Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers (463 Views)

Has Anybody Dropshipped To Nigerian Clients Before? Please Narrate Experience / Do Nigerian ISP Give Static IP? Namecheap Cpanel Login Problem / Google Agrees To Pay $11 Million To Owners Of Suspended Adsense Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by landiqa(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
I am asking base on my experience.

During the project the client becomes very responsive but as soon as it gets to payment.

It takes the client ages to pick call

It takes the client several messages from you before he or she response

Excuse will be, I was very busy.

Developer share your payment plans or approach it might help a lot.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by losprince(m): 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
Never work without a deposit and never deliver work until full payment. They all come with the excuse that they've been scammed by other developers, always tell them that their trust issues does not constitute an emergency for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by landiqa(m): 12:42am On Oct 18, 2023
losprince:
Never work without a deposit and never deliver work until full payment. They all come with the excuse that they've been scammed by other developers, always tell them that their trust issues does not constitute an emergency for you.

Thanks for the tips.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by Vawulenceee: 12:49am On Oct 18, 2023
losprince:

Bro it happens un both sides. I've hired more than 10 persons here on NL and after initial payment or full payment excuses start to come up or even not attending to chats anymore.

I'm in serious mess because of these guys now. I've lost over 500k from just hiring people here.

Some will start so well and at the end just stop for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by online4business: 5:49am On Oct 18, 2023
I will not pay a dime to any developer until finished work to my taste.

Instead I go to fivver or Indians... Sorry that's how it works.

Give a nairalander and e o turn story for the god's.

I generally don't outsource anything I've no idea about.

Don't work with poor clients that's the advice I'd give you.

How to know poor clients... Anyone that generally use these words.

I can pay you money no be problem just run.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by YoungCabal: 7:02am On Oct 18, 2023
losprince:
Well said
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by losprince(m): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2023
Vawulenceee:

Bro it happens un both sides. I've hired more than 10 persons here on NL and after initial payment or full payment excuses start to come up or even not attending to chats anymore.

I'm in serious mess because of these guys now. I've lost over 500k from just hiring people here.

Some will start so well and at the end just stop for no reason.
You in particular keep searching for script kiddies and you never have a reasonable budget, you can't be dirt cheap and expect to work with professionals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by landiqa(m): 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
online4business:
I will not pay a dime to any developer until finished work to my taste.

Instead I go to fivver or Indians... Sorry that's how it works.

Give a nairalander and e o turn story for the god's.

I generally don't outsource anything I've no idea about.

Don't work with poor clients that's the advice I'd give you.

How to know poor clients... Anyone that generally use these words.

I can pay you money no be problem just run.

You attract scam developer cos of your rate.

Imagine someone posting a gig of #30k haba na scammer you go attract.

There are better platform that secure both clients and developer actually 2

1. Pangea
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by Vawulenceee: 5:40am On Oct 23, 2023
Who's this one?
losprince:

You in particular keep searching for script kiddies and you never have a reasonable budget, you can't be dirt cheap and expect to work with professionals.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by Truths9ja: 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
losprince:
very true
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by landiqa(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
Truths9ja:
very true

Abi but when you insist on it they compare you.

50 plus and counting isn't child's play but we move while wailer keep wailing.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by Truths9ja: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
landiqa:

Abi but when you insist on it they compare you.

50 plus and counting isn't child's play but we move while wailer keep wailing.
hmm 🤔 the bad part is that the people that do things with integrity, honesty and fear of God in delivering their results of their works are very few. Trust on people have been lost. no more trust again.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by landiqa(m): 2:03am On Oct 25, 2023
Truths9ja:
hmm 🤔 the bad part is that the people that do things with integrity, honesty and fear of God in delivering their results of their works are very few. Trust on people have been lost. no more trust again.

True
Re: Why Do Nigerian Clients Find It Difficult To Pay Developers by Truths9ja: 2:19am On Oct 25, 2023
landiqa:

True
yes soo

(1) (Reply)

Joomla Website Design / Job Vacancy: Abuja Only - Visual Designer Needed / Lets Help Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.