Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? (40818 Views)

Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. / Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by SapeleDon: 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
Seeking advice here on what step to take. I invited two of my younger one's in Nigeria to come visit me in the States and after making all payments via the designated bank and booking the appointment on the consular website a date still has not be given to them two months later,at first i was curious because i thought it was automatic and so went through the site myself only to see the fine PRINT that it takes up to 120 days.

Was talking about it to a friend yesterday and he said they can actyally buy an interview date as there are touts who specialize in such stuff and so i asked him where and he said in front of the embassy.

Is this true?anybody knows somebody who have actually gone through this tout route and was not duped?and does it work really?lastly,will need such link if there is one.

120 days is a long time to wait.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by imperiouxx(m): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
Date given to them or you will pick the date you'd like them to go for their interviews. The worst that can happen like I'm facing right now is not get the actual month you like. First fill their DS160 online and proceed to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ to pick date for their interview but I think the date you might likely get now would be Feb or Mar 2012. If you're uniquely luck, you get Dec or Jan. Goodluck!
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by SapeleDon: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
@imperiouxx thanks, so i called one pf my youngers now and got her password and logged into her account on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ and found this on her page NO APPOINTMENT IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED.

Should have told them to choose the Abuja Office instead of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by HECTORBOSS(m): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2011
When you where registering you probably saw that the date you wanted had been filled so what you do is pick the available date which at this time might be next year around February.

If you are not satisfied with the date you can revisit and make them see a reason to change that date i must say what ever excuse you give must be convincing. Make sure it is an excuse that shows them an urgent situation this will work very fast if this is not your first time of travelling abroad.

The truth is they likely end up telling you to pick an available date since there nothing they can do about it.
Never pay anybody just be smart and confident about it. they will see reason with you.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by SapeleDon: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
HECTORBOSS i did not fill the form, my younger sister filled them up for she and my younger brother. The date part of it when i logged into her account is just blank and she said when she was filling it there was no available dates for many months. Going through the website for the numbers to reach them.

More over some tales from people i have heard is that most embassies usually dont give out visa's in the winter period and thats why i wanted them to come earlier.

Morever, if somebody chooses a date that conflicts with somebody else date i thought the website automatically alerts you to that?anyway about calling and telling them to call the embassy.

Thanks guys.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by whitebrown(f): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
Try to schedule their appointment on the website & change your location then compare next date available.
I applied for mine last month in SA & got app date for the next week but my partner applied & got his app date the next day, so inorder to get an earlier date i just change my app location from Johannesburg to Cape Town & i got available date for the next 3days.

Try that & see if it will work, take into account that in SA the embassies are never as busy as Nigeria.

Ciaooo
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2011
hello, never give anybody money at the embassy for appointment date, simple log on to their website https://cgifederal.decure.force.com and pick the earliest date available or revisit the site for such if your choice date is not available
or you can also pay experts to assist you on that by monitoring of the website for your choice date.

if you don't mind, I can help you secure one at a moderate amount since it involves time and resources.

and  to the southAfrican lady, one can only be interviewed in his/her country unless there's something i'm yet to know about us visa application proccedure.
regards

1 Like

Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by ojdollars(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
FAST-LINK:

hello, never give anybody money at the embassy for appointment date, simple log on to their website https://cgifederal.decure.force.com and pick the earliest date available or revisit the site for such if your choice date is not available
or you can also pay experts to assist you on that by monitoring of the website for your choice date.

if you don't mind, I can help you secure one at a moderate amount since it involves time and resources.

and  to the southAfrican lady, one can only be interviewed in his/her country unless there's something i'm yet to know about us visa application proccedure.
regards

@FAST-LINK -- how much does it cost to get a date? Can't you do it free for them? I thought you advice them never to give Money to anybody? And you want small thing (money) from them?

1 Like

Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 5:41am On Oct 26, 2011
hello ojdollar,
what I meant is that you can't buy an appointment date at the embassy as mentioned by sapele.
you can only schedule an appointment through their web portal.
if he had said some people collect money to help you schedule, yes it's understandable but to buy a date at the embassy, unless expatiates on, i'm afraid it's definetely fake, even a staff there has no access to it.

and asking me to do it free, No.1, I'm only gonna work for you by monitoring the calender alongside with my team and get a date for you as soon as we get the alert.
No.2, this is time cunsuming , sleepless night and total useless during the day.
No.3, it defenitely a service and every service deserves a payment and I don't think you'll object to that.
The only thing I try to do is to be considerate depending on the level of effect been put in the task.

finally, many people have succeded in securing an appointment date through us and I bet almost all of them got their visa except a lady that lied to me that she was for renewal instead of fresh and hence refused enterance into the embassy due her appointment showed renewa, though. she was the one that created her profile anyway,

Now, my advice is always be careful while filling in your details and confirm every detail before sending.

