Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) (20112 Views)

THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? / Reminiscence: Checkmate the Popular Nigerian TV Soap Opera Series) / Throwback: Your Favorite Bollywood Songs (Videos/Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by olaleke1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2023
Hmmm...

The good old days...

Electricity was more stable...my dad hardly missed any episode back then..

I used to hate NTA because of their grainy display...

Most favorite characters:

1. Giringory Akaborgu, a.k.a. the honorable poor man of Ethiopia...🤓

2. Chief Doctor Jegede Shokoya, the youngest millionaire of the whole universe.

3. Clarus... something... something Tortoise....🤣🤣

The good old days....

Well, the Holy Bible has said it is not wise to say, "Why were the former days better than these?" 😩

It is well....

7 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Elidrisy20: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2023
That was then, but na bbnaija

2 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Elidrisy20: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2023
That time tinubu still dey for Chicago

3 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by just4fun(m): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
That was an era when Nigeria had good sopa operas. Samanja, New Masquerade, Village headmaster, Things fall apart, mind your language (Nigerian version) e.t.c.
You forgot to add BASSEY AND COMPANY....

Didn't know MIND YOUR LANGUAGE had Nigerian version..How come I never knew ?

2 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2023
Za bi za bi alias 4:30

2 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by TheSuperX(m): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2023
My mom loves this show back then
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
N3TRAL:
Those were our Marvel movies, superman and Spiderman.

Today, we're culturally dead as people and left to celebrate the nomination of three individuals by the Grammy committee like it's the end of our perennial poverty as a country.

you have forgotten about the importance that has been placed on BBN and tik tok twerking challenge
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Exceed15: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
Well narrated.
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by JAYUK(m): 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
Guyman01:
Since November 1 that this lovely thread was opened its just reaching FP today November 10 because all the Mods were busy with waiting for Reno Omokri to spew a new anti Igbo gibberish to be rushed to Front Page?
The Mods hired by Seun are to blame for this platform becoming the number one tribalists meeting point.

Meanwhile free advertisers no dey allow us see road here again, sometimes you see like 10 adverts in one front page kiss

Nothing lasts forever,there is time for everything.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
Zebrudaiya Okorigbo nwogbo alias 4:30 and Jegede Shokoya, Clarus and Gringori them. Those were the good old days before tsunami APC came and dabaru everything.

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by XtraFortunes: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhO0836U3Dw?si=FavG8u84JrKiPQvF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rapYCWr770?si=2yKMUvMXEkc4lStU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhr5S2vHh58?si=9DBa-8quRqHcIVfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0oqRutNLbo?si=yTEjv3xgKIYDBrgP

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02DCajjM7L39K4esBCZ33PdXfceCZTMAzVaPiqoY1GTuHn4a24wJongq3dDfsdsfmTl&id=100063572770774&post_id=100063572770774_pfbid02DCajjM7L39K4esBCZ33PdXfceCZTMAzVaPiqoY1GTuHn4a24wJongq3dDfsdsfmTl&mibextid=Nif5oz

Taekwondohttps://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02XinkxxdVDxr8wvDCNBKwQp823YFx4TfKAukWFCmhgKrBvpcFohZL1vQ375UhrCDNl&id=100006797732871&post_id=100006797732871_pfbid02XinkxxdVDxr8wvDCNBKwQp823YFx4TfKAukWFCmhgKrBvpcFohZL1vQ375UhrCDNl&mibextid=Nif5oz

Boy o boy

Racoon you just reminded me of the best parts of my childhood. I loved this

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by yomi531(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Back then I didn't understand what they were saying. My mom and her sister will just be laughing kikikiki.. grin.

For Me its the sound track I liked (Edikwansa) and still like till today cos e dey remind me of my Dad. My dad had the record so he used to blast it back in the day and now when I hear it, I remember my dad (of blessed memory).

You just remind me something now. Make I play the song self.
bio bio edikwansa. Chai e don teyyyyy grin
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
yomi531:
bio bio edikwansa. Chai e don teyyyyy grin
Izu ka mma na nne di o bia o bia o...
E don they my brother. That song dey touch my soul grin

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Yinksy09(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
Wow this is nice.
The oraimo spacepods looks amazing.

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by themanderon: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2023
The good old days when life was sweet and Nigeria was not as tumultuous as it has become today. If many people knew then that Nigeria will become what it is today they would have japa.
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Hakeem66: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2023
Once that intro music edikwansa starts the sitting room would be filled up with our neighbors.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Eastlink(m): 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Good old days. The Masquerade later became New Masquerade and was remixed from the late 90’s to early 2000’s.
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by InvertedHammer: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
/
The videos are proofs that Nigeria has not made any progress. The fake hope that generation lived on has been transferred to this generation who are still feeding fat on lies by politicians. 100 years from now their great grandchildren will still be listening to the same fables with hope.

