Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) (35607 Views)

Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy / Traders At Alaba Rago Market Cleaning Up After Closure (Pictures) / LAWMA Seals Alaba Rago Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Lumig: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2023
We all know the right thing to do but waiting to be pushed or threatened first...

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by NapoleonHill: 8:00am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:
That is the Lagos that Tinubu developed. I am Yoruba before one bastard start insulting other people oh. An ordinary law would make lagos clean. Police can arrest people for littering or not picking up litter next to them with that people won't dump anything anywhere.

Where is your state that your forefathers built? You want the understaff police to leave the duty of national security to start arresting people who litter the ground?

You mean a market cannot organize and put measures in place to keep their environment clean? You want to completely reduce the police to your standard.

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by kelly72: 8:01am On Oct 25, 2023
[quote author=accordadoga29 post=126600168]Hehehehe

We won’t watch Lagos become as dirty as Aba.

They should not clean up that environment and watch what will become of that place.

Lagos is our heritage and we won’t allow anybody be it omoluabi or omo atounrinwa to spoil it.

As for the alaba intl market, LASG should demolish the 2x4 shops there, erect standard structures and lease out to the good people of SW, SS, North & MB at subsidized rate as this will provide a comfortable environment for the buyers and the sellers

Lagos must become that Dubai everybody wants to visit.

When hate blends with ignorance, the result will be self-destruction. I don't think LASG is that deep into self destruction.

Even if Alaba is demolished, rebuilt and 50% of the shops given to your family free, poverty won't still leave you because it lives in your mind.

Besides, even if the Igbo traders start trading in the bush and you all are trading from Alaba, buyers will find their way to the bush and avoid Alaba. Have you ever wondered why Alaba, Ladipo, computer village etc are more popular than Owode Onirin, Jankara etc? Food for thought, if you can think.
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by jrusky(m): 8:02am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:
That is the Lagos that Tinubu developed. I am Yoruba before one bastard start insulting other people oh. An ordinary law would make lagos clean. Police can arrest people for littering or not picking up litter next to them with that people won't dump anything anywhere.

Will you shut up Mr Yoruba wey no get sense. So Tinubu has been governor since 1999 till date ba? If he talk una go say he dey control governor, he keep quiet una go say he lie for him to say he developed Lagos, biko na wetin?

Let mee ask you a question and be honest with yourself "Do you have a "bin" I mean the black bin govt asked everyone to get? If you have one send the pic here and if you don't have where do you drop your waste

I needanswer because you get mouth to quickly put Tinubu into matrer that concerns people accepting dirtiness as a norm.

I'm very sure you must be one of iyabo Ojo, Macaroni, Hyundai crew the confused Yoruba race who sees invaders from my region calling their homeland no man's land and are f u c king happy about it.

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Meagainstthem: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2023
Pigs,they thought Lagos is their dirty state where they live like pig.

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Britishpea: 8:02am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:
it is either you are 14 years old or you just reason like one!

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by abysirius(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2023
Ask your mama 'cos you are not.
slimfit1:

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by emerged01(m): 8:07am On Oct 25, 2023
Alaba rago too dirty mehn. That place dey smell horrible.
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by zionstaar75: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:
but this place looks more like onitsha, igbos are very dirty, as in very dirty
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by JaySmart4422: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2023
They say Lagos is a no man land reason many don't really care about how dirty or clean the environment looks.
It will take nothing from us to keep our environment clean

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by lifezone247(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2023
Cantonese:

The entire road from Volkswagen to Igbo Elerin , but with emphasis of Okokomaiko, Cassidy, PPL, and then Alaba Rago need serious enforcements. The uncountable tents built in the middle of the highway between Alaba Rago and Okokomaiko should be dismantled. The “iron kwande”, condemned plastic chairs and household furniture in the road should. E thrown somewhere. Then those who sell rice o the road should move into their shops. That place is a haven for criminals.
oil full your head very well my brother, I drive from and to BADAGRY almost everyday, when I get to these section you mentioned I shake my head.

