Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) (49128 Views)

Flooding: Lagos Property Owners Build On Drainage Channels Despite Govt Notices / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! / Enugu Residents Kick As Church Built On Waterway Threatens Their Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by BreconHills(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
Revolution2022:
At the beginning of construction,if a building in Lagos is not approved,the Lagos State government officials will stop construction and mark the building with a red paint.If the contractors ignors the warning the building will be demolished.Officials of lagos walk around the state in a daily basis.

So are you saying that these properties are legally built because no one stopped them?

Often, even after buildings are marked and building and finishing continue from within and at weekends. How many officials are in the inspectorate? If perchance a dodgy developer pays bribe to an official to look the other way - this does not grant him legal permission.

Anyone who builds and does not have legal approval will have the house brought down irrespective of how high or wide he/she has built. They can take lasg to court and sue for exceptional and punitive damages.

Good luck to them.

Enough of relativism.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by naptu2: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
For those of that are writing about approval, let me remind you of the tower that collapsed at Gerard Road in 2021. Lagos State Government officials had gone to seal the construction site because of contraventions. The developer used policemen to fight them.

Femi Osibona Arrested In 2020 For Resisting Sealing Ikoyi Building (Throwback
https://www.nairaland.com/6834562/femi-osibona-arrested-2020-resisting

There are people in this country that believe that they can do whatever they want and nothing will stop them. Some believe that they have enough money to wage propaganda war against government.

There is nothing like nobody will build without approval, because the reality is that there is nothing that Nigerians can't do (including building without approval).

1 Like

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Benwallt(m): 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2023
whippersnapper:
The worst place to stay in the world has to be lagos. so inhabitable

Yet you have millions of people living and surviving there. When will you get your head out of your asshole n get the shit therein evacuated?
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by walozanga(m): 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2023
KingAzubuike:
The only lekki we know na lekki phase 1. All this ikota lekki, gedege,ibeju lekki etc na just wannabe.

LOL, my brother lekki na lekki
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by PHIPEX(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
111sunshine:
Apart from demolition, their owners should be taken for psychiatric evaluation to determine what they are suffering from. What manner of anyhowness is this
Anyhowness is exactly what INEC did in Feb. Its same across the country, imagine the owners of these building asking us to go to court
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by UrPapa: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
And they easily pick up their phones and tell you how Lagos state government sent flood to their homes
And how Lagos is overrated
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by creativehubb: 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
These so called big men self their animal sense na wa grin
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by creativehubb: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Revolution2022:
Banana island na ocean wey Lagos State government sandfilled and sold the land at a high price.
You no dey hear English, dem dey talk canal you dey talk of reclaimed land grin
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
naptu2:
Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1714711737318900052

CC Revolution2022
That road you circle with a red marker is a concrete road not a canal
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by AfroKnight: 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
At this point the home owners have no excuse. This is glaring. They built on a canal.

Like!

Are you S U I C I D A L or what? When Lagos floods again, where do they expect the water to go? The builders and owners should be arrested for endangering the lives of other lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by PHAYOL81: 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
No apologies,,those buildings have to go and to add, those drains have to be rebuilt and expanded
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
benuejosh:
Demolish any nonsense.

With the way lagos is beginning get cleaned up, i will advise state governors to start making efforts of accepting and accommodating their indigenes who left their states to crowd Lagos and claim they own Lagos or are developing Lagos. What the Lagos state ministry of environment and water resources is doing is commendable and worth praising. Visit their page on Twitter and you'll be amazed.

Lagos is gaining serious sanity now.

Which dirty clean up and sanity?
Mention the same places abeg
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by naptu2: 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Revolution2022:

1) I didn't circle anything.

2) The person that drew the circle did not say that it was a canal. He was pointing out that the property there was built after the government had warned the residents that they were building on the path of the canal. You can see where the canal was diverted at the bottom of the picture.

1 Like

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by LikeAking: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
Revolution2022:

Built on the canal..
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2023
whippersnapper:

If you have ever lived in New York you will understand better.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2023
whippersnapper:

If you have ever lived in New York you will understand better. Yes New York in the United States of America.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by tolue42(m): 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2023
KingAzubuike:
The only lekki we know na lekki phase 1. All this ikota lekki, gedege,ibeju lekki etc na just wannabe.

The real lekki is ebeju-lekki.

I know you don't know.

The area was known as "ileke" in the past before the arrival of a Portuguese business man.

The name of the Portuguese man who resided at that Ibeju-lekki as at that time was called "Lecqi". But because the locals don't know how to pronounce that "lecqi" very well, they started calling him lekki. I.e we are going to lekki house.

