Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. (236 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Traders Frown When You Want To Buy Things On Credit? / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike / Who Has Nairaland Advert Credit? Please Can You Retail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. by TimeArena1(f): 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
What's happening in this country?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This morning I got to my junction and was looking for a keke that would get to my direct bus stop as most of the ones on the road tend to stop by the market and that would have you walking down to the bus stop.

I sustained an injury and a slight sprain from a fall the previous night so I needed a direct Keke to shorten my walk to the office.

I finally got a Keke after several tries but he told me he would be dropping by the fuel station to get fuel.

I said no wahala as long as he's going to the junction.

We got to the fuel station and there was a moderate queue of keke.

There were no cars but on the other side of the pump, there were many Okada riders packed and waiting to be attended to.

The station had just one pump attendant so she was going from Keke to Okada and Kegs.

I noticed she wasn't paying attention to the bike riders and when one of them finally said, "Put me #700 own" she replied with
"Give me the money first"

She went ahead to say, "If ona feel say na the one when ona go buy fuel finish ona go tell me say na later ona go pay ehen, we go die today"

She sold to the two keke before us and went around to sell to another Okada. After she finished selling, the Okada rider gave her his phone to my amazement.

She collected and said, "Drive fast make you come pay your money, collect your phone o. I go close around 2. You no quick come na till tomorrow "

Shuoo! Them don dey sell fuel on credit? I asked the Keke man carrying me.

He laughed and said this particular pump attendant sometimes sells fuel on credit to some riders who are credit-worthy.

Whilst we were still talking we heard one Okada man telling the attendant to please sell for him na. In his words, "Abeg sell gimme na. Na because my bike spoil that day na make I no bring the money come. I go bring am come before 2 o clock, abeg"

She replied with, my mumu don end for ona. Who no get money go drop him phone and the phone must dey work because I no fit dey use my money pay for ona"

Whilst she was talking, about 3 Okada riders were still saying, "Abeg sell for us na"πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We bought and continued our journey.
I engaged the Keke rider and asked what could be making these riders buy fuel on credit.

I asked how bad has it gotten and why the girl was indulging them.

I also asked if the management of the fuel station was aware of the girl's supposed generosity.

The Keke rider told me it's particularly harder for bike riders as they are mostly unable to even get profits from the fuel they buy daily and that is majorly because everybody now wants to use Keke as it is economical.

He said most of the bike riders go about the town with little or no passengers.
The few passengers they get even want to pay the same price they pay Keke riders to bike riders who carry only them.

About the girl, he said she's just a tough girl on the outside who has a pure heart to help these men who sometimes reward her good with evil.

About the management, he said he doesn't know if they are aware but he's sure they must have noticed it.

My question is, how did we get here? Buying fuel on credit to hustle is a whole new level of sapa o.

May God help Nigeria and Nigerians.

Amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. by taylor88(m): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2023
tongue
Re: Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. by yarimo(m): 12:01am On Oct 26, 2023
Since it was in the east it happens where everyone is millionaire and billionaire no problems. grin grin grin
Re: Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. by TimeArena1(f): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2023
yarimo:
Since it was in the east it happens where everyone is millionaire and billionaire no problems. grin grin grin

This happened in Ughelli, Delta State not the east.
Re: Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. by yarimo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2023
TimeArena1:

This happened in Ughelli, Delta State not the east.
that means delta state is not part of Biafra grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bike Riders Now Buy Fuel On Credit? Please, Read. by Seunpapa65: 12:42pm On Jan 18
The girl is smart I know someone that does it for betnaija Omo e go give you time if you no come he go pay with his money forget the phone

(1) (Reply)

Want To Buy Coincmarketcap Accounts Cmc / Unilever Records N3.7bn Loss / β€˜From 5k To 13k’ : How Dollar Rate To Naira Affected Cement Prices In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.