Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? (9511 Views)

Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 / NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing / What Do Nigerians Search Most Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by owumatosa(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2011
I have basically wondered about this myself but seem to find a direct answer. Seeing young and old Nigerians at the vendor poll every morning got me thinking, is it for the fun of it? For the love of it? Or for the love of being current with happening? If any is the case, which news paper do NIGERIANS READ MOST?
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Honeycity(f): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
complete sport! grin
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by pappy2000: 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
those people are member of the FRA (Free readers' association.)

I  think Punch is the most widely read newpaper
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Areosapien(f): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2011
Definitely ThisDay. Their stories and reports have, for most times, been accurate and unbiased; and the company appears to be a well financially supported one. No be like all those ones wey hunger dey kill, wey go do anything to sell copies, even if it means fabricating stories or resorting to sensationalist headlines. The advantage ThisDay has over those others, is that they are more likely to exhibit a little more restraint when approached with cash from corrupt 'money bags', to publish unverified and bogus stories.
Rarely would you ever see them write garbage like "according to a reliable source, ", "our source tells us, " or "We heard from a source, " which is pretty much the norm with the shameless underfed hacks at The Sun, The Tribune and Osun Defenders grin
The Nigerian Horn tho', SMH!!!
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by nodullin(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2011
Honeycity:

complete sport!  grin

SECONDED
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Meedu(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
I believe each Geo-political zone have their own choice of papers.

1 Like

Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
Honeycity:

complete sport! grin

Yeh, the cheapeast, and what is with all these about people crowding the news paper stands in the morning arguing about football, even without washing or brushing their teeth after waking up from their bed?
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
Numero Uno is Complete Sports without a doubt. . . check with a vendor and you'll see it sells out faster than all the other papers. Noticed this cos there's a vendor who comes by my street every morning and by the time hin reach my place, hin complete sports don finish grin

The dedicated Club Football papers like Chelsea's True Blues, Arsenal Gunners, Forever Red etc also have a large following.

If na regular newspaper, I'll say The Sun followed by Punch, Guardian and then This Day particularly on Wednesdays for Punch and Tuesday and Thursday for Guardian.
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Dereformer(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2011
Tuesday and Thursday Guardian
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by shefgodson: 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
THE NATION seems to ve overtaken THE PUNCH
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by BigMeat2: 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
definetely it's the Complete Sports
just confirm this at your local paper stands
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Kx: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
Complete sports
But the non qualification of the eagles might push the numbers down
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Dgunnerz(m): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
Is this wrong?

Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
Me i think it's "Ironyi" Their yoruba is so sound  grin
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Knight1(m): 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2011
i think punch.
but the none of them is serious
tribune's sold to the sacked pdp guv's in southwest, they have refused to move into the new century
punch is slightly tilted to ACN as thisday is to the national pdp
daily trust is just plain rubbish. people should not pay to read such crap.
the nation is the southern version of daily trust. just sucking up to tinubu and acn and insulting every one pdp
so
, undecided punch may be read most but we really don't have a quality journalism driven national newspaper!
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by gascoign1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
where is tribune?
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by femmy2010(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
Complete sport followed by The punch.
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
punch
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by cbjonstage(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2011
Areosapien:

Definitely ThisDay. Their stories and reports have, for most times, been accurate and unbiased; and the company appears to be a well financially supported one. No be like all those ones wey hunger dey kill, wey go do anything to sell copies, even if it means fabricating stories or resorting to sensationalist headlines. The advantage ThisDay has over those others, is that they are more likely to exhibit a little more restraint when approached with cash from corrupt 'money bags', to publish unverified and bogus stories.
Rarely would you ever see them write garbage like "according to a reliable source, ", "our source tells us, " or "We heard from a source, " which is pretty much the norm with the shameless underfed hacks at The Sun, The Tribune and Osun Defenders grin
The Nigerian Horn tho',  SMH!!!

NICE ONE
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Jencejyde(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
Complete sports!
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Booty4me: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2011
success digest , i swear this is the most widely read business paper ever , try it,
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by lynkyinka(m): 4:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
according to research findings from ALEXA.com, VANGUARD is actually the most widely read website online
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=50pt]nairaland news[/size]
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Sijo01(f): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2011
Vanguard is it 4me. Nation is manageable.

punch & Guardian ar full of advert.
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by omoajiri(m): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2011
1.Complete sports
2. PM news
3. Punch
4.Guardian
5. The Nation
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by juman(m): 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
lynkyinka:

according to research findings from ALEXA.com, VANGUARD is actually the most widely read website online

Hmmm
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by DonChimax(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
VANGABABA with COMPLETE SPORTS.
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by mikron(m): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2011
sports loving fans go for comlete sports.(pls note: most women & men do not read complete sports) But generally i think the SUN & PUNCH are widely read. While applicants go for guardian& the vanguard (cos of the job vacancies adds you find in them)
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by Afam4eva(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
It's between SUN and Punch newspaper.
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by gbanikiti(m): 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2011
abeg na PM NEWS joor! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by REVOLUTNIS: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2011
Punch is the number one Nigerian Newspaper, go for it,
Re: Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? by olawalebabs(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
It depend on what you want to read. If you are PDP bias, thisdays will be your choice. Northern bias, you go for daily trust, igbo bias, the sun will be your best bet, ACN, you find the nation handy. Tribune has totally lost focus and bearing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Access Bank Plc To Close Business By 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Oil Price Inches Towards $70, 44% Above Benchmark / Superior Paints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.