Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? (31442 Views)

BUA Cement Secures $500 Million Facility To Boost Industrialization, Create Jobs / BUA Cement Declares Profit Of ₦95 Billion For Full Year, 2020 / Dangote Cement Plant In Edo And Bua Cement Plant In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Lumarstone: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2023
BUA Cement price reduction was an audio one, it's been sold #5,800 here in Silame LGA SOKOTO STATE.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Tonytonex(m): 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
skyoboy:
I just hope distributors are not buying at #3,500 and re-bagging into other bags to sell at #5,000.

The cement is almost not available now.
if they do that, posterity will judge them.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Tonytonex(m): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nice2023:
I told my engineer this morning that he should go and look for BUA Cement for me as soon as possible,he started laughing at me.
why was he laughing?
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by silento(m): 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nnewi anambra state 6k

1 Like

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Govocrete: 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
There distributors that have over 50 to 100 trucks at the factory when prices were dropped. They need to take delivery and sell before the new price can reflect.

We all know that Nigerian a quick to adjust price upward when there's imprice increase but very slow in reducing prices when price decrease.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by pocom35: 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
Diligence:
IBETO knows how to crash cement prices. Before you know it, Dangote & Co will be complaining that IBETO is a threat to his business.

To hell with monopoly that's fleecing the masses even after getting forex from Govt/CBN at ridiculous rates

If Tinubu's gar the polwill, he should bring back IBETO Cement & watch how Dangote & Co will be forced to bring down their prices, too.

This is the kind competition that will destroy monopoly.
Yen yen.. Ibeto that doesn't even have a plant... People sef
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by pocom35: 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
BUA CEO..Abdulsalam RABIU and his business Empire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkV1ImOcojc
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Ndoki85(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
santakris:
BUA recently approved selling their product at 3,500. Everyone was happy and we were waiting for retailers to reflect the new price. But I discovered that the retailers are yet to reflect the new price and they are still selling it at old price. Cement is still 5,200 in Ilorin, Kwara State.

How much is BUA Cement in your area?5700, Amassoma Bayelsa state

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Lawrencedlaw: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
5k here ojodu Berger

1 Like

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Luu40: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2023
Before the price reduction, it sold for 4300,4200,4400 in my place Argungu, Kebbi State. Now it sells for 4,000 to 4,100. Though I was told there's one particular shop it sells at 3,800.

My town is Argungu, Kebbi State, some 100km from their production site in Sokoto

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Katier00(f): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2023
rajiedreez:
smiley Dangote, lafarge and cement distributors are the ones frustrating the efforts. I've had that people are already buying BUA for #3,700 in Iwo town and other places where BUA is popular before now.

But distributors in places like Lagos and Ibadan aren't buying the BUA cement because there's no incentive for them on it. A trucker told me that for every 7 trucks of dangote cement a distributor but, dangote will give them 1 additional trick free of charge. So they choose to remain with dangote for their own gain and also if they meet a certain target in a year they'd be given a brand new Truck for their business
greatest lie of the century. 7trucks and 1 free?
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by jojothaiv(m): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
forgiveness:
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
Exactly...
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Bullet01(f): 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
essienisrael5:

U mean the price is 5500 at Trinidad and Tobago?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by hansomb: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
forgiveness:
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
EXACTLY. Infact add the middle class and lower class to it.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by rajiedreez: 4:37pm On Oct 20, 2023
Katier00:
greatest lie of the century. 7trucks and 1 free?

It was a cement truck driver that told me so. But I know they give major distributors brand new truck if they meet a certain target in a year. I've seen someone that got it
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by justlykdat: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bua cement price deduction was from the factory, Before from the factory it was 4200 and now its 3500. Please get this straight. It is the Distributors that will reduce the price to those selling it.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Ekpenuwa(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

Will he get his licence back??

Guyman House nor cheap for BINI oo maybe na moulds house you rent normally house here na between #800,000K to #1,2M for sapele Road Ugbowo after Uniben main gate...

1 Like

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ekpenuwa:

Guyman House nor cheap for BINI oo maybe na moulds house you rent normally house here na between #800,000K to #1,2M for sapele Road Ugbowo after Uniben main gate...
Bro it's cheap compared to Asaba... I get people for that side
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by SuccessfulRichi: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
silvoclaira:
Here, price like 5000 Lagos but we nor even see BUA cement again after the price reduction.

