Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Dangote Flour Anybody? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Flour Anybody? (2229 Views)

Dangote Appoint Daughter As Head Of Tiger Brands Formely Dangote Flour Mills(pic / Tiger Brands To Increase Stake In Dangote Flour To 70% / Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Flour Anybody? by lawuyi(m): 11:14am On Sep 13, 2007
I know there r a lot of savvy investors on nairaland so let's discuss the Dangote Flour offer. Do u think it's a good buy at N15 and what are the prospects for growth. I know a lot of people will say just compare to Dangote Sugar and how well it's done but we have to realize they are 2 different companies. Look at NASCON (another Dangote company) i bought into them pre-IPO at N22 but now it's less than that.

Anyways u guys air your views, so we can all know what to expect.
ANy Stock analysts/brokers in the house
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by Orobert: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2007
@lawuyi, i know Dangote floor offer would be over subscribed. It return in on investment would be high as well. I am looking at with with Warren buffetts spec. One major xtic of good investment can b seen in how often the said goods are used. Floor is an everyday thing(like sugar) hence its consumpion rate is relatively high and considering the market which ve no stirf competition. To me this means more sales which would ultimately translate into profit.
It is a sure deal.

Good luck!
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by enolase(m): 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2007
I tend to agree with Orobert
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by lawuyi(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2007
Orobert, that's a nice point of view. As an essential commodity the product of the company already gives it an edge right. So based on Beffetology, even with mediocre management the company should still do very well.
Excellent conclusion.

Have u read Buffetology by the way?? The book by Warren Buffet's daughter-in-law
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by Orobert: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2007
lawuyi, I ve not seen the book(ve heard alot about it). Do u own one?
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by dodochi42: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2007
Orobert:

lawuyi, I ve not seen the book(ve heard alot about it). Do u own one?

Please am interested in the book.
Like how much is it?
osinkolu@gmail.com
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by lawuyi(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2007
Yeah i have the book but i don't have any idea how much it costs cos i got it from a friend last year. It's an excellent book for people that wanna do long term investment in the stock market.

For those that r outside naija (or those in naija dat buy stuff online) u can try ebay i'm sure u will get one there. IF not a new one you'll probably get a good used copy.
Hope that helps!

Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by bashdecash(m): 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2007
well, am interested in buying 10,000 shares of the stock but my fear is dat, Dangote is no more the company we use to know cos is no more monopolising the market as the government of Baba lipsrsealed allowed him to.

yar'adua's government may not be of help to dangote. what do u think
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by atilla(m): 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2007
I believe that Dangote is a good buy, there are other offers out now but I believe its the best.
The company has a good management team and they shoul dbe able to meet all the forecasts in the prospectus. I believe it wouldnt be as good as Dangote sugar but you will definetely get profit on this offer.

My firm Citi Investment Capital LTD (registered with the Stock exchange and SEC) is one of the receiving agents to the offer. If you wish I can mail you the application form and prospectus or I can visit your office. I hope to hear from Nairaland users.

Please mail me on @citiinvestcap.com

2719620 ext 138

www.citiinvestcap.com
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by husu(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2007
Dangote floor is a good offer.it will be listed on the NSE on 5th dec.And besides the company is 3 in 1,But you are just buying from 25% of dangote shares.But dont compare it with floor mills of Nigeria which are also into cement.
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by atilla(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2007
Closing date is 27th of September.
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by TOLABABE1(f): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2007
Hello, i'm urgently in need of a stockbroker, brokers in the house, please mail me via omomumsy@gmail.com so we can discuss. @atila you have been more than kind, you are not excempted. preferably an experienced one.

looking forward to doing business with you guys.

bless yah all
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by atilla(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2007
Dangote Flour mills has suprisingly extended its offer period. Source : http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=2951

the new closing date will be 10th of October. If you have any enquiries or need to make any purchases let me know
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by MT: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2007
I thought that it was envisaged that it would be over-subscribed. Why the extension again ?, Just wondering. undecided
Re: Dangote Flour Anybody? by esejoanna: 10:11am On Sep 28, 2007
The offer seems very attractive, on the bases of the high demand on the type of products being going to be sold. But the question is? What happened to NASCON and Dangote Sugar? There was much ado about Dagote sugar and the nascon, yet a bearish market has been going on in the market. Where dagote sugar fell from N55 to N30. Also the ceo made a lot noise about Nascon , and we bought it at N22; but as we talk it is dropping as low as N16.
I think the obasango regime is affecting him monopolizing the market.

However, please if you have a strong reason of judgment on the good prospect of this dangote flour doing well soonest (say in the next 5-6 months), please can you back it up with authentic answers.

(1) (Reply)

Lpfo (black Oil) Needed Urgently / Containers For Sale In Port Harcourt / What Do You Know About Fcmb (first City Monument Bank)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.