Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? (5386 Views)

How Will You Celebrate Birthday With One Thousand Naira / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / Traditional, Church Or Registry: The Right Date For Marriage Anniversary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by amdman: 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2011
It was 365 days yesterday since that day I took a stroll down the aisle, stood beside this angel and took my vows, and I daresay that the days have just been beautiful. As against all the old wives' tales that marriage is not a rosy street, mine has been better than rosy and I trace it all to marrying the right person. And indeed, when a woman is this good, nothing you do to appreciate her can ever be too much.

So how did we celebrate it?

She woke up to find on her make-up table a lovely card, some sweet-smelling perfume, chocolates and a cheque for XXXXX amount (that made her go WOW!!!!). Went to church for a lovely time of fellowship and in the evening went to the Cinemas and a late dinner somewhere. Then retired home for one more movie and a night of seasoned *********

By and large, it was a lovely day and could have been better of course; but thats how it went.
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
//
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2011
amdman:

It was 365 days yesterday since that day I took a stroll down the aisle, stood beside this angel and took my vows, and I daresay that the days have just been beautiful. As against all the old wives' tales that marriage is not a rosy street, mine has been better than rosy and I trace it all to marrying the right person. And indeed, when a woman is this good, nothing you do to appreciate her can ever be too much.

So how did we celebrate it?

She woke up to find on her make-up table a lovely card, some sweet-smelling perfume, chocolates and a cheque for XXXXX amount (that made her go WOW!!!!). Went to church for a lovely time of fellowship and in the evening went to the Cinemas and a late dinner somewhere. Then retired home for one more movie and a night of seasoned *********

By and large, it was a lovely day and could have been better of course; but thats how it went.

u grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Jarus(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2011
Learning
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by highland(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2011
still hoping for marriage.
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by r231(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2011
Not a year yet grin grin grin

but will definitely get some ideas from here doh

since its coming up soon
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Jencejyde(m): 11:55am On Oct 25, 2011
Woke up late, played Pro Evolution soccer all day(had food stocked up all over the crib), and when we were tired, entered the palace of dreams and the rest they say was, wink
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by yomz1e(m): 11:56am On Oct 25, 2011
Clearly some1 has been watching too much nollywood and hollywood! no creativity or ingenuity at all. The same old trial and tested method! Also placed monetary value on the event, by giving a cheque of unknown amount which made her go bonkers!  A romantic getaway to some paradise island gives you time to reconnect and rekindle your love. There you will be pampered and all your needs taking care off, all you have to worry about is  the birds and the bees!  wink But i guess  its the thoughts that matters!

if you can't travel abroad because of restrictions you can go to some african national tourist areas. which we need to promote
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Pennywise(m): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^^
If u take time to look away from your miserable existence you will find that there are people who are actually living the life.
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by 27naira(m): 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2011
Jencejyde:

Woke up late, played Pro Evolution soccer all day(had food stocked up all over the crib), and when we were tired, entered the palace of dreams and the rest they say was, wink

Correct man!

who flogged who? i bet you just allowed her to score grin
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by abhosts(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
Cute! A Breath of Fresh Air for those of us getting married soon.
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
We both forgot and someone called me to congratulate me, then I pretended like I remembered and made him feel guilty for a bit. We made it up to each other, him to me for forgetting and I to him for the guilt trip grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by favouredjb(f): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2011
yomz1e:

Clearly some1 has been watching too much nollywood and hollywood! no creativity or ingenuity at all. The same old trial and tested method! Also placed monetary value on the event, by giving a cheque of unknown amount which made her go bonkers!  A romantic getaway to some paradise island gives you time to reconnect and rekindle your love. There you will be pampered and all your needs taking care off, all you have to worry about is  the birds and the bees!  wink But i guess  its the thoughts that matters!

if you can't travel abroad because of restrictions you can go to some  african national tourist areas. which we need to promote

if u have nothing nice to say then keep quiet,is that too much to ask?

take not of the bolded part
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by favouredjb(f): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
note*
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
favouredjb:

note*

commom!! go and marry,

ur mate dey marry, u dey here dey note!!
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by omega25red(m): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
poster

that was really nice of you. Now you have started something you have to either keep up or out do every year. i hope you have more ideas for the next 20-30 years grin
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Babasessy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
pix

Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Andrew3(m): 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
viewing thread}}}}}}}}}}}}}grabbing some reasonable points for future use }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}saved.

insteresting. cool
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by micklplus(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hmmm
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by gascoign1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
wen i reach dat bridge i go cross am
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by yodiyokun(f): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
Vomitting, spitting and moving around like swegbe with 3 months preggie, and my husband thinking God, I'll never do this again!
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by amdman: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
yomz1e:

