Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ (12031 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / PART 1: NIGERIAN OIL INDUSTRY AND FUEL SUBSIDY: FACTS, MYTHS & HIDDEN TRUTH / Fed Govt To Remove Fuel Subsidy By New Year —aganga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by renewnaija(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
Beaf u keep making a fool of yourself in every thread you make a comment on. You have really sold your soul to the devil in a bid for a fledgling career in sycophancy.

Do you even read or you have a translator? Did you read your earlier post in response to Mbulela before typing it?

Have the last laugh & shoo away. You are a waste of time, space & intellect.
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by marvix(m): 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2011
@renewnaija what I was saying is dat if simon kolawoles post is anything to go by Goodluck cld be getting as much as N5per litre per day of d subsidy and yet he is kicking against the same subsidy, now if there are people who have been makin 50kper litre per day within d NNPC and Min of Finance and cabals in d importation racket making btw N2/l/d and N5/l/d in d past 3yrs 4 doing nothing do u have any idea how powerful they wld hav become as a grp, what will it cost them to pay each member in dat house N45m to ensure that subsidy is not removed what will it cost them 2 sponsor activists who think they are fighting for the masses interests, Nigerians shld pls open their eyes and ears and tread with caution!!!
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by Beaf: 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
marvix:

@renewnaija what I was saying is dat if simon kolawoles post is anything to go by Goodluck cld be getting as much as N5per litre per day of d subsidy and yet he is kicking against the same subsidy, now if there are people who have been makin 50kper litre per day within d NNPC and Min of Finance and cabals in d importation racket making btw N2/l/d and N5/l/d in d past 3yrs 4 doing nothing do u have any idea how powerful they wld hav become as a grp, what will it cost them to pay each member in dat house N45m to ensure that subsidy is not removed what will it cost them 2 sponsor activists who think they are fighting for the masses interests, Nigerians shld pls open their eyes and ears and tread with caution!!!

The arrow couldn't have been shot straighter.

It is worrying that many choose to listen to emotional statements rather employ logic that the Good Lord has blessed each and every one of us with. These folk do not realise that they are becoming the army for a powerful cabal that the govt would struggle to match Naira for Naira. Our revolutionaries are refusing to be freed and fighting unwitting battles to remain prisoners to the same old owners of Nigeria.
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by renewnaija(m): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2011
@marvix
Dude i completely understand your point.

This also implies that GEJ has two options to loot:
1. His normal subsidy cut
2. Fed Govt Funds which he will now have access to if the subsidy is removed

I have nothing personal against him but as a Nigerian, I have heard promises since you & I were born that never materialised. Same set of people in power since I was born, same tactics, same promises, same outcome. And they say fresh air?

Do you then want to entrust more funds to these gangs who rule the country? Hmmm.

Subsidy removal will work but not with this bunch of fraudsters in power. We need a cleansing from the top down which only God can carry out cos the rot has eaten deep.
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by renewnaija(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
And I will continue to ask, what will the Govt do about the ripple inflation that will follow? I hope you know that minimum wage will become useless.

A lot of people here may not be affected cos they live abroad. Dont we have relatives who will feel the pang?

No GEJ supporter has critically analysed the benefits of the subsidy removal for all to understand cos they cannot fully defend it either at this time. What infrastructure do we have to back it up?

We can write a book on why the subsidy cannot be removed at this time. Only the sycophants are chanting GEJ's mantra. And someone had the guts to say that he is still waiting for the full story. Let them keep waiting. Excuses come out when there is no intellectual defence.
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by marvix(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
@renewnaija trusting this govt is a gamble we have to take. We won't say that because some who went to school are jobless we won't go to school and I feel its very unfair to say that this govt is same as previous govts of this country. Let's take a closer look all past govts that promised were military and semi militaery govt and those govts were not popular govts, Ibb did not win an election and never listened or responded to our cries, Abacha was a despot no need to explain that, Abdulsalam despite been a military leader was a malevolent one who promised us a democratic govt and wen d time was right he gave us, then Obj who was a civilian president but does not even listen to his advisers did not rely on our support to win elections, Yaradua who wanted our support but we did not give him but he was a democratic president with d interst of nigeria at heart, then GEJ who bcame president because we protested who declared his intention to us on facebook before informing his ministers and his political party, the president who posts on facebook and we can insult and tell him to his face that he has failed and if we protest on social media its enuf 2 get him to reverse his proposal. I want to believe in dis govt cos we don't have anoda govt and I would not ask that we keep making d cabal stronger just to stop the president from eating cos head or tail a president who is interested in looting does not need to remove subsidy!!!
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by Beaf: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
18 months ago, Nigerians were queueing up and paying well over a hundred Naira per litre, that has now been conveniently forgotten.
The economy did not collapse then and at that time there were no palliatives, just hardship. We are always quick to forget.

