Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,865 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Seeking The Title Of This Book - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Seeking The Title Of This Book (433 Views)

Only Legends Will Remember This Book . / If U Say U Are An Intelectual! And You Have Not Read This Book U Are Jonzing / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking The Title Of This Book by rickleye: 3:39am On Oct 10, 2023
If you remember Chike and the river and eze goes to school . Macmillan books. M&B . I need help with the title of a book.

Had to do with a bully/truant with some friends
They attended boarding school
They were also punished by cutting grass in school.
One day the main instigator was sent home. He instead impersonates an inspector and sleeps in the house of the local chief.
He impregnates the daughter of the local chief and runs back to school .

If you know the title please respond.
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by AyLuxury(m): 6:06am On Oct 10, 2023
Could it be Trouble in Form Six by Cyprain Ekwensi? Was the main character named Tayo?

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by joinnow: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2023
rickleye:
If you remember Chike and the river and eze goes to school . Macmillan books. M&B . I need help with the title of a book.

Had to do with a bully/truant with some friends
They attended boarding school
They were also punished by cutting grass in school.
One day the main instigator was sent home. He instead impersonates an inspector and sleeps in the house of the local chief.
He impregnates the daughter of the local chief and runs back to school .

If you know the title please respond.
These are both well-known works of Nigerian literature written by Chinua Achebe:

"Chike and the River" (also known as "Chike and the River: A Tale of Niger"wink is a novel written by Chinua Achebe. It was first published in 1966 and tells the story of a young Nigerian boy named Chike and his adventures along the Niger River.

"Eze Goes to School" is another novel by Chinua Achebe. It was first published in 1964 and follows the story of a man named Ezeulu, the chief priest of the god Ulu, and his experiences with colonial education in Nigeria.

Both of these books are significant works in African literature and provide insights into the cultural and social contexts of Nigeria during the colonial period.
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by rickleye: 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2023
AyLuxury:
Could it be Trouble in Form Six by Cyprain Ekwensi? Was the main character named Tayo?

Nope.
It was a boy, I also recall when he was on the bus he passed gas and the conductor swore at the person ( not knowing it was the character who had done the deed)
He was mischievous and cunny .
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by AyLuxury(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Wow. I recall reading a novel like that. Can't remember exactly. Was the boy's name Odenge? Could it be Scoundrels in Uniform?
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by rickleye: 1:31am On Oct 11, 2023
AyLuxury:
Wow. I recall reading a novel like that. Can't remember exactly. Was the boy's name Odenge? Could it be Scoundrels in Uniform?

That is it !!!! Sir you have won.
Scoundrels in uniform.
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by rickleye: 1:33am On Oct 11, 2023
AyLuxury:

There is a prize attached which I didn’t mention here. It’s N2500. Do you need it or can I pay it forward ?
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by AyLuxury(m): 6:30am On Oct 11, 2023
Lol. I wouldn't mind actually 🙂. That should get about 4l of fuel😀.
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by rickleye: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2023
AyLuxury:

7zero3649three7six1. Opay.

Np
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by rickleye: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2023
AyLuxury:

7zero3649three7six1. Opay.
m

Done!
Re: Seeking The Title Of This Book by AyLuxury(m): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wow. Received. Thanks a bunch sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abia State University Lecturer Finally Announces Wedding Date With Student Fianc / Make Passive Income For Free-www./getego / Education Is The Key To Success,uduaghan Knows This Fact.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.