Clearly some1 has been watching too much nollywood and hollywood! no creativity or ingenuity at all. The same old trial and tested method! Also placed monetary value on the event, by giving a cheque of unknown amount which made her go bonkers!  A romantic getaway to some paradise island gives you time to reconnect and rekindle your love. There you will be pampered and all your needs taking care off, all you have to worry about is  the birds and the bees!  wink But i guess  its the thoughts that matters!

if you can't travel abroad because of restrictions you can go to some african national tourist areas. which we need to promote

I dont know whats 'Nollywoody' about this, but I do know what every great man knows - that women should be appreciated and pampered, more so when she is a great wife. Its a tried and tested method that always brings out the best in them and if throwing some cash into the pot will gladden her even more, then do it!
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by deols(f): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2011
nice topic
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by ng4am(f): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2011
Still looking forward to mine. Nice topic
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by chidike(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
omega25red:

poster

that was really nice of you. Now you have started something you have to either keep up or out do every year. i hope you have more ideas for the next 20-30 years  grin

Not necessarily, if she love him, she'll understand when he doesn't outdo himself.

yodiyokun:

Vomitting, spitting and moving around like swegbe with 3 months preggie, and my husband thinking God, I'll never do this again!

LWKMD, eyaaa,
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by renewnaija(m): 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2011
micklplus:

whaooo! Nice topic

Mine was something else !

My 1st year wedding anniversary was on a sunday and i had planned various activities for the day.
On saturday, i went shopping for my wife and i already booked a hotel for our exclusive "igbaladun" after much arrangement hoping to have a day of my life on sunday. also, i already tucked every gifts i got in the trunk of my car. i didnt want to bring them in. i wanted her to see them first thing in the morning.

Sunday morning, i asked my nephew to go get me the "stuff" from the car behold, (1) my corolla toyota was gone!!!! (2) The car was my official car (3) my wife cried her eyes out!

i was so sad and the only fun i had was the stewpid questions policemen were asking me about the car!!!! [b]" who be your suspect", " u lock the car at all" , " how u take get the car", abi u borrow somebody"[/b],

when i think about it now, i just laugh! even though our first year anniversary was a monumental flop, we ALWAYS have a SPECIAL way to bring spices into our friendship especially with the fact that, we are always stagging a get-a-way exclusively for ourselves without any forms of disturbances from our kids.
cheesy cheesy grin

LWKMD! grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by gascoign1(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
renewnaija:

LWKMD! grin grin grin
micklplus:

whaooo! Nice topic

Mine was something else !

My 1st year wedding anniversary was on a sunday and i had planned various activities for the day.
On saturday, i went shopping for my wife and i already booked a hotel for our exclusive "igbaladun" after much arrangement hoping to have a day of my life on sunday. also, i already tucked every gifts i got in the trunk of my car. i didnt want to bring them in. i wanted her to see them first thing in the morning.

Sunday morning, i asked my nephew to go get me the "stuff" from the car behold, (1) my corolla toyota was gone!!!! (2) The car was my official car (3) my wife cried her eyes out!

i was so sad and the only fun i had was the stewpid questions policemen were asking me about the car!!!! " who be your suspect", " u lock the car at all" , " how u take get the car", abi u borrow somebody",

when i think about it now, i just laugh! even though our first year anniversary was a monumental flop, we ALWAYS have a SPECIAL way to bring spices into our friendship especially with the fact that, we are always stagging a get-a-way exclusively for ourselves without any forms of disturbances from our kids.
cheesy cheesy grin

are u kidding? really a sad story,especially on dat day,
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by renewnaija(m): 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2011
gascoign1:

are u kidding? really a sad story,especially on dat day,

No dude. Dont misunderstand me. I was laffing @ those ppl called the Nigeria Police on the stolen car:' " who be your suspect",   " u lock the car at all"  , " how u take get the car" "abi u borrow somebody"'

I no wan laff tire again abeg.
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by N101: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
It was a non-event; I got a kiss and "happy anniversary". The first year was a steep learning curve, not only for my spouse but for me.

In any case I'd prefer gifts and surprises on my birthday, anniversaries are not a big deal to me.
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Kunbee: 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hmmm grin
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by Nipeks(m): 11:12am On Oct 26, 2011
If you see a man opening the door of his car for his woman, it either the woman is new or the car. Let's wait for the 10th year annivasery.
Re: How Did You Celebrate Your 1st Marriage Anniversary? by smallworld(f): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2011
hunmmmmmm, it was nice anyway with my 2months old baby,we had some fun with a family friend that happen to be celebrating on the same date.but m sure subsequent ones will be much more fun.

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice! How To Guide A Child That Shows Early Sign Of Homosexuality. / Motherless Twin Girls Need Help / I Think Something Is Wrong With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.