Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. (612 Views)

Toyota Camry 2006 And 04 Model Forsale / Corolla And Camry Car Parts And Their Prices / SOLD!!!!!! Clean Toks Honda 2006 Dc (1.450m) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by Sunmars: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
Now before you start lambasting me to go and search out previous threads on this, I have already done so.
Also, some of those responses were done a while ago when those cars may not have been better understood and I'm sure some folks may have gained one or two new experiences over the years
I am stuck between a Nigerian used honda accord o6/ 07 and a Camry 2000/2001.
Na wetin my hand go fit reach I wan go for.

The car will be used as a daily driver to and from work. My office is not far away but it's becoming imperative I get a car for business and family.
There will be no long distance journey except once or twice in a year to my villa in the East
Btw, I reside in Delta state so I don't think part is a problem.
I just want a car without too much drama and wahala and too much costly maintenance issues.
The road in my neighborhood is not too bad though.
My heart say honda because of its look and prestige but I'm wary of the transmission even though I heard it was improved in the 06 models. Another issue for me is that it seems to get old quickly and tend to lose shape ( my impression though)

My head says camry on the other hand. It's seems more rugged but too common and a much older model. I tend to see them everywhere I turn. The suspension is another niggles.
I heard it has a better AC than the honda though?

Please brothers kindly share your first hand experience so as to help me settle for one and make my son happy

Sorry for boring you with this lengthy epistle.
Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by jgbemson1: 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
Brother go for the one ,u know u can maintain..the two cars are good ..

For me I will go for Honda Accord 2007
Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by Sunmars: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2023
jgbemson1:
Brother go for the one ,u know u can maintain..the two cars are good ..

For me I will go for Honda Accord 2007
Thank you boss
Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by dkdigits(m): 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sunmars:
Now before you start lambasting me to go and search out previous threads on this, I have already done so.
Also, some of those responses were done a while ago when those cars may not have been better understood and I'm sure some folks may have gained one or two new experiences over the years
I am stuck between a Nigerian used honda accord o6/ 07 and a Camry 2000/2001.
Na wetin my hand go fit reach I wan go for.

The car will be used as a daily driver to and from work. My office is not far away but it's becoming imperative I get a car for business and family.
There will be no long distance journey except once or twice in a year to my villa in the East
Btw, I reside in Delta state so I don't think part is a problem.
I just want a car without too much drama and wahala and too much costly maintenance issues.
The road in my neighborhood is not too bad though.
My heart say honda because of its look and prestige but I'm wary of the transmission even though I heard it was improved in the 06 models. Another issue for me is that it seems to get old quickly and tend to lose shape ( my impression though)

My head says camry on the other hand. It's seems more rugged but too common and a much older model. I tend to see them everywhere I turn. The suspension is another niggles.
I heard it has a better AC than the honda though?

Please brothers kindly share your first hand experience so as to help me settle for one and make my son happy

Sorry for boring you with this lengthy epistle.

In today's Naija, fuel consumption should be a necessary consideration before care purchase. Camry 2000/01 is not exactly conservative in terms of fuel consumption. It's rugged tho, the Honda should be better presuming they are both in good condition, it's a much more modern engine. If u see Yaris or civic in decent condition, it would be a better option tho. We spend more on fuel these days than on car parts.

2 Likes

Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by ehmmy11(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
It’s obvious you like the Honda that’s fine it will form the basis of your maintenance culture. Go for the 2007, car can be repaired easily parts easy to get and all that.. point of correction the accord has the better AC. In all you do pls buy a good unit not an abused one don’t be in a rush, go for inspections with an actual Honda mechanic Nigerians are great at abusing cars.

service with recommended fluids, pay attention to the suspension since you live in delta state, use OEM parts, have it checked as part of your maintenance routine and you will be fine..

The comparison is a mismatch really the accord is the better ride

2 Likes

Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by Sunmars: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
dkdigits:
In today's Naija, fuel consumption should be a necessary consideration before care purchase. Camry 2000/01 is not exactly conservative in terms of fuel consumption. It's rugged tho, the Honda should be better presuming they are both in good condition, it's a much more modern engine. If u see Yaris or civic in decent condition, it would be a better option tho. We spend more on fuel these days than on car parts.
True words! Fuel wahala no be here
Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by Sunmars: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2023
ehmmy11:
It’s obvious you like the Honda that’s fine it will form the basis of your maintenance culture. Go for the 2007, car can be repaired easily parts easy to get and all that.. point of correction the accord has the better AC. In all you do pls buy a good unit not an abused one don’t be in a rush, go for inspections with an actual Honda mechanic Nigerians are great at abusing cars.

service with recommended fluids, pay attention to the suspension since you live in delta state, use OEM parts, have it checked as part of your maintenance routine and you will be fine..

The comparison is a mismatch really the accord is the better ride
Thanks boss. Yea I know it's a mismatch as they are not on the same pedestal but it's just what I fancy for now and can actually afford.
Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by ehmmy11(m): 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sunmars:

Thanks boss. Yea I know it's a mismatch as they are not on the same pedestal but it's just what I fancy for now and can actually afford.

The accord is a good daily driver and at the same time it will allow you do “ big boy” grin after all you deserve it

2 Likes

Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by Timagex(m): 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2023
If you later settle for the Camry, kindly find a way to purchase a fairly used gun or do strong juju.

Most of the stolen cars in Nigeria are Toyota products and that Camry is a hot cake to men of the underworld. Don't just park anywhere and always keep your eyes opened!! Driving that Camry or the Uber corrola automatically puts you in danger.

Be very careful sir. May God be with you.

1 Like

Re: Between Honda 2006 And Camry 2001. Please Honest Review. by Sunmars: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2023
Timagex:
If you later settle for the Camry, kindly find a way to purchase a fairly used gun or do strong juju.

Most of the stolen cars in Nigeria are Toyota products and that Camry is a hot cake to men of the underworld. Don't just park anywhere and always keep your eyes opened!! Driving that Camry or the Uber corrola automatically puts you in danger.

Be very careful sir. May God be with you.
Lol @buying gun

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! 2010 Honda Crosstour (Registered) / Used 09 Toyota Camry Muscle V6 2650k / Toyota Camry 2013 On Belt Camry Sports Price: 6.3m Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.