Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,438 members, 7,850,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:16 AM

Living The Victorious Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living The Victorious Life (81 Views)

Rev. Joseph Agboli Is Dead (Victorious Army Ministries Founder Dies) / How Jesusjnr Emerged Victorious In Advocate666's Simple Challenge. Photos / Speaking And Seeing The Word Of God For A Victorious Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living The Victorious Life by Gathering: 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2023
The old nature of sin is still in us when we accepted the new nature of holiness reason there is an ongoing war inside of us. The new nature of holiness must put an end to the old nature of sin before a soul can be considered saved since the new nature of holiness does not sin.
"Whosoever is born of God does not sin cause His seed (life) lives in him(her) and he(she) can not sin because he(she) is born of God." 1 John 3:9
It takes time for the new nature of holiness to grow into maturity(stronger) to overpower the old nature of sin to stop sinning.
In this wise we are quick to condemn another who is still fighting war with old nature when their old nature commits sin or allow this to discourage our pursuit of holiness, that no one can be holy or as a justification for our own sins. It does not matter whom had fallen into sin, we should not be discouraged in our pursuit of holiness nor be encouraged to commit sin cause sin has no rewards no matter who commits it. We should rather seek to deliver a believer who had fallen into sin from the power of sin not to repeat it, forgive and forget by not remembering him/her of their sin through the acts of condemnation or gossiping.
I read the book 'Love the way to victory' by Kenneth Haggin how he was rebuked by God for condemning a brother who sinned and how the brother was later raised after he overcame the old nature of sin he was formerly struggling with.
A brother/sister you helped to overpower the old nature of sin today can be used to help you overpower your own old nature of sin tomorrow as it is written in Proverbs 27:17 " Iron sharpens iron so does a man sharpens the countenance of his friend'.
Paul like everyone born of woman faced this war with old nature of sin as he wrote
" The good I want to do I can not but the evil I do not that I do so now I realized the old life is warring against the growing of new life to bring me into captivity of sin. I am wretched cause I have no power of my own to overpower sin but now I have hope that through Jesus I can overpower the old life of sin(paraphrased) Romans 7:19-25.
The war with old nature of sin is not peculiar to only you.
Do not give up on your fight with old nature of sin since you have hope in Jesus.
Beware the old nature of sin will not easily give up without a fight. It will keep coming back to check if the room it was chased out is empty.
It takes time for the new nature of holiness to grow so we need to endure/ tolerant reason love endures and by it you will be able to be your brothers /sisters keepers keeping them from falling into sin.
Are you joining forces with old nature of sin to destroy a brother or sister?

With God all things are possible so it is possible for you to overpower old nature of sin in you and in others.

Those living the victorious life are living in the new nature of holiness.

Accept Jesus or The Word you read or hear today and be saved.

Weekly prayer point: Good Holy Spirit please help me to overpower the old nature of sin.

Live a spiritually blessed week.
Good morning.

From
The Gathering Ministry
For questioning (234)08169695229
Nathanaelfaith@gmail.com
Olugbami Olushola

(1) (Reply)

Presbyterian Church Honours ABN TV Boss, Ifeanyi Okali / Love - The Greatest Of Them All / Five Ways God Influences Us Toward Righteousness....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.