Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) (80257 Views)

Anambra Billionaire Set To Wed 26-year-old Miss Universe Nigeria (photo) / How To Ship Goods From 1688 To Nigeria,sell Online Without Physically Seeing It / Man Celebrates After Seeing New N100 Note For The 1st Time In Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Lampass(m): 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
"I Was Shocked After Seeing That Nigeria Actually Import Common Matches From India And Indonesia. I Asked Myself, What Actually Is Nigeria Producing And Exporting Outside The Country Apart From Oil" ?- Wisdom Nwedene

The only thing Nigeria Produce 100% is children, I stand to be corrected 😁😁😁
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by FireUpNow(m): 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
"I Was Shocked After Seeing That Nigeria Actually Import Common Matches From India And Indonesia. I Asked Myself, What Actually Is Nigeria Producing And Exporting Outside The Country Apart From Oil" ?- Wisdom Nwedene

Na today you know say we produce absolutely nothing. Like plankton of SpongeBob SquarePants would say. Do you have the formular for making matches? We import tooth pick sef. I did a research on tooth pick and I was surprised how much the machine for producing cost. How available are the materials for making toothpicks?
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Alexrayz(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Oga there are made in nigeria matches u will say u have not seen it i just tire for u o na everything dey they post other countries do dey not import wat they produce abeg dey calm
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by LOVEGINO(m): 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
Zonefree:

We produce and export Corruption...is that not enough? undecided
very lucrative.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Kekydiv(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
Dry commodities like: Cocoa, Cashew nuts, Sesame seeds, Ginger etc..
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Zonefree:

We produce and export Corruption...is that not enough? undecided
grin

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by iramure(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2023
We export Nigerian made pastors and churches

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by adecz: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
The problem is, if we start making
it in Nigeria each one single pack will
be N200 ❗️❗️❗️

Upon say them import these things from
far away, they still cost from 10 to 20 Naira
retail.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by naijapikin2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2023
What is there to be shocked about?

We. Even import our own very fuel.. we export it, and then import it..

We are just a nation sitting on a keg of gunpowder.

Anyhow e blow I will survive
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
These are the things Nigerians export to other countries.

The list is ranking in no particular order:

1. Corruption
2. Yahoo Yahoo (Scam)
3. Backward reasonings and behavior
4. Witchcraft
5. Drugs
6. Entitlement Mentality
7. Tribalism
8. Cultism
9. Discouraging others from traveling abroad
10. Prostitution
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Nigeria is virtually producing nothing apart from oil which is refined in a developed country abroad and sent back to Nigeria at a higher cost.

These are the things Nigerians export to other countries.

The list is ranking in no particular order:

1. Corruption
2. Yahoo Yahoo (Scam)
3. Backward reasonings and behavior
4. Witchcraft
5. Drugs
6. Entitlement Mentality
7. Tribalism
8. Cultism
9. Discouraging others from traveling abroad
10. Prostitution

Nigeria no get shame!
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Desusi: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
HB pencil is made in shanghai
Correct garri for drinking from Benin republic now.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2023
This was one of the agendas of Peter Obi. To change Nigeria from importing to exporting nation
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by jojothaiv(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Were you also shocked that Fuel Subsidy was said to have been removed & said to have been re-introduced through the back door
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by maasoap(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
That doesn't mean Nigeria is not producing matches.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by VIKTO83(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
So if u read or know about ordinary toothpick being imported from China what will u then Do?

We depend so much on d govt. These are some of d few things people can manufacture without actually having govt involved.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Mccullum: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2023
legitnow1:

I USE TO THINK THE WHITE MAN WAS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA, THEN I DISCOVERED THAT THE OIL AND GAS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA.

TAKE AWAY THE OIL AND GAS AND WATCH NIGERIANS RETURN BACK TO FARMING AND INDUSTRY.

THOSE COUNTRIES YOU MENTION DO NOT HAVE OIL LIKE WE DO.

THE ONLY REASON TINUBU WANT TO BE PRESIDENT IS BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS, SAME BUHARI.

ALOT OF TRIBAL BIGGOT WILL SUPPORT A FAILING PRESIDENT BECAUSE THEY WANT HIM TO LOOT FOR THEIR TRIBE FROM NATIONAL TREASURY.

SO, OIL AND GAS IS THE NUMBER 1 PROBLEM OF NIGERIA.

