Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 (2283 Views)

UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) / BREAKING: U.S Is Now Visa-free For Ghanaians Without Criminal Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by coldsummer: 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
Wow!

I was booking a flight for my mum and saw this information on British airways' site.

Basically, starting 1 November 2023, Ghanian passport holders don't need visa if you are traveling for a maximum of 90 days.

Good on them!

Can anyone confirm though?

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Kosoco(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Giant of Africa
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by adebayo987: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
coldsummer:
Wow!

I was booking a flight for my mum and saw this information on British airways' site.

Basically, starting 1 November 2023, Ghanian passport holders don't need visa if you are traveling for a maximum of 90 days.

Good on them!

How e take concern Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Artiiclebeast: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
Mosquito of Africa has been ignored yet again.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 1:00am On Oct 18, 2023
Low self esteem Africans CELEBRATING because their colonial masters ALLOWED them to stay in England for 90 days without visa. Indeed, Ghanaians are very foolish things. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Gerrard59(m): 5:50am On Oct 18, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You sure say the policy go last? I recalled South Africans were castigating their governments for being lax on the procurement process of South African passports by foreigners as the reason they lost visa free status to the UK. Not long ago, Namibia lost hers which was for even 180 days. If Namibia with less than 3 million people can lose hers, Ghanaians will likely lose theirs faster considering the economic wahala in the country.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Lungdick: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by cobby14(m): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2023
False. I’m Ghanaian and there’s nothing like that

2 Likes

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by ednut1(m): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2023
🙄

3 Likes

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Bakrabas: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Even with that 95% of the Ghanaians won't still be able to afford it.
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Beverlyjean(f): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2023
Only if APC dint enter power in 2015 ... we would have benefited so much... free visa to UK ...
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by etrange: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
Probably not. A country isn't made visa free in silence. And you don't accidentally see it when booking a flight. It's usually announced so the public will be aware ahead of time. And there is no such announcement anywhere. It's not on the UK visas immigration service website, it is not VFS Global website, it's not on Ghana immigration service website and no Ghanaian I know has mentioned it in person or online. So before you jump into cursing your own country at every opportunity, take some time to investigate the news.

Even if it's true, it's not a surprise that Ghana would get that privilege first. It's a small country with a population of about 35m ans only a small percentage of that population can afford to travel to Europe. So the risk of allowing them a 30 day stay without visa in a foreign country is little compared to Nigeria that could easily overwhelm the host country due to our population.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by ghettochild(m): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Silent giant of Africa...
Make I go get ghana passport ooo
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Sweetvie: 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Not true undecided
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by DyingFetus: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2023
Op you don day ment
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Stone03: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
coldsummer:
Wow!

Good on them!

What of Nija? 😂 😂
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Gerrard59(m): 6:11am On Oct 19, 2023
ednut1:
🙄

I for talk. Before the UK will offer visa free access to Ghana, that of South Africa has to be reinstated, then Namibia. With its economic crises and proximity to Nigeria, Ghana is a high risk country.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Johncables402: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

I for talk. Before the UK will offer visa free access to Ghana, that of South Africa has to be reinstated, then Namibia. With its economic crises and proximity to Nigeria, Ghana is a high risk country.

Foolish talk. Why would the UK be visa free to South Africa and Namibia when those people don't even make them money by travelling there. Nigerians are the biggest travellers in Africa and we are richer than those shittholes and we side with UK with politics unlike the hateful South Africa who side with terrorists and Russia. Nigeria also has historic ties with England not Germany and Netherlands. And we are more hardworking and smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by kkins25(m): 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
etrange:
Probably not. A country isn't made visa free in silence. And you don't accidentally see it when booking a flight. It's usually announced so the public will be aware ahead of time. And there is no such announcement anywhere. It's not on the UK visas immigration service website, it is not VFS Global website, it's not on Ghana immigration service website and no Ghanaian I know has mentioned it in person or online. So before you jump into cursing your own country at every opportunity, take some time to investigate the news.

