Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,570 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

You Can't Lose Your Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can't Lose Your Salvation (5548 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
Romans 11:29
29 God does not take back his gifts. He does not change his mind about those he has chosen.

John 10:28-29
says: “And I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father…is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand.

God is not a confused God

He knows the end from the start

You can't be saved in Jesus then become unsaved.

There is nothing your child can do that will make him not to be your child...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
■ John 10:28-29 says: “And I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father…is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand.
God is not a confused God.He knows the end from the start. You can't be saved in Jesus then become unsaved. There is nothing your child can do that will make him not to be your child...
1. Indeed! All those who will end up in Eternal damnation also have Eternal life and so will never perish. undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:55am On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Indeed! All those who will end up in Eternal damnation also have Eternal life and so will never perish. undecided

...that whosoever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life...

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Yes, everyone who believes(not to be confused with the wishful thinking of those of the religion of Christianity) and is born-again as a result of that has eternal life, and this includes all those of them who will eventually meet their end in eternal damnation for not standing faithful until the end, that is after receiving eternal life — Matthew 24 vs 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 2:23am On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yes, everyone who believes(not to be confused with the wishful thinking of those of the religion of Christianity) and is born-again as a result of that has eternal life, and this includes all those of them who will eventually meet their end in eternal damnation for not standing faithful until the end, that is after receiving eternal life — Matthew 24 vs 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided

They will perish
Their end is destruction
The wages of sin is death and the gift of God is everlasting life, not a punishment
U de misyan Bible

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■They will perish. Their end is destruction
■The wages of sin is death and the gift of God is everlasting life, not a punishment
U de misyan Bible
I am not asking of your private delusions but stating that which is in Scripture. And it is that all those who are born-again will receive eternal life in place of the condemnation of Sin aka Death which they formerly had. And that eternal life that they are gifted with will never be taken away from them even if they end up not standing faithful until the very end. It is for that reason that Jesus Christ made clear that the place of damnation is an ETERNAL place meaning all since all those who end up there have the gift of Eternal life as well. undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by cornelboy(f): 4:04am On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Who are those that will end up in eternal damnation sir?
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Oct 25, 2023
cornelboy:

Who are those that will end up in eternal damnation sir?
Read what Jesus Christ, the King in the Kingdom of God with jurisdiction over the place of Eternal Reward as well as the place of Eternal Damnation, of them in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by paxonel(m): 5:21am On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
John 10:28-29 says: “And I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father…is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand.

absolutely right!

It is share ignorance for a Christian to fear that he can lose his salvation by any means order than him rejecting Christ.

Such Christians(funny enough, constitutes the vast majority of the type Christians we have in Africa) can never be decisive in making critical decisions or standing for what is right too,and are such they are largely hypocritical, seeing that they are completely oblivion of the fact that their salvation is of spiritual significance that is only embedded in their spirit and not in their body or bodily actions

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

In essence, Flesh and Spirit do not have the same bearing.

And a better explanation of this is that forfeiture of our spirit(wherein our salvation lies) is never part of the consequences of our actions in the fresh

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by cornelboy(f): 6:21am On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Read what Jesus Christ, the King in the Kingdom of God with jurisdiction over the place of Eternal Reward as well as the place of Eternal Damnation, of them in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided
You didn't answer my question.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2023
cornelboy:

You didn't answer my question.
If Jesus Christ's answer to that question isn't good enough, then what do you expect from me? undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by cornelboy(f): 6:33am On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If Jesus Christ's answer to that question isn't good enough, then what do you expect from me? undecided
👍🏾
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Plus1234: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2023
paxonel:
absolutely right!

It is share ignorance for a Christian to fear that he can lose his salvation by any means order than him rejecting Christ.

Such Christians(funny enough, constitutes the vast majority of the type Christians we have in Africa) can never be decisive in making critical decisions or standing for what is right too,and are such they are largely hypocritical, seeing that they are completely oblivion of the fact that their salvation is of spiritual significance that is only embedded in their spirit and not in their body or bodily actions

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And a better explanation of this is that forfeiture of our spirit(wherein our salvation lies) is never part of the consequences of our actions in the fresh
Lies. If you want to go to hell do so without taking people along with you. That was how a foolish pastor once said Ananias and Sapphira are both in heaven and said their body was destroyed for them to make heaven.This is a doctrine for the broad way,not the narrow way.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by paxonel(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2023
Plus1234:
Lies. If you want to go to hell do so without taking people along with you. That was how a foolish pastor once said Ananias and Sapphira are both in heaven and said their body was destroyed for them to make heaven.This is a doctrine for the broad way,not the narrow way.
you have not quoted any scripture to prove your point.
Me, I have quoted John 3:6 to prove my point

Therefore, you can't say I'm lying.
Rather, it is you who is trying to avoid scriptures to present your unrealistic traditional doctrines that have lied.

And you know what?
Many African Christians are gradually being educated and are coming out of your kind of traditional ignorance.
You many not see them
But they are there even in the church you attend.

They know the truth deep inside them.
Salvation is a free gift from God whether you like it or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Plus1234: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2023
paxonel:

Therefore, you can't say I'm lying.
Rather, it is you who is trying to avoid scriptures to present your unrealistic traditional doctrines that have lied.

And you know what?
Many African Christians are gradually being educated and are coming out of your kind of traditional ignorance.
You many not see them
But they are there even in the church you attend.

They know the truth deep inside them.
Salvation is a free gift from God whether you like it or not

And so? Revelation 21 vs 8.But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 11:58am On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The correct word is "should not"! Not "never perish"

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
John 10:28-29 says: “And I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father…is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand.

