Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? (18952 Views)

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down / Nigerians Lament As High Cost Of Goods, Commodities Dampens Christmas Mood / Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by occfx: 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2023
GanagiBeetrus:
In recent times, prices of Goods and Services have been going up almost on daily basis, especially after the onset of Tinubu's administration and subsequent removal of Fuel Subsidy.

My phone I bought last July, I was shocked to discover the current price has increased by over 100k, in just a space of 3months.

Mr President has assured Nigerians that things will soon get better.
Even a notable Man of God prophesied that Naira will soon become stronger than Dollar.

Realistically and in all honesty, do you believe that prices of Goods and Services will return back to at least how it was before Tinubu's regime?

Those who were born in 1960 will tell you the truth. The next president will be worst than Tinubu and we will start missing Tinubu already. This place is a mining ground, take whatever you can and run away.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Smartguyboy(m): 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not in 32 years history and experience
Things that down after it skyrocket
Unless Bola will perform magic 🪄 we haven’t seen before .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by youngrichnigga: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2023
Just two of the N160,000,000:00 SUVs planned for the senators can give each Nigerian (220 million population) N1,000,000:00 each as palliative but entire communities are being forced to share 10 bags of 25kg abakaliki rice; dey play just dey play undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by biina: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
Is there any chance that the sun will rise from the west? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Fiscus105(m): 8:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
seguno2:

What crude oil do the Japanese and Koreans have to be in big production

Their heavy machineries how are they powering them?

Ur farm u re talking about, I guess ur hand you will use to feed the whole nation.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by ceejayluv(m): 8:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
It'll only take a political - economic reset to achieve that.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by seguno2: 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2023
Fiscus105:
Their heavy machinery how did they power it?

With their own crude oil, is this your logic
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by searchlight: 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
Our issues is not with dollar, that's where most of u Nigerians have misplaced priorities.
Our major problem is with production.
If u happen to be in places like Benue during harvest season, u will hear that a paint rubber of groundnut sells for as low as #400 or #500.
In other times, it sells for double that price.
This is just an illustration to show us that things will become cheaper when we have it in abundance.
Prices of goods and services will reduce only when we have them in abundance, how do we get them in abundance, by investing in production, what we should be agitating for is support from all quarters, from FG, various State Governments, wealthy individuals to invest into the society by empowering young Nigerians with the finance to go into production.
The energy we use in posting, reposting and talking about dollar, if Nîgeriàns channel that energy into this, we won't be talking about dollars on the long run and things will be easier then.
Who did you vote for in the last election before I will comment.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by ezegenigbonine: 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2023
Yes na Peter obi dey cause am so let the gods send him on exile, ndi ara ndi ara
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by searchlight: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
Nazgul:
I'm a Nigerian first before an obidient, so as a Nigerian who works and does business in Nigeria, it's my prayer that things normalize cos the standard of living is gradually getting out of reach for the common man.

Let's keep watching and hope for better days ahead.
That was how we hopped for buhari until 8 years. Be realistic and face your fear. Petrol can never be sold 100 naira in the ZOO and a bag of rice can't be sold 10k. Never.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by themanderon: 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
Adeling:
Probably. When we start making our own products and food especially

The same government will kill it off with multiple taxations and levies, no power to run your Production, increase in prices of fuel and high cost of getting raw materials. We are just cursed with wicked leaders that's the problem. Even the followers are not helping matters.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by MamaletASO: 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
Yes.
By God's grace.

It's just a matter of time
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Fiscus105(m): 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
seguno2:

With their own crude oil, is this your logic

Read every "comment and reply' before u start logic and reasoning" ok

Meanwhile, go and be using ur own hoe and cutlass and expecting to be at par with countries using heavy machineries for all rounds industrial revolution..

Even primary six pupils know that, large scale production is only possible with availability of energy and what's energy ?( petrol, diesel, jet fuel and electricity) they are the engine room that drive industrial revolution.

Any nation that doesn't have crude oil must import or invest heavily on electricity, anything short of that, u still not ready for industrial revolution.

If the cost of energy is on higher side in a country, won't it affect the production capacity and ultimately the prices of goods and services in that county?

MTN and others, did u know how much they using on diesel per month, even universities?

Many of you guys would be bashing female that they can't contribute on various discussions, when your own contributions are awfully and "sower in the ear'.

Bye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by jojothaiv(m): 9:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
I'm glad the word 'chances' was in the picture at least that's to tell us that we run a system that's largely based and built on luck, vibes and burukutu.

Maybe we need to start holding each other accountable and not wait for chances, probabilties and variables that will pull gravity south.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by LockDown69(m): 9:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
How? grin
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Maj196(m): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
Nigeria defies the laws of physics
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Papayaayasager(m): 9:04pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not in Tinubu's watch
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by EBEk101(m): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2023
Just dey play
The only thing wey dey go up come down for Nigeria nah preek.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Ladech(m): 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2023
Realistically and in all honesty do you believe a dead man can rise again?
GanagiBeetrus:
In recent times, prices of Goods and Services have been going up almost on daily basis, especially after the onset of Tinubu's administration and subsequent removal of Fuel Subsidy.

My phone I bought last July, I was shocked to discover the current price has increased by over 100k, in just a space of 3months.

Mr President has assured Nigerians that things will soon get better.
Even a notable Man of God prophesied that Naira will soon become stronger than Dollar.

