Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Jerry Pastors (televangelists) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jerry Pastors (televangelists) (1145 Views)

Last Week Tonight With John Oliver: Televangelists / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Why Are There So Many Scandals Involving Christian Televangelists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jerry Pastors (televangelists) by lonamy: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2011
I know may of you know some pastors that their hairs are always in jerry shaped. At times, it looks very facinating and I wish I copy the glamourous look, but something in me will say "MADNESS".
I know that pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the current Penticostal Fellowship of Nigeria President, used to carry massive Jerry curled hair in those days, but today he carries Punk with white hair signifies age.

I now realised that, most of these Jerry Pastors emanate from the same region, "Benin City". I have never lived in Benin City before, so I can't really determine if that is the life style of people living in that part of Nigeria or these pastors chose to ware similar outlook.

In Nigeria, religion followers blindly follow their leaders, some of them don't even read their bibles they only quote what their pastors say, and you will see the members jerry curlying their haris also. I know that it takes a lot of time to set your hair, cream it and make it shining the ways we used to see it on the TV. My question now is that if these pastors are devoting so much time to the way they jerry curl their hairs, then what is the quality of what they preach? What is the quality of their prayer time and preparation for the Gospel.

The followers, most of them are looking for hope to make heaven so they believe in the Gospel they are listening to, most of them very well sugar coated and well dramatised with skilled gesticulations. What is the hope of their followers, because Psalm 133:2 says, "It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

If this verse of the bible is to be applied, I think the followers must be under an undefined influence that is controlling their lives and I can categorically say that, they need urgent deliverance.

NairaLanders, your opinions are welcome.
Re: Jerry Pastors (televangelists) by Joagbaje(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
lonamy:

In Nigeria, religion followers blindly follow their leaders, some of them don't even read their bibles they only quote what their pastors say, and you will see the members jerry curlying their haris also. I know that it takes a lot of time to set your hair, cream it and make it shining the ways we used to see it on the TV. My question now is that if these pastors are devoting so much time to the way they jerry curl their hairs, then what is the quality of what they preach? What is the quality of their prayer time and preparation for the Gospel.

It's women that jerry curl hair. Men have their own simple cream .they don't need setting the hair . cool besides what had hair got to do with prayer? What about your barbing? It takes as much time to creame the hair. There is no bible hairstyle . You have a choice. Afro,low cut, gorimapa, or curls. Na your choice.

(1) (Reply)

Liar False Prophet And Conman Eddie Long Gets $30,000 While Preaching / The Doctrine Of Balaam / Why Do Christians Need Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.