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Babaken(m): 8:16am On Oct 25, 2023
That's very good.
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by ivandrag0n: 8:16am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:

Nobody needs to insult you because you are Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. However, your stupidity is enough to attract serious insults to you.

If you’re not exceedingly stupid, you’d know that even in New York City, one of the most developed metropolis in the world, premises are usually sealed or temporarily shut down because of filth.

Assuming you’re not stupid, you’d realise that while sellers in Mile 12, Alaba Rago, Isolo and other markets are rushing to comply with government’s directives, certain markets peopled by the most entitled and quarrelsome tribe in Nigeria cannot see any reason why anyone should dare call them to order!

It is that same attitude they have carried to the outside world where, in Texas and other parts of the world, they are the ones who quarrel with the laws, rules and regulations of their host communities.

They build on canals and drainages and refuse to be answerable to the law.

Lagos is better off without them. At least, if and when they exit, Lagos can start working on being a proper 21st Century Megacity!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Dminister(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2023
The whole of Ojo is very dirty especially badagry express road. You can’t drive through badagry express road without perceiving offensive odour. You can’t breathe fresh air from mile 2 to badagry. They are always littering faeces on the express road.

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by tonicyril: 8:20am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:
If u re not yoruba then u re a bustard from the region where its always shameful for them to be proud of their tribe grin

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by themanderon: 8:30am On Oct 25, 2023
We know the right thing to do but will wait till we are forced to do it. We have a long way to go. Go to Kigali in Rwanda and see what a city looks like.

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by shegoon: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2023
Out of point bro! Why do you attach so much tribal sentiment in all things. We are talking about sanitation here and you are bringing in something different . It's well
Cantonese:

The entire road from Volkswagen to Igbo Elerin , but with emphasis on Okokomaiko, Cassidy, PPL, and then Alaba Rago need serious enforcements. The uncountable tents built in the middle of the highway between Alaba Rago and Okokomaiko should be dismantled. The “iron kwande”, condemned plastic chairs and household furniture on the road should thrown somewhere. Then those who sell rice on the road should move into their shops. That place is a haven for criminals.
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by EXOUSIAng: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:
You are obviously not a Lagosian, you are not even yoruba. If you are, you then must be stewwpeed....
If there were no laws, which environmental laws were broken or you don't know that there has to be a law before it can be broken....
If you are a Lagosian you will know about Task Force that tries to keep these guys off the roads, you would also know of KAI (Kick Against Indiscipline)
There is this other group of enforcers I usually see at Balogun market around C.M.S.

Be talking out of your ass

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by MRMRMR: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Few days ago they sealed two Yoruba business to make it look like there is no tribal coloration to it- compared to thousands of igbo shops sealed…the trick would only deceive a 5 year old child…Same clowns and hypocrites that went and started demolishing igbo shops because igbos refused to vote APC. Nobody had ever destroyed Yoruba properties in any part of Nigeria for voting from the 1960s Action group, AD, ACN and now APC or bothered mc olumo, bayo onanuga, fani kayode etc for threatening igbos not to vote in an election. The reason Sanwo olu gave was structural problems of the buildings but Dr Vwaere Diaso died at the Lagos general hospital from structural problems of the hospital resulting in collapse of the elevator . This is a hospital they couldn’t upgrade from the standard IBB left it as head of state when Lagos was capital and tinubu and his minnows have looted Lagos for more than 20 years without upgrading something as basic as a general hospital but would use the same excuse to demolish igbo market because they didn’t vote APC..same igbos had their son Humphrey Nwosu shun tribalism to defy IBB to announce June 12 results to show States Abiola won, without Nwosu Abiola’s win would have been mere rumors told in beer parlors in Nigeria. Fast foward to 1997 Abacha had lined up all top Yoruba generals and top people in government for execution by firing squad because they planned a coup against him.Generals oladipo diya, Abdulkarim Adisa, tajudeen olarewaju, Prof Femi Adekunle etc we’re lined up for execution and another igbo man a clergy cardinal Arinze shunned tribalism and ran to the pope and reported Abacha to pope that Abacha wanted to kill those men for a phantom coup. Pope came to Nigeria for first time since 1981 to plead with Abacha not to kill those men. Abacha postponed the killings. Pope later sent his good friend former PLO leader yasser arafat in June of same 1998. Arafat was the last man Abacha saw before he died mysteriously early hours of next day by maybe divine providence of some sort . If you look across Nigeria you will find igbos are the only people that go all over Nigeria and build houses and raise families- in practice nobody since creation of Nigeria has made more effort at integration in the mere geographical expression (according to Awolowo) than igbos but a section of Yorubas like Sanwo olu and co have been making consistent efforts through their acts to gaslight disintegration but when e go set it will blow up on his head and that of other innocent people