Sellers are hoarding and repackaging it and selling to only desperate buyers, just like they do with local rice foreign sac bags smiley

The only reason am saving money to leave this country. Japa and meet honest ppl live a good life. Nigerians are purely wicked. They are the gentiles that sold their brothers and sisters for absolutely nothi

1 Like

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by santakris(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2023
Paramount01:

3850 in my area
Where is this please?
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by thatigboman: 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Port443:
Let it be price hike and watch it reflect in the remotest area within 2 seconds.
like May 29 "subsidy is removed" people were still watching the inauguration when petrol stations increased fuel price

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Gucciswaz: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
frankmoney:
Retailers will claim they haven't sold old stock ...
But once price increase them go forget say na old stock increase their own
that is a typical Nigerian business man/woman
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Gucciswaz: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Blitzking:
If na u shey u go sell after u Don already stock warehouse with cement purchased weeks before price review if na u shey u go sell..no nah..until dey offload this one's and return to plant to restock
but if nah increment u no wait for a sec to reflect the new price,u no go remember again see nah at a lower rate weh u buy ur old stock..
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Gucciswaz: 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
obembet:

Prize can never change. Many of you don't really understand business.

U borrow Millions in bank to stock your shop with cement at rate of 5200 from factory. And the factory make public announcement that cement wil be 3500 in 10 days time. Do u think the person that borrowed money in bank will see any buyers? No. Every buyer wil wait for new price while factory main customers will become a big losers. So don't keep hope and fake miracle.
but do dy do the same when price increases?
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by mamaafrik(m): 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
Menclothing:
3800 igando Lagos
But it’s scarce this week

ABEG WHICH SIDE FOR IGANDO??
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by SeunOsewaIsDiot: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2023
This is our last hope here in the South East,

1 Like

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by PaulH07: 11:20pm On Oct 20, 2023
santakris:
Can we then say the announcement is fake and BUA has not reduced anything?

Marketing strategy grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by bigboa: 6:07am On Oct 21, 2023
rajiedreez:
smiley Dangote, lafarge and cement distributors are the ones frustrating the efforts. I've had that people are already buying BUA for #3,700 in Iwo town and other places where BUA is popular before now.

But distributors in places like Lagos and Ibadan aren't buying the BUA cement because there's no incentive for them on it. A trucker told me that for every 7 trucks of dangote cement a distributor but, dangote will give them 1 additional trick free of charge. So they choose to remain with dangote for their own gain and also if they meet a certain target in a year they'd be given a brand new Truck for their business

Sir, you are in error. As has been stated by @saintinoo :
"The prob problem is from you op, BUA did not and has no power to fix it produce retail price. They said that the ex factory price is #3500, not the retail price. Now the question you should as is, what was the ex factory price before the reduction. #3600, #3800, #4000, then it is insignificant."

BUA only reduced the price for self-collect not direct delivery because the route to the Okpella plant is very bad. Even this strategy was not aimed at lowering the market price (which is already optimized by demand/supply) but to encourage third party hauliers come move his product.

I would like to restate: no manufacturer has the direct influence to lower cement price because market dynamics will just raise it up... Lower a bit and supply will fall thereby raising prices higher. This is partly why Umahi's insistence on concrete roads as a standard is a bad idea: sumtin wey neva reach builders use, dem wan share wiv road makers... Double wahala.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Blitzking: 6:27am On Oct 21, 2023
Gucciswaz:
but if nah increment u no wait for a sec to reflect the new price,u no go remember again see nah at a lower rate weh u buy ur old stock..
I dey tell u..make person no enter onechance..na till dey wan buy dem go confirm...make business no collapse based on hear say
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by obembet(f): 6:31am On Oct 21, 2023
Gucciswaz:
but do dy do the same when price increases?

Business men see it as profits and gain, no business owners pray to lose. Look at fuel station in Nigeria, whenever they hear any rumours about government maybe about increase of price, almost 95% of them wil lock up Thier stations while the few that are selling will increase Thier price before government increase it.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by etzvictor: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2023
cedricksly:
una go just open mouth dey lie useless lie. For same edo state when bua production plant dey abi?? Simply say u never see BUA cement not this senseless lie you are telling.

And what do I stand to gain from lying?

Bua. cement is still selling for 5,700 @ Ogheghe community in Unhunmwode LGA.
Re: How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? by Geekop: 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lawrencedlaw:
5k here ojodu Berger

Please is it still available?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes / Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / Naira Depreciates Against Major Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.