Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,906 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Laptop With Mtn Broadband (using Modem). What Is The Email Server? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop With Mtn Broadband (using Modem). What Is The Email Server? (2873 Views)

Installing Email Server And Co For Corporate & Individuals / How To Set Up Email Server / Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop With Mtn Broadband (using Modem). What Is The Email Server? by EamonX1: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
Inspiron 1501. Windows XP Home ed.
I have just got MTN broadband (using modem) I want to set up my Outlook Express program to send emails. I do not know the Outgoing Server details. MTN tell me they dont have their own server. I saw on the net that 'mail.mtn.co.za' might do. But it has not worked. Does anyone have the correct code to be inserted in the Pop3 Box : Outgoing email server?

Most grateful. New to Nigera from Ireland.
Re: Laptop With Mtn Broadband (using Modem). What Is The Email Server? by Maleeq(m): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2011
Are you trying to host your own email server? or simply trying to configure Outlook express to use your existing email account? (e.g: gmail, yahoo! e.t.c). If its the latter, then you need to get the server settings from the email provider itself and not your ISP, MTN.

Please clarify your needs so we may assist you better.

Regards.
Re: Laptop With Mtn Broadband (using Modem). What Is The Email Server? by EamonX1: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2011
My email account is with an Irish Provider. eircom.net. This allows me to receive emails using Outlook Express, but not to Send them. I want to know what I should do to SEND emails using OUtlook express. Thanks for replying.
Re: Laptop With Mtn Broadband (using Modem). What Is The Email Server? by Maleeq(m): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2011
Have you tried[b] mail2.eircom.net[/b] as the SMTP server?
Re: Laptop With Mtn Broadband (using Modem). What Is The Email Server? by EamonX1: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2011
I tried it, but it did not work. However it almost worked , seemed to work, but then rejected it. The error message was :Blacklisted by Spamhaus: http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?41.220.75.167";', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I tried it with mail.eircom.net and got the error message: An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.eircom.net', Server: 'webmail.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Request action aborted on MFE proxy, SMTP server is not available.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

(1) (Reply)

To Get ClarkConnect Home 3.1 on a CD / Sony To Launch Vaio P-series, World Lightest 8-inch Laptop / How Can I Unlock My Etisalat HAIER Cdma Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.