Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Help Before This Mechanic Ground My Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Before This Mechanic Ground My Car (484 Views)

Help Before I Make A Mistake ! / Help Before I Make A Mistake ! / Trust This Mechanic: He Is Good & Straight4ward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Before This Mechanic Ground My Car by charlesnwu: 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
This tale is for real and currently happening to me.

I wanted a runabout car, i bought it (although seller said it had a minor issue)

I took the car to a mechanic to fix the minor issue which cost me about 50k. That does not sound like a big deal. Upon completion of the rebuilding of the engine, he said the top cylinder was bad and this was causing the car radiator to return water(overheating).
Okay, i agreed to change the top cylinder and he said it will cost 11k but he can get the part from a fellow mechanic for around 5k which i have given him 3k and promised to balance up when he gets the car fixed.

I take full responsibility for not buying a sound car (i bought what i could afford at the moment)

It is one month now and i have still not driven my run around car. Because i am busy Monday thru Friday the mechanic tosses me TERRIBLY and tells me all sorts of stories. He has said my car will be ready by Saturday last week, now he has said its Thursday this week.
I discussed with this guy and to fix back the old one he removed if he does not find the one from his friend and he has refused to fix that back unless he gets the one from his friend.

Im thinking of arresting this guy, it looks like he wants to ground my car.
I am tired!!!

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Lease (finance/operating Lease) / Lie Has No Duplicate: Stop Texting While Driving / Urgently Need A Tokunbo 2001 Or 2002 Nissan Xterra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.