Wailing of an insignificant ant grin grin grin grin
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Bluffly: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2023
obi58:
Lagos government should also look into the terrible condition of our major roads especially those around markets. Virtually 98% of access roads to markets in Lagos are in deplorable condition. Lasg officials turn a blind eye to this when going to collect tax and seal up these markets for infractions. Government is supposed to be of service to its citizens not a dictatorship.

We just saw how Zulum renovated a market and handed it back to the traders in his state. Can't Lagos replicate this example or does Zulum have 2 heads?

We complain about dirty markets.... Till date people still dump refuse on major roads sometimes in the middle of roads because there are little or no community waste bins provided and where they are provided they are not evacuated as at when due. We won't hear of sanctions to the PSPs assigned to cover that area instead the people will be sanctioned as always.

Zulum rebuilt a burnt market and not renovation.
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by GreenEnergy24(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2023
Nice.. Cleanliness is next to Godliness grin

Meanwhile, you can contact us for your sales and installation of solar inverter systems
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by hardbody: 8:48am On Oct 25, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehehe

We won’t watch Lagos become as dirty as Aba.

They should not clean up that environment and watch what will become of that place.

Lagos is our heritage and we won’t allow anybody be it omoluabi or omo atounrinwa to spoil it.

As for the alaba intl market, LASG should demolish the 2x4 shops there, erect standard structures and lease out to[b] the good people of SW, SS, North & MB[/b] at subsidized rate as this will provide a comfortable environment for the buyers and the sellers

Lagos must become that Dubai everybody wants to visit.

When the whole place is shut down by the government, the people conducting business there would be the ones policing one another because they wouldn’t want the whole place to be shut down again.

How many people police wan arrest for market?

Whoever is not ready to comply with the rules/policies of the LASG can stop doing business

Very convenient how SE is not in your equation.(see emboldened) Guess what? You cannot take away the daring marketing spirit and skills from the IGBOS. No matter how you try, can be better than them in some aspects but you won't match in areas where they hold the forte.

Argue with your keyboard

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Cantonese: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2023
shegoon:
Out of point bro! Why do you attach so much tribal sentiment in all things. We are talking about sanitation here and you are bringing in something different . It's well

Where is the tribal sentiment? The reality stares us all in the face and you talk in that manner.

If you do not know that area, please ask. It is even not difficult to get to those areas. We know what we are talking about. The entire area is completely disgusting, absolutely disgraceful, very filthy and the conditions very inhumane. Open defacation in the entire area, with people eating their food openly within those areas, add to what makes one want to puke.

Take a bus ride to those areas and revert with your information.

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by EcoNews: 8:51am On Oct 25, 2023
It is now this bad because Igbo lost out at the center for the first time so they'd rather bring down the whole house but na lie their papa lie they will live n not die the full 8 years of Bola Ahmed y after that they can go to hell for all I care but till then they can keep wailing in agony.

dosage150:
The tribalism on nairaland is going extreme

Most atimes I don't bother going through the comments anymore because definitely you will see things that are out of context

The rule now is "once your tribe is not affected, you are very ok and happy with any bad news"

Tribes wishes tribes death
You always see dark hearts in the comment session

nairaland has been a major search engine for many
It was not this bad before now

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by obi58: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2023
Bluffly:

Zulum rebuilt a burnt market and not renovation.

