Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Is It Still Profitable To Build And Rent - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Still Profitable To Build And Rent (633 Views)

Is Real Estate Still Profitable In Lagos? / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build / Ikorodu Help To Build And Aquire Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Still Profitable To Build And Rent by Reflector: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
A collegue of mine and I did this analysis during lunch time today and the outcome was very depressing.

In fact we are of the opinion that it is no longer profitable to build houses for rent.

What do you think? If your views are different can you share your analysis.

Note: These are based on estimates for Port-Harcourt

Download Oga LandLord (www.erasoftlabs.com) to manage your Rental Property Investments like a pro.
Re: Is It Still Profitable To Build And Rent by webcam(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2011
build a house to rent is profitable but is long time investment
Re: Is It Still Profitable To Build And Rent by Reflector: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
From the research I have done so far a yield of less than 7% is see as not profitable.

The way I see it if the yield is less than the interest banks would pay for the same anount of money kept with them, then it is not profitable to build for rent.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Plot Of Land For 500k / Duplex On Full Plot Of Land For Sale At Bakare Estate In Ajah / 2bedrrom Flat At Vistoria Island: For Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.