Even if it's true, it's not a surprise that Ghana would get that privilege first. It's a small country with a population of about 35m ans only a small percentage of that population can afford to travel to Europe. So the risk of allowing them a 30 day stay without visa in a foreign country is little compared to Nigeria that could easily overwhelm the host country due to our population.

Talk like as if that is the only reason. grin grin grin grin You know deep down what it is. grin grin
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by kkins25(m): 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Johncables402:

Foolish talk. Why would the UK be visa free to South Africa and Namibia when those people don't even make them money by travelling there. Nigerians are the biggest travellers in Africa and we are richer than those shittholes and we side with UK with politics unlike the hateful South Africa who side with terrorists and Russia. Nigeria also has historic ties with England not Germany and Netherlands. And we are more hardworking and smart.
they are just finding intelligent ways to belittle Ghana, forgetting that Ghana, two years ago host the "Home return" which was honoured be several powers of the west. We provide a sane environment, where our president doesn't engage in supplying goods through dubious means.
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by etrange: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
kkins25:

Talk like as if that is the only reason. grin grin grin grin You know deep down what it is. grin grin

Lol... I guess you mean crime. I'm not shying away from that reality. What you failed to realize is that my comment already addresses that. There are many risks associated with letting people into your country. Some will commit crime, some will refuse to go, etc. My point is that the general risk is much lower when dealing with a small country with a very small population and even smaller population that can afford to travel. Even if a whole 5% of the entire population of Ghana decides to japa to the UK, they can still bear the consequences, both crime rate and infrastructure wise. On the other hand, even 2% of the Nigerian population alone will overwhelm any country.

So, you're probably right about what you're thinking, but all those possible unwanted outcomes are multiplied by population. So it remains a huge factor.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Johncables402: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
kkins25:

they are just finding intelligent ways to belittle Ghana, forgetting that Ghana, two years ago host the "Home return" which was honoured be several powers of the west. We provide a sane environment, where our president doesn't engage in supplying goods through dubious means.

What nonsense is this ? A Ghanaian throwing shades at Nigeria on a Nigerian forum Wonders shall ever end. Dunce, Ghana is nothing, very poor people who need nigeria money to survive . What sane environment when we give you electricity and aid? What a dunce. Nigeria is not doing good now with APC but don't ever compare us with a backward and poor country like Ghana

2 Likes

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by kkins25(m): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Johncables402:

What nonsense is this ? A Ghanaian throwing shades at Nigeria on a Nigerian forum Wonders shall ever end. Dunce, Ghana is nothing, very poor people who need nigeria money to survive . What sane environment when we give you electricity and aid? What a dunce. Nigeria is not doing good now with APC but don't ever compare us with a backward and poor country like Ghana
bu wa wa wa wa ..... I laugh at your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Gerrard59(m): 12:19am On Oct 20, 2023
Johncables402:

First, you are very stoopid for saying my talk is foolish. In contrast, records show that even after cancelling visa-free access to Nigeria because of Buhari's antics during the '80s, those Southern African countries enjoyed the same privilege until their passport issuance policy became very weak (South Africa) and citizens were overstaying their visa (Namibia). As of last year, Namibians had visa access to the UK for six months. Neighbouring Botswana still enjoys three months visa-free access to the UK. Nigerians might be richer those countries, but offering visa free access to Nigerians when the same people constitute the largest contingent of students with dependants, ten times higher than Chinese - largest set of foreign students in the UK - is risky. No country would do it. BTW, on a global scale, Nigerians are poor YET overpopulated. That is where the problem is - overpopulation yet poor. We are like India. You know the long history the British had/still have with the Indians? Is the UK visa free to Indians?

It has less to do with siding with the politics and more to do with wealth on a GLOBAL SCALE. Nigerians are too poor, overpopulated and sometimes criminal minded if all sundry are allowed with loose requirements. It is why Nigeria is the only country in West Africa apart from Mali that does not enjoy visa free access to Singapore.

Lastly, you said Namibia and South Africa are sh!tholes. This una braggadocio eh. How many ordinary farmers have been butchered in Namibia? Botswana? South Africa?

