Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

10 Mistakes I Made In My Early 20s (and How To Avoid Them) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Mistakes I Made In My Early 20s (and How To Avoid Them) (214 Views)

How To Translate From English To Edo Language Without Mistakes / Is It Wrong To Avoid Your Hometown Or Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Mistakes I Made In My Early 20s (and How To Avoid Them) by ibuks12(m): 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
My early 20s were a hot mess. I made enough mistakes that can fill an encyclopedia page.

Sincerely, I wish God would give humans the ability to go back to the past and right our wrongs.

Well, now that I can't change the past, I can only share my experience and ensure upcoming generations don't make similar mistakes.

What am I talking about? Well, here are the mistakes I made in my early 20s.

1. Not Building Strong Relationships (Isolating Myself)

This is one of my greatest mistakes that somewhat affected my growth as a person.

Oh! if you knew me back then, you would understand what I mean better.

Have you ever met someone who wouldn't mind spending 48 hours indoors without any issues?

I am that person.

Being a freelance writer didn't help my case either. I would remain inside my room all day, scrolling from one website to another searching for resources for my articles.

In my quest to build my career, I often turned down invitations from friends and found excuses not to socialize.

I told myself there would be time for that later.
Consequently, I felt very alone and missed out on building valuable relationships.

Prevention

Don't overlook your social life while pursuing a better future.

I understand the need for discipline and focus in your quest for success, but ensure you regularly connect with family and friends.

Strike a balance between work and social life, build strong relationships with people, and you will live happily.

(1) (Reply)

Trade Nigeria Organisation / Trade Nigeria Organisation / Pleasure And Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.