You are just deceiving yourself. When you do as children of Satan do, you shall surely perish like the sons of God who fell.

So, if you want external life you must live like a child of God forever.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
paxonel:
absolutely right!
It is share ignorance for a Christian to fear that he can lose his salvation by any means order than him rejecting Christ. ...

And what things constitute a rejection of Christ?

Answer: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11,R Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? · Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor ...

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
paxonel:

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit...

And your quotes are out of course and no enter at all!

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

They will perish
Their end is destruction
The wages of sin is death and the gift of God is everlasting life, not a punishment
U de misyan Bible

That guy has always had cultic theory.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
paxonel:
absolutely right!

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are just deceiving yourself. When you do as children of Satan do, you shall surely perish like the sons of God who fell.

So, if you want external life you must live like a child of God forever.

First let leave insult and let me explain Bible to you with abuse can you do this if you can then I show you all you need to know.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And your quotes are out of course and no enter at all!

What did you you do to inherit the sin of Adam because Bible says all men in this world are sinners once they come into this earth infact the world is sinful

So tell me why a new born child is called a sinner when they did not do any thing.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not asking of your private delusions but stating that which is in Scripture. And it is that all those who are born-again will receive eternal life in place of the condemnation of Sin aka Death which they formerly had. And that eternal life that they are gifted with will never be taken away from them even if they end up not standing faithful until the very end. It is for that reason that Jesus Christ made clear that the place of damnation is an ETERNAL place meaning all since all those who end up there have the gift of Eternal life as well. undecided

The gift of eternal life is for God's friends
The wicked wil face eternal annihilation
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

What did you you do to inherit the sin of Adam because Bible says all men in this world are sinners once they come into this earth infact the world is sinful

So tell me why a new born child is called a sinner when they did not do any thing.

Do we not sin our own versions of sins as Adam had done?

That is what we inherited from Adam to wit, the ability to sin!

Thus, a new born baby is not a sinner.

Sinning requires a person "TO DO" that which is wrong and not lawful.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Maynman: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
Anything that was given can be taken back.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Maynman:
Anything that was given can be taken back.

True!

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The correct word is "should not"! Not "never perish"

What is 'perish'
What does it mean for someone to perish?
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

What is 'perish'
What does it mean for someone to perish?

According to God, The Owner and Judge of What perish shall be, it is a casting in hell/lake of fire to live forever in eternal damnation

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again
As you did regarding our argument on John which you became mute, you have no evidence
Bible describes a time where Jesus will bring an end to death, Satan, demons, the wicked.
If Adam and Eve who brought death into the world of mankind by their sin will only face eternal death as they are dust
If Satan's destiny with his demons is eternal death
Is it humans that will suffer pains for all eternity?
If so, that won't be justice but God is just.
Punishing someone for all eternity for sins committed for less than a century of one's life
It will also contradict Psalm 103:9 that Jehovah does stay angry or resentful forever. His keeping people in pains for eternity shows he's still resentful
His judgement is once for all time

Adam and Eve - Once for all time
Pharoah and his army- Once for all time
Sodom and Gomorrah - Once for all time
Future annihilation of Satan and demons - Once for all time...

The wicked will PERISH
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Do we not sin our own versions of sins as Adam had done?

That is what we inherited from Adam to wit, the ability to sin!

Thus, a new born baby is not a sinner.

Sinning requires a person "TO DO" that which is wrong and not lawful.

Psalms 51:5 in Other Translations
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. 5 For I was born a sinner— yes, from the moment my mother conceived me

Because you really don't know Bible that why you don't know every one was born in sin

Romans 5:12-19
. Adam and Christ
12 Adam sinned, and that sin brought death into the world. Now everyone has sinned, and so everyone must die. 13 Sin was in the world before the Law came. But no record of sin was kept, because there was no Law. 14 Yet death still had power over all who lived from the time of Adam to the time of Moses. This happened, though not everyone disobeyed a direct command from God, as Adam did.

In some ways Adam is like Christ who came later. 15 But the gift of God's undeserved grace was very different from Adam's sin. That one sin brought death to many others. Yet in an even greater way, Jesus Christ alone brought God's gift of undeserved grace to many people.

16 There is a lot of difference between Adam's sin and God's gift. That one sin led to punishment. But God's gift made it possible for us to be acceptable to him, even though we have sinned many times. 17 Death ruled like a king because Adam had sinned. But that cannot compare with what Jesus Christ has done. God has treated us with undeserved grace, and he has accepted us because of Jesus. And so we will live and rule like kings.

18 Everyone was going to be punished because Adam sinned. But because of the good thing that Christ has done, God accepts us and gives us the gift of life. 19 Adam disobeyed God and caused many others to be sinners. But Jesus obeyed him and will make many people acceptable to God.

20 The Law came, so that the full power of sin could be seen. Yet where sin was powerful, God's gift of undeserved grace was even more powerful. 21 Sin ruled by means of death. But God's gift of grace now rules, and God has accepted us because of Jesus Christ our Lord. This means that we will have eternal life.

Please take your time to read this places and don't rush...

I can show you multiple scripts in the Bible that shows one's saved is for ever saved

Because God used the analogy that we did not do any thing wrong yet Adam sin made all of us sinners.

That same way jesus righteousness makes us saved when you believe Jesus...
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

According to God, The Owner and Judge of What perish shall be, it is a casting in hell/lake of fire to live forever in eternal damnation

According to Revelation 20:14
The lake of fire means or represent what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Join Illuminati 666 Society In Africa Today And Be Rich+2349073588783 / Pastor Instructs Members To Strip For The Holy Ghost To Penetrate Them.(photos) / Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.