Remember wherever Oyinbo reside, they always make the place look beautiful. So the area became a symbol of beauty, some people now replicated that name in what we call lekki phase 1 today ( which was actually part of Maroko before )

That same lekki at Ibeju was where Awolowo was imprisoned. The prison is still there standing till today.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by opalu: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
That house was not built on any drainage or canal channel. You emotionally excited nonprofessionals will start shouting to high heavens so that the Lagos state Government would demolish the innocent house of an innocent man.

If you see my red line, that is where the canal will pass. The Government was supposed to have done the canal long ago. So that the whole surface water you see on the ground there disturbing those houses will be conveyed into the lagoon.

But since they defaulted as usual and absconded and abdicated their primary responsibility, those innocent people are suffering the flooding of their legitimate compound.

If the owner of this land is here, kindly inform me to do a Flooding Impact Assessment of the area so you could take it to the appropriate Agency of Government to come and do the canal. That house is not blocking the canal channel nor the street drainage at all.

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by tolue42(m): 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2023
opalu:
That house was not built on any drainage or canal channel. You emotionally excited nonprofessionals will start shouting to high heavens so that the Lagos state Government would demolish the innocent house of an innocent man.

If you see my red line, that is where the canal will pass. The Government was supposed to have done the canal long ago. So that the whole surface water you see on the ground there disturbing those houses will be conveyed into the lagoon.

But since they defaulted as usual and absconded and abdicated their primary responsibility, those innocent people are suffering the flooding of their legitimate compound.

If the owner of this land is here, kindly inform me to do a Flooding Impact Assessment of the area so you could take it to the appropriate Agency of Government to come and do the canal. That house is not blocking the canal channel nor the street drainage at all.

Ahhhhhhh why are you deceiving yourself like this

So all this places are not water??

Can't you see water grasses in all this places

1 Share

Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
LikeAking:

Built on the canal..
Where is the canal there?Na bush be that.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
Una dey call a gutter as canal.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2023
naptu2:

1) I didn't circle anything.

2) The person that drew the circle did not say that it was a canal. He was pointing out that the property there was built after the government had warned the residents that they were building on the path of the canal. You can see where the canal was diverted at the bottom of the picture.
If you build house you know go construct gutter beside the house?That is a gutter not a canal.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by KingAzubuike(f): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
tolue42:

The real lekki is ebeju-lekki.

I know you don't know.

The area was known as "ileke" in the past before the arrival of a Portuguese business man.

The name of the Portuguese man who resided at that Ibeju-lekki as at that time was called "Lecqi". But because the locals don't know how to pronounce that "lecqi" very well, they started calling him lekki. I.e we are going to lekki house.

Remember wherever Oyinbo reside, they always make the place look beautiful. So the area became a symbol of beauty, some people now replicated that name in what we call lekki phase 1 today ( which was actually part of Maroko before )

That same lekki at Ibeju was where Awolowo was imprisoned. The prison is still there standing till today.
My brother simple English you don't understand? I'm not saying which is real or fake. What I'm saying is the one everybody know.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by LikeAking: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
Revolution2022:
Where is the canal there?Na bush be that.

Dem don sand fill am..

Use concrete on some sides..
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by LikeAking: 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
Revolution2022:
If you build house you know go construct gutter beside the house?That is a gutter not a canal.

Even the gutter na nonsense..

Dem Sandfielled part of the canal, then build a small gutter on it for them selves..
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by afube: 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
benuejosh:
Demolish any nonsense.

With the way lagos is beginning get cleaned up, i will advise state governors to start making efforts of accepting and accommodating their indigenes who left their states to crowd Lagos and claim they own Lagos or are developing Lagos. What the Lagos state ministry of environment and water resources is doing is commendable and worth praising. Visit their page on Twitter and you'll be amazed.

Lagos is gaining serious sanity now.

mumu man.....woman wrapper in chief! with all your benue agro you ran away to Lagos ,while fulani men turned your wives and babies to suya...........shameless man!
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by opalu: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
tolue42:

Ahhhhhhh why are you deceiving yourself like this

So all this places are not water??

Can't you see water grasses in all this places

So it is water grasses that you use to know where canal or drainage needs to pass? grin grin grin
I am done replying
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by tolue42(m): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
opalu:

So it is water grasses that you use to know where canal or drainage needs to pass? grin grin grin
I am done replying

Are you an engineer?
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by tolue42(m): 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
KingAzubuike:

My brother simple English you don't understand? I'm not saying which is real or fake. What I'm saying is the one everybody know.

You can't use reverse psychology on me. At least you've learned one thing today.
Re: Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) by jaxxy(m): 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
whippersnapper:

its a nice place just very disorganised

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen? / Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria| Co-tenant / Enugu: Three-Storey Building Marked For Demolition Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.