Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Personal Security - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Personal Security (559 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Personal Security by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2011
There's one issue that we do not take seriously in Nigeria and that is SECURITY! I have decided to help raise awareness on this crucial topic especially for our families as we approach the festive seasons. Please share your experiences on how to help build safer families, neighborhoods and nation. For more information please visit http://vectronsecurity..com/

you can also make your contributions here. You may just save a live without knowing it. Don't keep quite please.
Re: Personal Security by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2011
How does your bank handle physical security?

I am naturally claustrophobic so I don’t really feel secure inside banks! With all the barricades and security doors! Recently, there have been renewed cases of bank robberies from various parts of the country. In light of this, we decided to investigate how the banks handle the issue of security and our discoveries will shock you!

At a recent informal think thank of my fellow security practitioners we agreed to casually observe how our banks handle security; a penetration test of sorts. The intention was to find out how easy it was to enter banking halls with bags. We were shocked to discover the following;

· Of all the banks surveyed, it was ONLY ONE that did NOT allow entry with bags. (Except when the content is cash). It was relatively easy to enter ALL the other banks with bags under various excuses! There were a kind of search conducted on the bags but we discovered that if you have bags with hidden compartments, those compartments were not searched at all! They only looked into the main compartment! In one bank our agent was just asked to declare the content of his bag, he unzipped the bag, brought out a laptop and showed to the security man and he was allowed in! The security man did not look inside the bag!, read the full story at http://vectronsecurity..com

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Business Online / How Much Is A Homemaker Worth? / Power Of Self-worth:learning To Love Oneself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.