Focus on the message....

People are talking of Alaba Rago being dirty...

How many Lagos markets have been renovated?

Yet every single market is visited daily by tax officials to collect tax!

What is government doing to improve the quality of markets in Lagos state?

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by rinzaugustine: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2023
MRMRMR:

I am a Wailing tinubu pig because I am an insignificant ant grin grin grin grin
stupid boy continue typing rubbish no go and talk to a psychiatrist for madness..ode
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by YorubaPrince: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2023
Igbos = Pigs grin
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by damiloladuke: 9:07am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:

You mean to say people should pick up litter they didn't drop?

1 Like

Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by StreetFight: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2023
slimfit1:

Why did you call your parents bastard in your post? Well, if you say they are, who am I to say otherwise?
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by JOemmy(m): 9:15am On Oct 25, 2023
Very dirty environment my village is not dirty like this.
Re: Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) by Kingson28: 9:19am On Oct 25, 2023
[quote author=rinzaugustine post=126600170]Few days ago they sealed two Yoruba business to make it look like there is no tribal coloration to it- compared to thousands of igbo shops sealed…the trick would only deceive a 5 year old child…Same clowns and hypocrites that went and started demolishing igbo shops because igbos refused to vote APC. Nobody had ever destroyed Yoruba properties in any part of Nigeria for voting from the 1960s Action group, AD, ACN and now APC or bothered mc olumo, bayo onanuga, fani kayode etc for threatening igbos not to vote in an election. The reason Sanwo olu gave was structural problems of the buildings but Dr Vwaere Diaso died at the Lagos general hospital from structural problems of the hospital resulting in collapse of the elevator . This is a hospital they couldn’t upgrade from the standard IBB left it as head of state when Lagos was capital and tinubu and his minnows have looted Lagos for more than 20 years without upgrading something as basic as a general hospital but would use the same excuse to demolish igbo market because they didn’t vote APC..same igbos had their son Humphrey Nwosu shun tribalism to defy IBB to announce June 12 results to show States Abiola won, without Nwosu Abiola’s win would have been mere rumors told in beer parlors in Nigeria. Fast foward to 1997 Abacha had lined up all top Yoruba generals and top people in government for execution by firing squad because they planned a coup against him.Generals oladipo diya, Abdulkarim Adisa, tajudeen olarewaju, Prof Femi Adekunle etc we’re lined up for execution and another igbo man a clergy cardinal Arinze shunned tribalism and ran to the pope and reported Abacha to pope that Abacha wanted to kill those men for a phantom coup. Pope came to Nigeria for first time since 1981 to plead with Abacha not to kill those men. Abacha postponed the killings. Pope later sent his good friend former PLO leader yasser arafat in June of same 1998. Arafat was the last man Abacha saw before he died mysteriously early hours of next day by maybe divine providence of some sort . If you look across Nigeria you will find igbos are the only people that go all over Nigeria and build houses and raise families- in practice nobody since creation of Nigeria has made more effort at integration in the mere geographical expression (according to Awolowo) than igbos but a section of Yorubas like Sanwo olu and co have been making consistent efforts through their acts to gaslight disintegration but when e go set it will blow up on his head and that of other innocent people

Igbos are not after integration.
They're after their pockets.
The influx of fake and substandard imports into Nigeria from China is the handiwork of the Igbos.
The reason they reside in every village and hamlet is to sell their fake imported goods. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emefiele Accused Of Secretly Selling $3.4 Billion To Dangote In One Transaction / How To Register Your Company With Corporate Affairs Commission / POS Operators Begin Implementation Of New Service Charge Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.