Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive (85598 Views)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / Man Builds House With 14,800 Plastic Bottles In Kaduna (pics) / Man Builds A House For A Poor Widow In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by Adelodunn: 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bambo is a good structural material. the structure will stand strong. This is coming from my experience as a structural engineer

2 Likes

Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by OkwuMajesty: 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
tuzle:
maybe they are mistaking iron for steel

Frank Aboagye Danyansah says research has proven bamboos have higher tensile strength than iron rods making it a suitable choice to be intertwined with concrete for heavy construction projects.

1 Like

Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by OkwuMajesty: 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
Godmademan:
they don't cast concrete on it. Concrete impacts alot of mass on the fragile bamboo core

Bamboo is not fragile oga
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by VULCAN(m): 12:36am On Oct 21, 2023
It's not by making noise.

The fellow said he is a material science engineer.

You have not identified yourself.

Tell us your qualifications to speak on the matter then we can judge who is right and who is wrong.

KosiGee:

You are the one with no insights about what you are saying.

Bamboo have higher tensile strength than iron rods?? You should be arrested for this? Your certificate if you’ve got one need to be withdrawn. The man constructing this building should be banned from building sites.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by pooozeee(m): 1:35am On Oct 21, 2023
Hj

Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by 76Naira(m): 4:00am On Oct 21, 2023
There is some useful information on this topic here.

https://www.sbcmag.info/news/2020/jan/can-structural-bamboo-replace-steel-construction-soon#:~:text=How%20bamboo%20surpasses%20steel%3F,noticeable%20lead%20at%2028%2C000%20pounds.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by Ceejay94: 4:07am On Oct 21, 2023
yarimo:
But everyone is millionaire and billionaire in that side na
Mumu
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by Fryx: 6:27am On Oct 21, 2023
Crenzywilliams:
I hate it when people start giving insights into things they know nothing about. FYI, bamboo have a higher tensile strength than iron rods and it is actually a very good replacement for it. It's very unconventional, agreed, but using bamboo does not affect the integrity of the structure, it actually is a very good alternative. That's coming from a material science engineer, that also took time to do the research before he made this comment.

Go through this research.

Moreover, what do you think will happen when the bamboo began to rot. Do you think it’s cheap prepping the bamboos against rot?

That’s just my primary concern. Other issues where addressed in the following analysis.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1617/s11527-018-1228-6
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by KosiGee(m): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2023
VULCAN:
It's not by making noise.

The fellow said he is a material science engineer.

You have not identified yourself.

Tell us your qualifications to speak on the matter then we can judge who is right and who is wrong.

I sell recharge cards at Ajangbadi. Are you satisfied? Good news for bamboo owners. I heard the minister of science and technology with his colleague the minister of works have said that bamboos would henceforth be used to construct all the flyovers, renovations of airports, hotels, industries and bridges all over Nigeria. Reinforcement bars would be made obsolete.

Real estate and private builders would henceforth use bamboos as substitute to steel reinforcement bars.

I heard builders like Sugimoto and Spyder880 have already started using bamboos exclusively in their projects.

2 Likes

Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by THeUNIFIER: 7:09am On Oct 21, 2023
yarimo:

You and the 200+ fools that liked your comment are ignorant of structural engineering
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by BALLOSKI: 7:09am On Oct 21, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Nice move. Bamboo sticks are very strong and durable. It will last. House na house. After all na pako oyinbo take dey build their house.
dem de use pako to reenforce concrete? Use your head.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by southsouthking(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2023
clinician2x:

Your father sabi wetin be 2 storey, talk more of building one?

Thank you for Mentioning my father.
I won't talk bad about your father though, he doesn't deserve my insult.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by barinedan(m): 7:39am On Oct 21, 2023
People have seen it yet they keep quiet, they forgot to know that they may possibly fall victims when this structure collapses, send this picture to the appropriate authority for immediate actions
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by CoolAmbience(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
Nonsense. There's NO Anambra man that can EVER complain about the cost of building materials. EVERY single Anambra man is a BILLIONAIRE in dollars.

Lol...

Nwannem, come back from that path you are going.

Nahu tawa!
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by BrickDevo: 11:47am On Oct 21, 2023
adecz:

Question is, who approved❓❓
Government don't regulate building constructions in villages
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by stasius: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
You can actually use bamboo in place of rod.
Use Google.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by stasius: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
76Naira:
There is some useful information on this topic here.

https://www.sbcmag.info/news/2020/jan/can-structural-bamboo-replace-steel-construction-soon#:~:text=How%20bamboo%20surpasses%20steel%3F,noticeable%20lead%20at%2028%2C000%20pounds.

God bless you. Some people reason superficially.
No scientific reasoning.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by kabillionaire(m): 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
It's like you guys don't know bamboo sticks, that house if properly packaged will outlive many conventional houses.
Ask the Chinese, let them school you on the use of bamboo for such purposes.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by chysam: 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
The technology that Yorubas have been using since 200 years ago is just now being adopted in Igboland.

All the upstairs in Ibadan before and even after independence na pako deckings

1 Like

Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
KosiGee:

So you depend on google for all these trash you and your mates are vomiting here??
You are all confused.

What do you understand by ‘tensile strength’? Do you know what that means or you just crammed something but have no clue what you crammed.

Go and google the meaning of reinforcement bar(building rods)
What sizes of reinforcement bars are used for columns and beam of a building? Have you ever built a house before? What sort of house? Have you ever been to a construction site?

Compare the tensile strength of bamboo and 8mm or 10mm reinforcement bar.

Do that and come back….

By the way…bamboo tensile strength varies depending on location and area it grows. Bamboo in some swamp in Lagos will have different tensile strength to one found in some forest in Ondo. Do you agree?

Tensile strength…maximum load a material like bamboo or rods will carry before they give way and break.

Compare the tensile strengths and come back.

Btw bamboos have tensile strengths of 50-150MPa
you're the most dumbest individual. I told you it was practicalized in school... what nonsense are u talking? You come.gk Google come dey talk trash
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by prophetfire: 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2023
yarimo:
. You all guys in nairaland are as dumb as fvvcked.
Simple Google search will reveal to you that bamboo is a very durable material for building deckings and casting pillars when it's given a very special treatment.
And you know what? It's even better than iron rods. Yes I said it , better than iron rods for building, provided you treated it.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by Godmademan(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2023
OkwuMajesty:

Bamboo is not fragile oga
Lol, for two storey building? Despite its advantages, I can only adopt it if it's a project I directly monitor. When this mindset of cutting corners is at play, there is a good chance the necessary treatment required to make it water and insect resistant might be evaded by the builders.
Re: Danger! Anambra Man Builds Two-storey Building With Bamboo, Says Iron Expensive by Godsownfc(m): 1:23pm On Jan 24
I heard baboo trees are strong too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Shares Photos Of Dirty House Of A Benin 'Big Boy' She Visited / Who Needs A Dream Home Design / My 4 Bedroom Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.