What we should bother ourselves about is the mechanism by which those palliatives would be delivered to ensure that the whole process is transparent and the man on the street is not double-crossed by any interests or any power.
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by renewnaija(m): 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
@ marvix.

Let us draw parallels.

1. Are his cabinet & advisers different from the ones we have had before? Even the new ones, are they acting independently or answering to the godfathers? Same recycled cliques, very few newbies. If he cannot stop this cabal which controls the govt, what makes you think he can battle them on another front with the subsidy removal? It is their playing field remember, not his.

2. Look at the size of this dude's cabinet. Does it look like a lean govt to you? Do you know how much savings we as a nation will make if he cuts down on  the Special Advisers to his Special Advisers? How different is his cabinet size from the others you mentioned?

3. We keep talking about corruption. How many well known govt crooks are walking free or chilling with their zillions? Isnt it the same EFCC being used as a political tool? I am not a fan of Buhari but we need a fearless man like that who does care whose ox is gored.

In other words, its same s-h-i-t, different toilet. Like I said, there is more that meets the eye. He may be planning something massively fishy. First, 6yr single term, now subsidy removal. What next?

I dont believe he is a retardeen (like Dayokanu always calls him) but do you put the cart before the horse? I still ask for the umpteenth time:
What will the Govt do about the ripple inflation that will follow?

There are more pressing issues that we should be looking at. Fuel subsidy should come last. The Govt can and should pay it. Even if its the only thing they grudgingly give the average Nigerian. You do not raise his wage & stab him in the back. Thats the height of a lack of empathy.
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by marvix(m): 5:10am On Oct 28, 2011
Renewnaija let's look @ ur parallels, is his cabinet diff from others I dare 2 say yes cos I will ask u were is Abba Ruma, Mansur Muktar and those who held sway wen Yaradua was president? There is a new clique of kitchen cabinet and includes names like Iweala,Aganga and Diezani and this people can be different if given the chance and like I said its a gamble we have to take or we can simply ask the more corrupt NASS to begin impeachment proceeding of the man we actually voted for.

I don't kno if u are here in Nigeria or not but do ur research properly no minister 2day has more than 2 aides that the FG is responsible for, Jonathan called his ministers and nearly sacked some wen it came to his knowledge that some of them had up to 10 aides, Yaradua had reduced the allowances and salary of himself and aides in the executive wen he was alive, we don't need to make our leaders paupers b4 d country gets better.

Did u listen to Diezani @ all she said no one can actually state when d subsidy removal will start but every stakeholder is been consulted including Labour, it simply means if Labour remains adamant the subsidy will remain, I kno dat subsidy is not sustainable and if we kip insisting on subsidy one day we will find out that d total budget has been used 2 provide subsidy for petroleum products.

Are u in any way saying we can't have inflation even if d subsidy is retained?
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
I think it is important to realize that Nigeria is not the only country that has had to deal with this subsidy issue.

Check out the following link, Indonesia and Malaysia had to deal with this issue six years ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4200100.stm

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/GC10Ae04.html
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by Kx: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
HNosegbe:

I think it is important to realize that Nigeria is not the only country that has had to deal with this subsidy issue.

Check out the following link, Indonesia and Malaysia had to deal with this issue six years ago.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/GC10Ae04.html
Are indonesia and malaysia oil producing nations?
Re: Failure To Remove Fuel Subsidy Will Lead To Economy Collapse – GEJ by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

Are indonesia and malaysia oil producing nations?

Yes they are. Check them out at Wikipedia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Indonesia Seeks More Crude Oil From Nigeria / Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant / Ten Banks Pay 143 Directors N7.6bn In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.