Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria (13761 Views)

Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana / Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu / Cosmas Maduka Coscharis Regrets Investing N1.7billion On Vehicle Assembly Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Philipponzaghi: 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
The gains on foreign investments recorded from Nigeria Vice President Kashim Shettima’s on-going visit to the United States swelled again, as an American company, John Deere, has resolved to set up a tractor assembly plant in Nigeria.

Details of the company’s interest to invest in Nigeria’s agricultural sector were made known during a meeting between Shettima and top officials of John Deere led by its Vice President on Production Systems, Mr Jason Brantley.

The meeting, according to a release issued on Monday by the media aide to the Vice President, Stanley Nkwocha, facilitated by the Chairman of Flour Mills of Nigeria, Mr John Coumantaros, also had in attendance the Minister of Agriculture, Senator Abubakar Kyari; the Consul General of Nigeria in New York, Ambassador Lot Egopija, and the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Agribusiness and Productivity, Dr Kingsley Uzoma, among others.

Brantley spoke about the company’s proposed investment in Nigeria, assuring that the project will unlock Nigeria’s agricultural potential by creating an organised approach to tractor-clearing services for smallholder farmers across the country.

According to him, the initiative to establish tractor assembly would require zero investment from the government, while credit guarantees will be needed to help make credit available at an affordable rate for interested persons or groups.

Brantley expressed the company’s readiness to immediately engage relevant authorities in Nigeria, with a view to actualising the objective of establishing the assembly plant.

Speaking during the interaction with the investors, the Vice President said Nigeria is committed to transforming agriculture as a pathway to tackling insecurity and improving the livelihoods of smallholder farmers.

“Without mechanization, you can never be truly self-sufficient in food production. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is fully committed to revitalizing the Nigerian agricultural sector. And for us to be self-sufficient in food production, three key elements are essential. First is certified seeds, then mechanization, provision of fertilizer and of course, agricultural extension services,” he noted.

Shettima, who spoke on the Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zones (SAPZs) project stated that “it is designed to provide the infrastructure, platform and framework for the private sector to add value to Nigeria’s agricultural produce for the domestic, regional market and for the global community.”

Assuring the investors that Nigeria is now open for partnership, he said, “We are open for discussions, for conversations towards fast-tracking the whole process. My principal, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is very eager to see that the full potential of the Nigerian agricultural sector is realised.

“The President declared a food security emergency in August this year fundamentally anchored on the fact that we are exposed to all the volatility in the world. We are vulnerable, we are exposed. This is why we are putting in place the mechanisms towards addressing challenges in the sector and we cannot afford to do otherwise”.

Source: https://www.arise.tv/american-firm-john-deere-to-establish-tractor-assembly-plant-in-nigeria/

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2023
Good development.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
👍That's good.

Major concern remains insecurity and poor maintenance culture of the black man.

Mechanisation nor be for mouth.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by courage89(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
This is a welcome development.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Projectwriter0: 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2023
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Curebybittakola: 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nice one

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Lovemeharder(f): 10:22pm On Oct 30, 2023
Beautiful. I love good news.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by lathrowinger: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
Good one

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2023

To establish... That means e still inside their head 😂
The idea never real yet 😂

Do you like visual story telling?
Subscribe to my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPTotbR5PFk?si=T9uOjWCzr6yoS3VO

9 Likes

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by deji17: 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
Thank God!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 11:27pm On Oct 30, 2023

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Ballack1(m): 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
That's good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by izuch(m): 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
No light to run your factory here and diesel is almost 1500 per liter. They'll definitely shut down as quickly as they opened.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Burob: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
IamPlato:

To establish... That means e still inside their head 😂
The idea never real yet 😂
Oblivious Peasant, no wonder you are Jobless, quite unfortunate.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by HajiMT: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Good news worth sharing. Nigeria will surely rise again. Please come and site it in my home town:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
This is nice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Frezhkid10(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jagaban!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Crafteck1: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
5k for the first resonable person to guess their true reason.. It took me 5 seconds
Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Crafteck1: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Frezhkid10:
Jagaban!!!!

Jaga wetin... De play

2 Likes

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by MrBONE2(m): 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
cheesy
Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by sameoldguy: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nice one. I hope the nation gets industrialized and our selfish government don’t over Tax them and some govt. officials don’t use bribe to chase them away or make their products more expensive.

We don’t want to see another governor pocketing $$$$ on YouTube.
Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by IamPlato(m): 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Burob:
Oblivious Peasant, no wonder you are Jobless, quite unfortunate.
Shey you see me for dream guy, abi you know me before? 😂

Why you dey attack like say I nack your babe 😂

Please leave me oh guy 🤣

1 Like

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Stevengold(m): 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2023
cool

Welcome to Nigeria. Please give me key 🗝 to your house let me go stay there and wait for your return

1 Like

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Wizuman: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Good

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Wizuman: 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2023
izuch:
No light to run your factory here and diesel is almost 1500 per liter. They'll definitely shut down as quickly as they opened.

Hmmm! I
Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by JapaPrince: 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
Paid post

1 Like

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Agricmoney(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
nice one.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Houseofglam7(f): 12:02am On Oct 31, 2023
🤭
Re: American Firm, John Deere To Establish Tractor Assembly Plant In Nigeria by viodemus: 12:04am On Oct 31, 2023
without electricity it will be expensive to make and compete with china or India or many asian countries.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG, States Debt Skyrockets To N10.84trn -DMO / Fuel Subsidy Payment Drops To N4.48/litre / IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.