Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Rage Over Ra.p.e Of Grand-mothers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rage Over Ra.p.e Of Grand-mothers (1140 Views)

Woman Catches Robber, Ties Him Up, Ra*pes Him For 3-days [PHOTO] / India Man Beheads Daughter In Rage Over Lifestyle / Libyan Rebels Describe How They Torture, ra.pe And Kill Their Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rage Over Ra.p.e Of Grand-mothers by BetaThings: 10:57am On Oct 22, 2011
Unemployment will ruin us while our "leaders" are making promises

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64970:rage-over-violation-of-grand-mothers&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558

Protest over serial gang Desecrating of elderly widows by young boys in Opi, Enugu State

THEY might once have been beautiful and desirable, but at 60, 70 years and more, such beauty must have diminished, their once comely faces, now mirroring their toil over the years.

In climes where fear of God, respect for the elderly and common decency reign, those women, now mothers, grandmothers and even great-grandmothers,   should be honoured and highly-respected.

But in Ogbozalla Ibeku communities in Opi, Nsukka Local Council of Enugu State, they are being violated by boys young enough to be their children and grandchildren.

Elderly women in the communities now live in fear that their doors may be the next the randy youths would knock on to gang -violation them from mid-night till dawn.

Those who resist are beaten to submission.

Investigations revealed that in the last few months, over 20 women have, either in their homes, on their way to farm or the market, fallen victim to the boys who beat up, threaten to kill and cause bodily injuries on any who attempts to resist them.

The victims, who spoke to The Guardian, told their stories in anguish.

“This is a strange development and I don’t think it is for nothing. I suspect these boys are involved in money-making rituals because, what can anybody say is left in me for which the three boys would pounce on me and violation me repeatedly.  They didn’t even consider my age. I am no longer a young girl. My last daughter is about 16 and my husband died some years ago,” said one of the victims, named Patience.

She said the ugly development began like a rumour  sometime this year, when old women complained that the boys who violated her in turns invaded her residence.

“The woman”, according to Patience, “wept bitterly, showing injuries she sustained in her vain attempt to resist the boys”.

But if some women had the darkness of night to cover their humiliation and dishonour, Nnena was not that lucky.

Her eyes brimming with tears, she told The Guardian: “They came to my place around 2.00p.m. I asked them what they wanted and that I did not have any money. I opened my room and asked them to take whatever they wanted but they held me on the throat, threw me to the ground and started Desecrating me”.

Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime, who could not hold back his distaste, described the attitude of the boys as ‘madness’ influenced by factors other than intimate pleasure.

“Otherwise, tell me the kind of pleasure a boy of 18 will derive from sleeping with a woman older than his mother, a woman as old as 60 or 70. Tell me what to attribute this to, other than madness, ” Chime said.

He said violation was a capital offence, which carried life imprisonment, and that the state government would ensure that anyone caught faces the law.

The traditional ruler of Ibeku community, Igwe Fabian Ogbuabo and his Ogbozalla counterpart, Joseph Ezea, said they were at a loss as to what had befallen their communities.

“My worry is that these boys are children of secondary school age or are waiting for admission into the university. I do not know where they are coming from and who is behind them, but I pray that God should touch them to understand that what they are putting themselves into”, Ogbuabo said.

The violation saga might have murdered sleep in the sprawling communities, which have now attracted attention from far and near as never before.

On Monday, hundreds of women in the communities besieged the South-East headquarters of Umuada Ndigbo to protest what they were being subjected by the randy youths.

After listening to them, Umuada Ndigbo, the umbrella body to which all Igbo women in Nigeria and the Diaspora belong, stormed the Opi community.

Led by Lolo Kate Ezeofor, they held a prayer rally at the St. Charles Catholic Church, to condemn the act and seek God’s intervention in the development, which they said could bring curse to the communities and Enugu State at large.

Ezeofor said: “We are here today to pray to God not to visit this sin on the entire Opi people.  Opi women no longer sleep with their eyes closed as many now leave their homes to sleep elsewhere. They are forced to lose their dignity to some youths of 14 to 17 of age young enough to be their children.

“Youths Desecrating their mothers or grandmothers are evil. We pray that evil should stop, as we pray God to forgive and cleanse this land.”

She continued: “The worst is the Desecrating of 70-year-old blind woman, who died after the incident. We plead with the traditional rulers, leaders of thought and residents of Opi to put this abomination to an end”.

Ezeofor expressed the resolve of the Umuada Ndigbo to ensure the perpetrators arrested by the police were brought to justice even if it warranted going to the Supreme Court.

Speaking at the rally, the Parish Priest, St. Charles Catholic Opi, Rev. Fr. Uchenna Obodoechina said the Desecrating of aged women by some youths in the community was not only sin against God the Creator but also sin against humanity.

He said: “This land needs prayers to avert God’s wrath. I commend women in Opi for their determination to fight this evil by inviting Umuada Ndigbo to come to their rescue. I call on the culprits to repent so as to get God’s forgiveness. Youths should avoid smoking Indian hemp or joining dangerous cults, which are behind this abomination,” he said
Re: Rage Over Ra.p.e Of Grand-mothers by BootyOnMe: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2011
HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeWooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I am sure the culprits are on this NL. cheesy
Nothing wey porsin nor go hear for Igboland.
Is this not the same governor that was rumored to have impregnated his sister-in-law? cheesy
University of Nsukka cultists on rampage.

O di kwa egu o!!!

[size=20pt] “Youths[/size] Desecrating their mothers or grandmothers are evil. We pray that evil should stop, as we pray God to forgive and cleanse this land."

If na Northern Nigeria this wan happen now, imbeciles will shout 'Boko Haram'. . .'almajiri' and so one. Criminals from Southern Nigeria are called 'YOUTHS'! grin

(1) (Reply)

INSANITY- Man Orally R*pes His 15-week-old Daughter To Death / 18-Year-Old Newly Wedded Wife Kills Husband In Kano / Graphic Photos: A Young Man Shot Dead By Suspected Cultists In UNILAG Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.