Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo (1287 Views)

Titus Badejo 'Eja Nla' Shot Dead In Ibadan (Photo) / Heavy Storm Brews For Maureen Badejo As An Austria Court Prepares Judgement / Precious Maureen Ewuru Murder: Boyfriend Who Strangled Her In A Hotel Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by Triton1996(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
Recall that Maureen Badejo was slammed with a punitive damages in the sum of £100,000.00 by the UK court for defaming Dr Daniel Olukoya, the General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) and his wife Pastor Mrs Folashade Olukoya.

Unfortunately for Maureen Badejo, she has not been able to pay a dime out of the damages to the Olukoyas since the court gave the verdict in 2021. Her failed attempt to appeal the said judgment which appeal court described as pointless and hopeless only complicated her case as interests in the judgment sum kept mounting which has now left the lawyer to the Olukoyas with no option than to file for Bankruptcy against her.

At the resumed hearing of the Bankcourt application today, Maureen Badejo claimed not to have received the legal papers for her bankruptcy petition even though same had been served on her and evidence was presented that she had been served. The court has however in its magnanimity given her one last reprieve and ordered a hearing be fixed for the first open date after 14 days.

Maureen Badejo has now offered Dr Daniel Olukoya £1000.00 per month. She is basically saying she needs 100 months (about 9 years) to pay her damages to the Olukoya’s.

The offer was without hesitation rejected by the lawyers to the Olukoyas as wholly unsatisfactory.

By Femi Oyewale

1 Share

Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by Resurgent2016: 7:01am On Oct 20, 2023
Triton1996:

Recall that Maureen Badejo was slammed with a punitive damages in the sum of £100,000.00 by the UK court for defaming Dr Daniel Olukoya, the General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) and his wife Pastor Mrs Folashade Olukoya.

Unfortunately for Maureen Badejo, she has not been able to pay a dime out of the damages to the Olukoyas since the court gave the verdict in 2021. Her failed attempt to appeal the said judgment which appeal court described as pointless and hopeless only complicated her case as interests in the judgment sum kept mounting which has now left the lawyer to the Olukoyas with no option than to file for Bankruptcy against her.

At the resumed hearing of the Bankcourt application today, Maureen Badejo claimed not to have received the legal papers for her bankruptcy petition even though same had been served on her and evidence was presented that she had been served. The court has however in its magnanimity given her one last reprieve and ordered a hearing be fixed for the first open date after 14 days.

Maureen Badejo has now offered Dr Daniel Olukoya £1000.00 per month. She is basically saying she needs 100 months (about 9 years) to pay her damages to the Olukoya’s.

The offer was without hesitation rejected by the lawyers to the Olukoyas as wholly unsatisfactory.

By Femi Oyewale

After preaching forgiveness to others, baba chose vengeance grin

1 Like

Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by Sportsolutions: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2023
Lmao
Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by pstemma1990: 8:08am On Oct 20, 2023
Resurgent2016:

After preaching forgiveness to others, baba chose vengeance grin
it was the wowan that looked for trouble, if u forgive her just like that, tomorrow another person would come up to say another rubuish..

If u know how many carriers that has been brought down by such evil women...

Look at what happened to Green wood of man united and mendy of man city.. Even after the court freed them, thier clubs said that they want them again...

If she's not ready to pay, let her go to prison.
Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by emmanuelbrown26: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2023
She tink say na Nigerian politics where Yoruba go use propaganda dey go.
Her Yoruba propaganda and blackmail no work, na she go pay for damages dis time around
Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by Resurgent2016: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2023
pstemma1990:
it was the wowan that looked for trouble, if u forgive her just like that, tomorrow another person would come up to say another rubuish..

If u know how many carriers that has been brought down by such evil women...

Look at what happened to Green wood of man united and mendy of man city.. Even after the court freed them, thier clubs said that they want them again...

If she's not ready to pay, let her go to prison.

Mat 18:21-23...

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times! 23Because of this, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.…

but who am I to advise a pastor

On a side note these pastor and imans are one of the problems Nigeria has

2 Likes

Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by pstemma1990: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2023
Resurgent2016:

Mat 18:21-23...

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times! 23Because of this, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.…

but who am I to advise a pastor

On a side note these pastor and imans are one of the problems Nigeria has
U are entitled to ur opinion, so am I, that's why I pointed out few examples to u...

The pastor was on his own minding his bussiness, the woman accused him of what he never did.. Now the court of law found the accuser guilty.. My brother let the law take its course on her....

Look out what happened Mendy, he missed world cup, missed champions League missed treble, went to jail, lost his contract, can't get a new one all because of a false accusation..

I u want him to forgive like that.. She should be used to set an example..

1 Like

Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by Resurgent2016: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2023
pstemma1990:
U are entitled to ur opinion, so am I, that's why I pointed out few examples to u...

The pastor was on his own minding his bussiness, the woman accused him of what he never did.. Now the court of law found the accuser guilty.. My brother let the law take its course on her....

Look out what happened Mendy, he missed world cup, missed champions League missed treble, went to jail, lost his contract, can't get a new one all because of a false accusation..

The man who cannot practice what the bible preaches is not worthy to be a pastor or preach to others on how to conduct themselves.

I have nothing to add further, take it or leave it

2 Likes

Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by timothy2396(m): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
pstemma1990:

Ogbeni the pastor is wrong... After the Jews beat JESUS and made him pass through all manner of shameful acts and still later nailed him on the cross of Calvary, JESUS still prayed and told GOD to forgive them for they didn't know what they were doing talk more of this case... Ask yourself, if TB Joshua was alive and this kinda thing happened to him, would he have done such? Me and you know he wouldn't... Mountain of fire wey the pray for thier enemies to die by fire in as much as JESUS never taught such kinda hatred towards an enemy...
Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by pstemma1990: 2:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
timothy2396:

Ogbeni the pastor is wrong... After the Jews beat JESUS and made him pass through all manner of shameful acts and still later nailed him on the cross of Calvary, JESUS still prayed and told GOD to forgive them for they didn't know what they were doing talk more of this case... Ask yourself, if TB Joshua was alive and this kinda thing happened to him, would he have done such? Me and you know he wouldn't... Mountain of fire wey the pray for thier enemies to die by fire in as much as JESUS never taught such kinda hatred towards an enemy...
just answer this simple question, if u are in the position of Edward mendy, would u just let everything go just because u are a Christian?..

Secondly u didn't follow this case up, the pastor asked the woman to apologize, but she refused.... Even God himself doesn't forgive till u ask for the forgiveness
Re: Bankruptcy Looms For Maureen Badejo by Resurgent2016: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
pstemma1990:
just answer this simple question, if u are in the position of Edward mendy, would u just let everything go just because u are a Christian?..

Secondly u didn't follow this case up, the pastor asked the woman to apologize, but she refused.... Even God himself doesn't forgive till u ask for the forgiveness

guy you must be a yahoo-yahoo pastor.

When Jesus said "Lord forgive them for they know what they do...." to the same people killing him, did they beg him for forgiveness first?

If you want us to use Mendy or Ronaldo as our case study, that is fine, but then it confirms the pastor is a hypocrite, preaching what he does not do.

Matthew 23:1-5

A Warning Against Hypocrisy

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Conduct DNA Test For My Son / Video:How Police Watch As Hoodlums Destroy Properties Millions Of Naira In Gboko / 9ja Medical Student Acquitted Of Rape In Uk After 7months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.