/

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Focusmind: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
The program that used to bring families together in the sitting room, waiting for the show to start. 8:30 to 9:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays on NTA. My father's favourite program. I remember my father's laughter on hearing the Zebrudaya's English and Jegede's unending fights with Nnati and Mazi Ndu-kenyi.

Life in the mid 80s and early 90s seemed sweet and memorable. God bless Eddie Kwansa, the composer of the sound track of the New Masquerade. His music was used as the soundtrack of the new Masquerade. You need to listen to that music.....the guitar intro of that music is out of this world.

Credit has to go also to Mr. Peter Igho, the Director of news and program then. The man was a seasoned professional. NTA used to parade array of top notch journalists in the 80s and 90s. It was always spectacular watching the NTA 9 O'clock news with my father, discussing issues and having conversation. Children these days hardly watch news with their parents. Everybody is with smart phones and tablets behaving like zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by yomi531(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Izu ka mma na nne di o bia o bia o...
E don they my brother. That song dey touch my soul grin
i was too small to understand anything then shaa grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Sangoamadioha1: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
@Racoon, Clarus was the mischievous one while gringory was more of his side kick and they were Zebudaya's houseboys.
Natty was known more as a glutton.

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by soccerlite: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2023
So jegede sokoya isn't even Yoruba

Wow

And he's good in displaying yoruba gragra

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by finallybusy: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2023
The past is gone. Focus on the present and future.
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by zombieHUNTER: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Back then I didn't understand what they were saying. My mom and her sister will just be laughing kikikiki.. grin.

For Me its the sound track I liked (Edikwansa) and still like till today cos e dey remind me of my Dad. My dad had the record so he used to blast it back in the day and now when I hear it, I remember my dad (of blessed memory).

You just remind me something now. Make I play the song self.

please what's the title of the song and artist
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by zombieHUNTER: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
finallybusy:
The past is gone. Focus on the present and future.

past was life... believe me

This future is hell.. I never knew it would be like this.. I would have left this country a long time ago.. Never knew

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by zombieHUNTER: 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
olaleke1:
Hmmm...

The good old days...

Electricity was more stable...my dad hardly missed any episode back then..

I used to hate NTA because of their grainy display...

Most favorite characters:

1. Giringory Akaborgu, a.k.a. the honorable poor man of Ethiopia...🤓

2. Chief Doctor Jegede Shokoya, the youngest millionaire of the whole universe.

3. Clarus... something... something Tortoise....🤣🤣

The good old days....

Well, the Holy Bible has said it is not wise to say, "Why were the former days better than these?" 😩

It is well....

electricity was stable
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by sltn(m): 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
Mr Racoon you na senior man o. men around late 90s at bassa plateau state men PRTV use to show it gone are those days.
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
zombieHUNTER:

please what's the title of the song and artist

His name is Eddy quansa. Just type it and it will bring the song out
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by djon78(m): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhO0836U3Dw?si=FavG8u84JrKiPQvF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rapYCWr770?si=2yKMUvMXEkc4lStU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhr5S2vHh58?si=9DBa-8quRqHcIVfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0oqRutNLbo?si=yTEjv3xgKIYDBrgP

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02DCajjM7L39K4esBCZ33PdXfceCZTMAzVaPiqoY1GTuHn4a24wJongq3dDfsdsfmTl&id=100063572770774&post_id=100063572770774_pfbid02DCajjM7L39K4esBCZ33PdXfceCZTMAzVaPiqoY1GTuHn4a24wJongq3dDfsdsfmTl&mibextid=Nif5oz

Taekwondohttps://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02XinkxxdVDxr8wvDCNBKwQp823YFx4TfKAukWFCmhgKrBvpcFohZL1vQ375UhrCDNl&id=100006797732871&post_id=100006797732871_pfbid02XinkxxdVDxr8wvDCNBKwQp823YFx4TfKAukWFCmhgKrBvpcFohZL1vQ375UhrCDNl&mibextid=Nif5oz

Ah my childhood memories

We 80s children remember this show

When the world was sane
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by zedman1(m): 5:52am On Nov 11, 2023
Chief Zebrudiah alias 4:30. That his grammar was next to non. Natty the longer-throat. Eyah, most of them are late now.

1 Like

Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by Magicdon(m): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
Why was Natty so poor till he died, while Zebrudaya was excelling with endorsement? I met Natty trekking at Gariki, Enugu when he was alive, I passed him on the road
Re: Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) by koserty: 9:30am On Nov 15, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Amaka Issued A Strike For Microphone Infringement (video /photos) / Alex Evicted From Big Brother Naija #bbnaijafinale / How To Activate Your Freetv Decoder Online After Free 1 Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.