Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met (6658 Views)

Woman Spots Herself In Photo Of Her Husband Years Before They Met / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / Nigerian Couple Who Got Engaged 3 Days After They Met,celebrate 16th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Cholls(m): 6:55pm On Oct 10, 2023
My brothers and sisters happy viewing!

"My mum was a very pretty young lady of 18 when she met my dad, he came to work in her Elder brother's house then since he was a student electrician then, after he left, her brother discovered that something of his was missing and my mom wasted no time in accusing my dad of being the person who stole it, so they sent people to go and call my dad, before he came, her brother later found what he was looking for, so when the people finally brought my dad, her brother jokingly said to him in igbo "come our husband where do you think you are going without paying for your wife's brideprice" and my dad laughed....fortunately my dad took the joke serious and they later got married the next year"

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Klass99(f): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2023

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by ahnie: 8:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
Lovely love narratives cheesy cheesy cheesy.
So pitching my gazebo here!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by VinnyBaba: 9:20pm On Oct 10, 2023
my Dad was a SpiriKOKO Brother in his church! smiley

While my Mother was a STRONG Virgin, like Mary in the Bible! 🀨😊😊

My Dad Wooed Her with Songs of Solomon Verses, After Tuesday Prayer Meeting/Bible Study! 😊😎😎

And the Rest was History! πŸ™‚

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Day169: 8:54am On Oct 11, 2023
Klass99:
Mine met in the choir. I never asked how they met but in the course of gisting, the gist of how they met came out.
I bet they've been singing sweet songs ever since. wink

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Day169: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2023
I haven't and I bet most of us never did. I was the last born and dint bother myself with those tales. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Klass99(f): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2023

22 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by accordadoga26(f): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
Hehehe

My mother has been married for 62 years but I have not for once asked her that question but when I was a little girl I was always wondering how they met.

Make I balance hear the lamba people will post.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by 10thTenthMan: 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
What I was told:

My Grand Aunt who is an (older female cousin of popsie) found my mum as a pretty hard working girl in Nkwere where she herself went to trade and to do business with her own mum.

She liked my mum and recommended her to Popsie and seeking approval from posie’s other siblings. Na so popsie take β€œfall in love o”.

Before you know dem don marry and born us.

grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Bahamas95(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
That question has never crossed my mind, I will ask my mum someday. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by LoveJesus87(m): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
grin
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by ednut1(m): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Nigerian parents go look you with side eyes

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by AskNgige2: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
They both met in Biafra war..

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Chetas81(m): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
THIS IS NOT THE QUESTION OF SINGLE PARENTS CHILDREN

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by ShoeGetSize: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
grin
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by jaxxy(m): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
I didn't need to ask they told for themselves and my grandma added jara
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Rebuker(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
Lol. Nice one OP.

Meanwhile, this young girl posted a video of her conversation with her parent on the internet and has gone viral, and recieved with mixed reactions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzy4ILTdZnY
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by YoungLionken(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
It's like an abomination in our cultural setting cheesy..

There are some questions I can't ask my parents and African elders in particular...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by youngrhosy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
I will ask after petrol is 100naira

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by AOOG1: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2023
NYSC things.
He saw her one day in camp, approached and the rest is history.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by BluntCrazeMan: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
MANY TIMES.

AND THEY BOTH TOLD SAME STORIES..
(MANY TIMES)
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by TheWinterBird(f): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yes
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by ojun50(m): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
I never for ones ask them oooh, and me I don marry
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by CJStarz: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2023
My Mama tell me but me sef don forget.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by tasalanoni(m): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wes
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by JAPAHTML: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Chetas81:
THIS IS NOT THE QUESTION OF SINGLE PARENTS CHILDREN
VAWULENCE IS Allowed provided u are a registered member of nairaland

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by nautybride: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yes.
My father needed a wife, his childhood friend recommended my mother and linked them up. Sweet stories till date.
Unfortunately, this childhood friend became jealous of the union. No man can put asunder anyways.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by Chetas81(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
JAPAHTML:
VAWULENCE IS Allowed provided u are a registered member of nairaland
WITH MY PROFILE IMAGE
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met by LAXconfidential(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
nautybride:
Yes.
My father needed a wife, his childhood friend recommended my mother and linked them up. Sweet stories till date.
Unfortunately, this childhood friend became jealous of the union. No man can put asunder anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lizzyangel / Why Does My Sister's Husband's Privates Smell? / Kenyan Female Sexologist Shows Married Women Latest Sex Positions On TV (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.