if you are interested in our service, please do contact us, it's  what you can do by yourself anyway but if you think it's not forthcoming,
holla us at usaappointment@yahoo.com
thank you
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by justwise(m): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2011
FAST-LINK:

hello ojdollar,
what I meant is that you can't buy an appointment date at the embassy as mentioned by sapele.
you can only schedule an appointment through their web portal.
if he had said some people collect money to help you schedule, yes it's understandable but to buy a date at the embassy, unless expatiates on, i'm afraid it's definetely fake, even a staff there has no access to it.

and asking me to do it free, No.1, I'm only gonna work for you by monitoring the calender alongside with my team and get a date for you as soon as we get the alert.
No.2, this is time cunsuming , sleepless night and total useless during the day.
No.3, it defenitely a service and every service deserves a payment and I don't think you'll object to that.
The only thing I try to do is to be considerate depending on the level of effect been put in the task.

finally, many people have succeded in securing an appointment date through us and I bet almost all of them got their visa except a lady that lied to me that she was for renewal instead of fresh and hence refused enterance into the embassy due her appointment showed renewa, though. she was the one that created her profile anyway,

Now, my advice is always be careful while filling in your details and confirm every detail before sending.

if you are interested in our service, please do contact us, it's  what you can do by yourself anyway but if you think it's not forthcoming,
holla us at usaappointment@yahoo.com
thank you

Why are you trying to link booking an appointment to visa success?
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 9:35am On Oct 26, 2011
Hello justwise, sometimes, people book the wrong visa class appointment for their uniformed clients just because they are just desperate to get one as it is hard to differentiate fresh from the renewal appointment of the same visa class when the date is gotten except you call the embassy to confirm for you, moreover there's also a way an appointment would be booked, it will reflect on the cgi website but won't be found in the consulates' database.
very bad.
Guess that has answered your question? And to be honest, luck is also a part of it and that indeed has been on my side and I wish it to everybody going for visa interview on this site.
thank you!
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by justwise(m): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2011
FAST-LINK:

Hello justwise, sometimes, people book the wrong visa class appointment for their uniformed clients just because they are just desperate to get one as it is hard to differentiate fresh from the renewal appointment of the same visa class when the date is gotten except you call the embassy to confirm for you, moreover there's also a way an appointment would be booked, it will reflect on the cgi website but won't be found in the consulates' database.
very bad.
[b]Guess that has answered your question? [/b]And to be honest, luck is also a part of it and that indeed has been on my side and I wish it to everybody going for visa interview on this site.
thank you!

That did not answer my question at all, booking the correct/right appointment doesn't guarantee anybody visa success, how you perform at the interview will determine whether you will be given a visa or not.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 9:58am On Oct 26, 2011
you are failing to acknowledge the fact that you need access to the embassy before you'd get to meet with your interviwer, inasmuch as I acknowledge the fact that what determines the success of your visa interview is your answers to the questions been asked, I also believe that access is the first thing you need, hence people sleep on the internet.
thank you
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by justwise(m): 10:21am On Oct 26, 2011
FAST-LINK:

you are failing to acknowledge the fact that you need access to the embassy before you'd get to meet with your interviwer, inasmuch as I acknowledge the fact that what determines the success of your visa interview is your answers to the questions been asked, I also believe that access is the first thing you need, hence people sleep on the internet.
thank you

There is no need for people to sleep on internet IF people like you did not make a mess of the system, it was supposed to be stress-free and free but since some 'agents' started selling the slots it becomes a nightmare.

. . .even with all 'access' to the embassy one can still be refused a visa, so successfully booking an appointment does not guarantee anyone a visa.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2011
I still do not understand how possible it is for the so-called agents sell or have access to the dates when it takes ones passport number, details and visa fee of N22,400.00 to book appointment.
I repeat, no agent sells date, whoever tells you he sells date is not telling you the true, dates are not transferable and you won't even know when your cancelled old date is released.

perhaps, it is only those who are on emergency but not sure of getting help through the expedited visa request channel.
one can still book a normal appointment and there must be emergency request, whichever one, some people gotta have means of livelihood through honest and hardworking means and I'm sure you have no objetion to that, or do you?
people that pay, know why they are travelling, been denied a visa shouldn't be a deterrent since there're always two sides to everything,
innit?

1 Like

Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by justwise(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2011
FAST-LINK:

I still do not understand how possible it is for the so-called agents sell or have access to the dates when it takes ones passport number, details and visa fee of N22,400.00 to book appointment.
I repeat, no agent sells date, whoever tells you he sells date is not telling you the true, dates are not transferable and you won't even know when your cancelled old date is released.

perhaps, it is only those who are on emergency but not sure of getting help through the expedited visa request channel.
one can still book a normal appointment and there must be emergency request, whichever one, some people gotta have means of livelihood through honest and hardworking means and I'm sure you have no objetion to that, or do you?
people that pay, know why they are travelling, been denied a visa should be a deterrent since there're always two sides to everything,
innit?

Oh well . . .
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 11:22am On Oct 26, 2011
forgive my spelling mistakes, I reply with my phone, atimes I don't just see them and the keypad is not user friendly either.
cheers!