You don't have sense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Ashirioluwa: 4:34am On Oct 20, 2023
coldsummer:
Wow!

Good on them!

The visa-free information displayed on the British Airways website is not for Ghanaians traveling to the UK.

The visa-free agreement is between Ghana and South Africa.

Effective November 1, 2023, Ghana and South Africa will implement a reciprocal visa waiver agreement for nationals of both countries for business and tourism purposes. Ordinary passport holders will be able to travel between each other's countries for stays up to a cumulative 90 days within a 12-month period.
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by LegacyB: 5:10am On Oct 20, 2023
Johncables402:

I was in Accra recently. Honestly Ghana can’t compete with Nigeria in anything. Except electricity.
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Ashirioluwa: 5:26am On Oct 20, 2023
Botswana
Seychelles
Mauritius

A visa is not required for passport holders of any of these 3 African countries visiting the United Kingdom for a short-term stay of 6 months.

Namibian nationals used to enjoy this privilege too, until it was changed a few months ago. Effective immediately on July 19, 2023, all Namibian passport holders will need a visa before traveling to the UK.
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Johncables402: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2023
LegacyB:

I was in Accra recently. Honestly Ghana can’t compete with Nigeria in anything. Except electricity.

Those envious black skin people are crazy to think Ghana and Nigeria can be compared. Imagine a country so poor yet so expensive for its people to live in. Useless Ghana must go of yesterday trying to rub shoulders with their betters sad

1 Like

Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Johncables402: 6:54am On Oct 20, 2023
kkins25:
bu wa wa wa wa ..... I laugh at your foolishness.

Hungry Ghana shorty,are you here to beg like your ancestors we chased away like slaves ?
Re: UK Is Now Visa-free For Ghanian Starting Nov. 1 Of 2023 by Johncables402: 7:02am On Oct 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

First, you are very stoopid for saying my talk is foolish. In contrast, records show that even after cancelling visa-free access to Nigeria because of Buhari's antics during the '80s, those Southern African countries enjoyed the same privilege until their passport issuance policy became very weak (South Africa) and citizens were overstaying their visa (Namibia). As of last year, Namibians had visa access to the UK for six months. Neighbouring Botswana still enjoys three months visa-free access to the UK. Nigerians might be richer those countries, but offering visa free access to Nigerians when the same people constitute the largest contingent of students with dependants, ten times higher than Chinese - largest set of foreign students in the UK - is risky. No country would do it. BTW, on a global scale, Nigerians are poor YET overpopulated. That is where the problem is - overpopulation yet poor. We are like India. You know the long history the British had/still have with the Indians? Is the UK visa free to Indians?

It has less to do with siding with the politics and more to do with wealth on a GLOBAL SCALE. Nigerians are too poor, overpopulated and sometimes criminal minded if all sundry are allowed with loose requirements. It is why Nigeria is the only country in West Africa apart from Mali that does not enjoy visa free access to Singapore.

Lastly, you said Namibia and South Africa are sh!tholes. This una braggadocio eh. How many ordinary farmers have been butchered in Namibia? Botswana? South Africa?

You don't have sense!

Dunce. You think UK will choose those poor countries over people bringing them money , hardwork and brains? Tell me you're stoopid or you have no working brain . Can these poor Namibuans, Botswana and South Africans afford to pay visa? Even their so called middle class population is swimming in poverty and living in slums but your self-hating useless self wants to compare them to hardworking Nigerians? Some of you dunces don't know your worth or have no confidence in yourselves always praising worthless shittholes who are beneath us. Who cares if there are no farmers killed over there, is hunger not killing them already . If not for APC useless policies that destroyed Nigeria, would useless people like yourself have the effontry to even begin comparing Nigeria with any over used yeye African country?did these useless Southern Africans try their useless discrimination against us during the PDP years? Thunder fire you for this rubbish post.

(1) (Reply)

Getting Earliest Appointment Date For Us Embassy In Abuja / Air Peace Flight Ticket / My Passports Just Expired And I Have Visa Interview In 2weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.