Realistically and in all honesty, do you believe that prices of Goods and Services will return back to at least how it was before Tinubu's regime?
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
searchlight:
Who did you vote for in the last election before I will comment.
What does my moniker say?
In another election I will still not vote Obi, u know why?
Obi and his followers think he can become president by telling bare faced Iîes to Nigèrians.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
Our issues is not with dollar, that's where most of u Nigerians have misplaced priorities.
Our major problem is with production.
If u happen to be in places like Benue during harvest season, u will hear that a paint rubber of groundnut sells for as low as #400 or #500.
In other times, it sells for double that price.
This is just an illustration to show us that things will become cheaper when we have it in abundance.
Prices of goods and services will reduce only when we have them in abundance, how do we get them in abundance, by investing in production, what we should be agitating for is support from all quarters, from FG, various State Governments, wealthy individuals to invest into the society by empowering young Nigerians with the finance to go into production.
The energy we use in posting, reposting and talking about dollar, if Nîgeriàns channel that energy into this, we won't be talking about dollars on the long run and things will be easier then.
U used benue state as an example and u ended up saying nothing. Though I wanted to chip in ways it can be done but not with senseless people
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
Allisgud:
ur president is still campaigning,I will do,I will do
I didn't talk about presidency, to u Obi followers u think governance is same as politics, I am talking about governance now, that's what u should too should be talking about.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
Cdoki:

I agree with you, but not totally, no investment will succeed in a society with insecurity is the order of the day. Farmers are being killed by bandits, and business men and women are kidnapped on a daily basis, and politicians are not accountable to their people. Imagine the amount the amount our senators want to spend only on SUV cars, money that some will never in his or her entire life, will be used to buy car, for one individual, and when dollar is #1300 l, no good road, minimum wage is #30k,. May God help this country. I think the solution is when the north agree to put away our differences and join head to fight bad leaders.
The problem with Nîgerià is having a problem to every solution.
So because of insecurities we shouldn't think of boosting the economy?
Insecurities is everywhere, talk about France, USA, they have a high rate of insecurity, let's talk about boosting the economy, u can't fight bad leaders and win, u know why?
Those going to wàr with u are also as bad as the leaders.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by imagrg(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
No. Not in Nigeria.

The shrewd traders enjoy escalating prices of essential commodities.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
thesmallgod:

If you empower any Nigerian now, it is either he use the money to eat, settle gbese or take d money japa
There are millions of Nigerians who are ready to live in this country and have sound business ideas, what they need is mentoring and capital and they will contribute immensely to the country.
The illusion that everybody wants to japa is not true.
There are millions upon millions upon millions of Nigerians who have no intention to japa.
All they want is to build a successful life here.
The narrative that everyone wants to japa is false.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
Fiscus105:

How are we going to go into big production, without (petrol, diesel and electricity)? THEY are the engine rooms for productions, these two energy apart from other factors which including heavy machines. For now, we are not seeing them readily available in naija territory, but outside nigeria, to get them, we need dollars to get them.
That's where empowerment comes in.
Is there no electricity in Nigeria?
Of course there is, big industries across the country are powered by same Nigerian electricity for almost 24 hours a day.
A dollar can be equal to A naira and without empowerment to go into production, the society will still be where it is.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
seguno2:

Why should any young Nigerian who is smart go into production when he can make billions being an agbero like MC Oluomo who has said that school na scam?

What is the motivation for young Nigerians to use empowerment money to be productive when they can be thugs to politicians, with the expectation of being politicians who receive too much money from the masses without doing anything, in due course?

Make you sef reason the thing well well o.
Oluomo told u school is scam?
If u think u can become a thug, no need going for the empowerment, those who need it, will go for it.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
BeigJawnson:

You are right... Even the petroleum we use is imported... And fuel is the heart of an economy that is working.
If we are actively engaged in production as a country, we won't be importing petrol anymore.
That's what production does.
We heavily import glass, yet Nigeria is abundantly blessed with silica sand.
Every country in the world that's industrialized faced all these challenges.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

You want to go into farming, wont you seek permission from fulani herdsmen?
There are millions of farmers actively engaged in Farming across Nigèria today, from Benue to Nasarawa to Taraba, to Plateau etc etc.
The fact that u decide to focus on the negative side of the news doesn't mean there are no positives.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

I didn't talk about presidency, to u Obi followers u think governance is same as politics, I am talking about governance now, that's what u should too should be talking about.
Lolsssssss, u go wait tire in talking about governance. Shey na here we dey look, hope ur people hv put a stop to rice banditry
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2023
CedarHoldings:
what can Average man do, when the billionaire don't want to invest
The average man should talk about it like the average keeps talking about dollar, use every opportunity as a united front to demand for this from the government at different levels as well as wealthy individuals.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:

That's where empowerment comes in.
Is there no electricity in Nigeria?
Of course there is, big industries across the country are powered by same Nigerian electricity for almost 24 hours a day.
A dollar can be equal to A naira and without empowerment to go into production, the society will still be where it is.
D earlier u guys keep ur mouth shit d better. We are into retail and we do spend 150k weekly on fuel. So how do u want customers to survive when we are spending such an amount on weekly bases?
Do u know what it means? We hv to factor cost of fuel in d retail business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Know A Real UK Used Iphones In Lagos Nigeria / FOREX: FG Orders CBN To Abolish Parallel Market - Leadership / We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.