1 Like

Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by justwise(m): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2011
FAST-LINK:

forgive my spelling mistakes, I reply with my phone, atimes I don't just see them and the keypad is not user friendly either.
cheers!

There is nothing wrong with ur spelling but i can't stand people who use:innit.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 11:35am On Oct 26, 2011
hehehe, just needed to put words to your mouth.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by abayoureal: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
its as easy as anything, just kip trying it,becoz i got two dates this month,i cancelled the first one bcoz of some mistake on my ds160 form.but i was able to secure another just the followin week, all by myself,but with God's help dat directs me,
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2011
abayoureal:

its as easy as anything, just kip trying it,becoz i got two dates this month,i cancelled the first one bcoz of some mistake on my ds160 form.but i was able to secure another just the followin week, all by myself,but with God's help dat directs me,
that's the spirit buddy, was yours fresh or renewal and what dates ( october, november) or what?
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by imperiouxx(m): 7:49am On Oct 27, 2011
FAST-LINK:

people that pay, know why they are travelling, been denied a visa shouldn't be a deterrent since there're always two sides to everything,
innit?

Justwise, fast-link is right about correct user profile to search for date. Infact, it's a correct profile to 15 trials per day. I never knew it was this ugly until I was looking for date recently. It took me 5 sleepless nights and 5 anxious days. Though some of these agents understand the system of which individual users may not have the endurance/patience of repeated checking and luck of getting their desired dates when they open. It may open when you are in the toilet and close as soon as you log back in. Now I understand what the agents do, what they do is that they use each 15 trials of each of their many clients to get the date almost task free. When they notice a user trials they have been using is getting to limit for that day, they switch to the next client trials. When they successfully notice a date closer to what the client likes, they quickly pick it and for another clients that fall between that date frame while the date is still open and so on. Generally, the embassy blocks the dates and opens few when they like so as to leave room for emergency dates request. Though hackers will always try to dig holes into the system.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by abayoureal: 11:01am On Oct 27, 2011
@fastlink,mine is january 2012,
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
abayoureal:

@fastlink,mine is january 2012,
ok,I think one stands at a better chance of getting january date now but anything earlier than that will definitely cost you many more days and nights unless you got super luck on your side.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by bomly(f): 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
I must confess this isuue of date is not an easy process, except for student and medical reasons who can get expidated date by request, I have been on the website for up to two months now and I am yet to get a date for November or December. Anyway I keep trying and hoping. The issue of booking for the right visa is true, a guy i met also on this nairaland forum made the wrong booking, after informing him that it's first time applicant he went on to book renewal, but luckily for me I found out and cancelled the booking so now I am back to square search.

Thanks and I wish you all luck
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by FASTLINK1: 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2011
Hello Bomly,

why not try my end?, the more you wait the harder it becomes,perhaps, the fee is considerate.
Regarding the student expedited visa option, it doesn't always pan out. I have tried that channel for my clients many times butto no avail after 5 days of waiting.
To be honest, the best approach is to book your appointment 4 months ahead of time.
thank you.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by SapeleDon: 2:51am On Oct 28, 2011
@FAST-LINK

Been on it for some days now as i stay till like 3 a.m Eastern time in the US trying to get a spot but so far no success,will give it some more days of trial and will contact you if no success.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by kuchikau: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2011
@house,pls,i ned a step by step guide on hw to aply 4 my visa,cos am doing it alone and dont wanna make mistake,sm1 shld pls writ dem down 4 me plsssss,
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by youmailme: 9:01am On Oct 31, 2011
@abayoureal
How many days do you have to wait for you to get a new date? Because I also canceled my first date four days ago trying to reschedule a new date but up to this moment still none appointment date available.

@Sapele_Don
I also think the suitable time to search for a date is between 8pm to 11pm GMT because all the dates i have gotten b4 falls in that particular period especially 8.30-9.30 since you have 20 limited trial per day.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by friend(f): 1:45am On Nov 02, 2011
Please, do you have the phone number one can call? I already have appointment on 15th of this month but I will not be able to make it 'cos my int'l passport is not presently available,I have submitted it for canada visit visa. Kindly give me the number. Moreover,is it going to be possible and what reason do I give them?
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by damola1: 12:02am On Nov 03, 2011
^^^ I was exactly in your shoes when I had an appointment in July, 2011. But my P was not available. I failed to contact them until abt 24hrs, which was too late.

What I might suggest is to email or contact them from your dashboard and request a date shift, on a much more solid grounds. and they might be able to shift you another 1 month or so, also request the specific time you want.
Re: Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? by Gbenge77(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2011
kuchikau:

@house,pls,i ned a step by step guide on hw to aply 4 my visa,cos am doing it alone and dont wanna make mistake,sm1 shld pls writ dem down 4 me plsssss,
visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangerous Crack Below Oworo-Ogudu Bridge (Picture) / Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf / Gold, Platinum And Diamonds Worth ₦136b Falls Out Of Russian Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.