Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery (266 Views)

Falz’s Knee Surgery At 33 Makes Me Rethink Tinubu’s Mobility Issues – Reno O / One Thing I Did To Clear My Severe Pimples( Pics& Video) / ACL Reconstruction Surgery Cost In Thane (2) (3) (4)

Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery by muhamadnur: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
it's day 26 now there is still swelling at the back of the kneecap,

and pain just little above were the graft was taking,

and fever for the last two weeks which i treat my self and it comes back in few days

Pls doctors in the house should i Begin physical therapy again because I started therapy week 2,

but an incident happened which lead to the swelling a rug was rolled up and kept at one side of my room which unfortunately tried to fall on my extended leg and I forcefully grabbed it away avoiding it falling on my injured knee,

a sharp pain and shock like sensation from the kneecap, then swelling I've rested to two days now,

no moving around I use my crutches and the swelling is going at a very very small level
So my questions are

1) me resting for 2/3 days will that affect the knee coz I do no physical therapy and it's week 3 going to 4

2) should I use balms and ointment on the knee to reduce stiffness and swelling

My next follow is on Thursday I'm dying to have answers

So for the lengthy write-up and typos

Like this na fever dey disturb me
Re: Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery by Bintabisiriyu2: 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2023
Are u serious? Baba abeg run go back go meet your doctor explain give am.
No carry ur knee play especially that swelling it doesn't look good.
Part of the therapy and recovery process would be resting and avoiding any stress on the leg at all.

Please go back to your doc mek dem no go cut your leg or make you begin dey limp on that leg

Re: Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery by oxygenator: 4:17am On Oct 22, 2023
muhamadnur:
it's day 26 now there is still swelling at the back of the kneecap,

and pain just little above were the graft was taking,

and fever for the last two weeks which i treat my self and it comes back in few days

Pls doctors in the house should i Begin physical therapy again because I started therapy week 2,

but an incident happened which lead to the swelling a rug was rolled up and kept at one side of my room which unfortunately tried to fall on my extended leg and I forcefully grabbed it away avoiding it falling on my injured knee,

a sharp pain and shock like sensation from the kneecap, then swelling I've rested to two days now,

no moving around I use my crutches and the swelling is going at a very very small level
So my questions are

1) me resting for 2/3 days will that affect the knee coz I do no physical therapy and it's week 3 going to 4

2) should I use balms and ointment on the knee to reduce stiffness and swelling

My next follow is on Thursday I'm dying to have answers

So for the lengthy write-up and typos

Like this na fever dey disturb me

Only a hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot can reduce a 3months delay to 1 month.
Sorry.

Re: Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery by muhamadnur: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2023
oxygenator:

Only a hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot can reduce a 3months delay to 1 month.
Sorry.
sir I hope they have in federal teaching hospitals,

Coz I am doing my therapy at UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI TEACHING HOSPITAL
Re: Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery by muhamadnur: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
Are u serious? Baba abeg run go back go meet your doctor explain give am.
No carry ur knee play especially that swelling it doesn't look good.
Part of the therapy and recovery process would be resting and avoiding any stress on the leg at all.

Please go back to your doc mek dem no go cut your leg or make you begin dey limp on that leg
grin as you said RUN to your doctor that's what I did I ran call the man and narrated everything he told to use crepe bandage and be taking pain killers it will go down with time,

I had the surgery at national orthopedic hospital dala kano, but I am in MAIDUGURI now doing therapy at UMTH,

So Thanks for your advice Ma,

To cut this leg or walk with a limp, you scared the hell out of me grin
Re: Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery by oxygenator: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2023
muhamadnur:
sir I hope they have in federal teaching hospitals,

Coz I am doing my therapy at UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI TEACHING HOSPITAL

There have not been any functional HBOT centre in the land except in PH.

Our HBOT facility will reopen in November, 2023 since we are already on vacation.

HBOT is what the world class footballers use when their ligaments are torn or damaged.

Hope you will not attempt to massage a surgically repaired ligament.
Re: Please Help I Did Acl Knee Surgery by DrinkWater10: 3:51am On Apr 17
Please how much was the surgery ?

Read This Before You Use Carotone Cream / Best Cleaning And Fumigation Services / Bed Bugs Eradication Services