others. Also with these countries your idea for a potential startup is rigorously analysed. competitors are on the higher side thus rejections are rendered more.

With Portugal the cost is very low, less than 9,000 euros you need to show that you have such amount in your bank account for a year. Just a year to begin the process. also keep in mind that Portugal is the only country that offers startup visa holders the ability to gain full citizenship after 5 years which is very unheard of.

I have a citizenship from Canada and I must tell you Canada is very expensive to move to as of today and job opportunities aren't that many even though Canada is trying so hard to get immigrants to relocate to its lovely country. Housing crisis alone is on the upper side in Canada.

we will dive further into all the cost and analyses so everyone can have an idea.

Processing time for Portugal is 3-5months due to backlog now, it use to be 40days but as we know things have change lately economically. As far as I'm concern Spain processing time is very fast 2 weeks for business approval for your startup.

Also keep in mind that with Portugal if you have a visitor visa you can visit Portugal and apply for the startup visa while there, you don't need to apply it in your home country, which is a huge benefit. the same applies with Spain

1 Like

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by Natural2Heal: 5:22am On Oct 17, 2023
koffeed:
Indeed there are numerous startup visas available for most leading countries as of today. The reason I narrowed it down to Portugal is primarily because Portugal is very affordable when you compare it to most leading countries. The amount required alone is substantially high for United States, Canada, UK and others. Also with these countries your idea for a potential startup is rigorously analysed. competitors are on the higher side thus rejections are rendered more.

With Portugal the cost is very low, less than 9,000 euros you need to show that you have such amount in your bank account for a year. Just a year to begin the process. also keep in mind that Portugal is the only country that offers startup visa holders the ability to gain full citizenship after 5 years which is very unheard of.

I have a citizenship from Canada and I must tell you Canada is very expensive to move to as of today and job opportunities aren't that many even though Canada is trying so hard to get immigrants to relocate to its lovely country. Housing crisis alone is on the upper side in Canada.

we will dive further into all the cost and analyses so everyone can have an idea.

Processing time for Portugal is 3-5months due to backlog now, it use to be 40days but as we know things have change lately economically. As far as I'm concern Spain processing time is very fast 2 weeks for business approval for your startup.

Also keep in mind that with Portugal if you have a visitor visa you can visit Portugal and apply for the startup visa while there, you don't need to apply it in your home country, which is a huge benefit. the same applies with Spain

Most business plan that will be approved for the start up visa are TECH business.
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by beautyuche: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2023
I think Agriculture will make a good business too as food is in the core for European country. Who is game on this.
I will like to know am I to remain in the country for the 5 year period or and i move about come in and out of the country.

Natural2Heal:

Most business plan that will be approved for the start up visa are TECH business.

1 Like

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by Wizcollifa(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2023
beautyuche:
I think Agriculture will make a good business too as food is in the core for European country. Who is game on this.
I will like to know am I to remain in the country for the 5 year period or and i move about come in and out of the country.

let’s link up and share ideas about start up.

1 Like

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by adigun27: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2023
I really have full interested in the start up business in Portugal how can I get the link plss help me
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by adigun27: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2023
Bros plss can you link me up and how can I talk to you drop your email
koffeed:

2 Likes

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by beautyuche: 9:14am On Nov 09, 2023
How far are we on this. Any business ideas

1 Like

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2023
Hello guys, sorry for the absence, I had a few work issues to sort out. Lets kindly resume on this project discussion.
Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2023
If we are going to dive into this startup segment, we will need to consider the first important discussion, which is the prerequisite for this startup. For now I'm going to focus the prerequisite on Portugal startup visa.

1. The applicant must be 18 years of age and have no criminal background, you cannot also have an already existing Schengen residency in any of the European countries.
2. Your startup innovative project must show the need to expand towards international growth, with focus on technology and knowledge with need to create skilled employments in the foreseeable future.
3. You need to have a well prepared business plan with a pitch deck attached to it(I personally recommend a pitch deck as it allows the committee that will approve your visa a more in-depth understanding of your business plan), this business plan will need to be approved by one or more of the accredited incubators in Portugal. These incubators have an agreement with Portugal startup as this then gives your startup business plan the ability to qualify to the next level which is finally being approved by IAPMEI. which is the company that gives the final approval of your startup company.
4. In your business plan you must demonstrate that your startup company in the future (5 years time), has the ability to make 325,000 euros. keep in mind that this amount can also be assessed in terms of your company's assets hence there are several ways around this after 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: STARTUP-VISAS ( The Reason Most Of Us Should Consider This Approach) by koffeed: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2023
Natural2Heal:

The business does not need to fully be technological but it does need to incorporate some form of technology for instance, if you submit a business plan about opening up an agriculture farm, you will be immediately rejected but rather if you submit a business plan about an agriculture technology company that incorporates technology to solve farmers logistics issues as well as help aid in distributing efficiently its products all over a particular city this will likely get a thumbs up from the incubator.

The need to think outside the box is the key for approval in this visa section.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Worst Place You Have Ever Been? / Business Visa Uk. What Do You Think? / Visa To Travel To Venezuela (south America), 100% Guarantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.