Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! (5405 Views)

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / Young Guys Going Bald,how Do You Handle It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by 9jamum(f): 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
How do I help a family friend who came to me asking for my candid opinion about issues he was having with his wife. I thought it best to bring it to the house, please help.

My wife is going bald! I need advice please. She wears wigs even to our matrimonial bed because she is embarrassed of what my feelings for her will be as a result of this.

What do i do?
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 25, 2011
how long has she been wearing wigs to bed?
how bald is she?
is he mute that he cant tell his wife how wrong her actions are?
did she start wearing wig today because of her baldness or has she be wearing wigs all her life?

my advise to this man would be to tell his "low self esteem" wife that if she doesnt SOLVE the problem at at hand (or simply accept her predicament) then she will lose him anyway because of her silly actions.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 25, 2011
Op its called alopecia. Tell ur friend to google it.

Alopecia ( /ˌæləˈpiːʃə/, from Classical Greek ἀλώπηξ, alōpēx) means loss of hair from the head or body. Alopecia can mean baldness, a term generally reserved for pattern alopecia or androgenic alopecia. Compulsive pulling of hair (trichotillomania) can also produce hair loss. Hairstyling routines such as tight ponytails or braids may induce Traction alopecia. Both hair relaxer solutions, and hot hair irons can also induce hair loss. In some cases, alopecia is due to underlying medical conditions, such as iron deficiency.[1]

Generally, hair loss in patches signifies alopecia areata. Alopecia areata typically presents with sudden hair loss causing patches to appear on the scalp or other areas of the body. If left untreated, or if the disease does not respond to treatment, complete baldness can result in the affected area, which is referred to as alopecia totalis. When the entire body suffers from complete hair loss, it is referred to as alopecia universalis. It is similar in to the effects that occur with chemotherapy.[2]

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by highland(m): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2011
Let her know the right thing to do. ok
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by 9jamum(f): 2:56am On Oct 27, 2011
@Parisiene, thank you, i will explain it to him, hopefully he will understand and not get so worked up as has been his nature more recently.

@MRbrownJAY, hard words. I was made to understand that its been a gradual process and now she decided to wear the wig to bed these days.

@Highland, she is so embarrassed by her predicament and i am sure she has been doing her research too.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
@poster
being honest about the issue is the ONLY way to possiby find a solution to it. no sugar coating!!!!

YOU are also part of the problem when you didnt put a stop to this nonsense by talking with her and reassuring her that all was well on YOUR side.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by ifyalways(f): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2011
MBJ is right on point.

What's a marriage when one or both partners are not confident about their bodies even to themselves?If she can't show her bald her to her hubby,who would she then show?

Story of the wife that almost died from congealed pus in the armpit cos she was "ashamed" of telling the husband her predicament.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by 9jamum(f): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
MrBrownJay, I am not part of the problem. How can i have been?  I only listened to his troubled heart be poured out and he assumed that i could know how the falling hair of his wife was affecting their marriage.

i couldnt have given him any advice when I didnt have any to give. 

I actually did ask more questions to know when he started noticing the change in his wife. I couldnt believe it either becos, i mean why is the wife not wearing weave on instead?  Does that mean that the whole hair is gradually falling off completely?

I have nothing to do with the problem, i simply listened and did tell him i will try and find out how she can be helped.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^^^ sorry i meant THE HUSBAND is also part of the problem, not ¨you¨ the poster.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by delpee(f): 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
The husband should assure her of his unconditional love. I am assuming the hair wasnt a major attraction before now. BTW most women have their hair thinning out or experience hair loss as they grow older. I know two ladies who have had bald heads cos of hair loss caused by chemical reactions in their younger days. They have always worn wigs and are both happily married. No big deal really, just love and compassion is required to restore her self esteem.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by tpia5: 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2011
op, i think there's something a bit off about how you're presenting yourself here.

just my opinion.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by Roland17(m): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2011
A visit to the doctor for full medical check up would help, just to be sure its not Cancer and there are numerous hair growth medications that can help her regain hair growth, so visit a qualified and professional doctor first before taking other steps.
Re: My Wife Is Going Bald, She Wears Wigs Even To Bed! by 9jamum(f): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
The last weekend was a very interesting one as husband and wife were able to have a real heart to heart talk about the issue of hair lose in the wife and other problems that it had caused their relationship. I didn't pry more but just accepted that they have been able to solve their problems themselves! Gush , I wonder how long it was going to last!

Thank u everyone for your contributions. It amazes me how advice we consider so little go a long way to help ease these aches of the heart

(1) (Reply)

How Some Wives Are Continually Raped But Can't Speak Up / A Confused Sister...please Help / Classy Ladies Handbags And Purses Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.