NONSENSE, OBI AND ATIKU CONTESTED FOR PRESIDENCY FOR WHAT,

AS YOU HAVE PLACED YOURSELF AS THE PROPHET THAT KNOWS WHAT

PEOPLE ARE CONTENSTING FOR.

WHAT A TRIBAL BIGOT.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by magzey: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2023
We produce and export cash crops na is it not all Exports?

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by phemmyfour: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
It was produced here. People won't patronise you if they see "Made in Nigeria" on your product .....Its a Nigerian thing

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Chibuezem(m): 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
legitnow1:

I USE TO THINK THE WHITE MAN WAS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA, THEN I DISCOVERED THAT THE OIL AND GAS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA.

TAKE AWAY THE OIL AND GAS AND WATCH NIGERIANS RETURN BACK TO FARMING AND INDUSTRY.

THOSE COUNTRIES YOU MENTION DO NOT HAVE OIL LIKE WE DO.

THE ONLY REASON TINUBU WANT TO BE PRESIDENT IS BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS, SAME BUHARI.

ALOT OF TRIBAL BIGGOT WILL SUPPORT A FAILING PRESIDENT BECAUSE THEY WANT HIM TO LOOT FOR THEIR TRIBE FROM NATIONAL TREASURY.

SO, OIL AND GAS IS THE NUMBER 1 PROBLEM OF NIGERIA.

I disagree with you... The problem is simply Nigerians... Alot of oil rich nations are doing well all because of their superb policies and proper management... Here everyone is after his own pocket thereby impoverishing the rest.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

If i may ask what do u as an individual produce
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by ciencee(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2023
Nigeria produces so many things, the only thing is that they are not the originals.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by soccerlite: 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2023
First there's nothing wrong in importation

Nigeria export many things

Don't hullabaloo

You haven't seen imported matches, those ones are ABA made
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Edusouls(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
Produce for were? The only thing black race is good at is hate, quarrel, tribalism, greed, stealing, corruption, breeding, poverty, suffering, brains are completely dead, that’s why we are blacks
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by ofwest47(m): 7:40pm On Oct 11, 2023
In Nigeria you get everything imported from fly covered meat to Television_ B B C news
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by mariahAngel(f): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Little wonder there's hardly any job.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by okoroemeka(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
you will not be shocked if you have actually managed an SME in Nigeria,the environment for manufacturing in Nigeria is do toxic that only few will survive,the first problem is government and it's agencies,the second is poor electricity,insecurity,bad infrastructure,etc,we are using diesel before for production it rose to #700,we switched to fuel,it rose to #620,we switched to log it rose to #900,we are at our wits end on what to switch to again
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Quintopia: 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
toxtimmy:
See as you make yourself look stupid... I'm sure in your village you are the brightest lamp.

We don't manufacture cars in Nigeria....we assemble cars in Nigeria.

Every part of a car that is made of steel in Nigeria is imported... the radio imported, almost all the engine imported... I can go on and on, but since you are the brightest lamp in your village you can figure the rest out.

It's sad to see people think like you.

You cannot build bicycle without steel... Nigeria has no steel plant... until Nigeria has steel plant anything mechanical engineering count is out.

PEA BRAIN TYPING RUBBISH.

Manufacturing is the EXACT SAME THING as what you call ‘assembly’.

It is only in NIGERIA that you Moro.ns have invented a ‘difference’,

In the US, car manufacturing plants are called car Assembly plants.

Nigeria has several STEEL plants in operation. I have no time to school your dumbass, so Google it yourself.

Finally you air head, vehicle manufacturers like INNOSON now use 75% or more locally built materials to build their vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Quintopia: 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2023
VIKTO83:
So if u read or know about ordinary toothpick being imported from China what will u then Do?

We depend so much on d govt. These are some of d few things people can manufacture without actually having govt involved.

DON’T MIND THESE USELESS YOUTHS.

THEY THINK IT’S GOVERNMENT’S JOB TO PRODUCE MATCHES AND TOOTHPICKS.

THEY ARE HOPELESS.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Princewell2012(m): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
bestman09:
Did you just land from the moon @op?

Even tooth pick, tissue paper,serviette etc are imported from China!

Tou took that words from me. Toots picks were also imported. Can you imagine?
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Saidfx(m): 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
Refined cassava(garri) too
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by dannyspeejay(m): 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2023
who needs matches, when i have my lighter cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day / My Updated BTC Buying Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.