Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November (4519 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages / Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Thavocalist(m): 5:59am On Nov 02, 2023
MultiChoice increases GOTV, DSTV subscription prices this new month of November, 2023.
GOTV and DSTV subscription prices have been increased by MultiChoice in additional +N1,000 to all DSTV plans and +N650 to all GOTV plans as well.

NaijaTechNews reports that MultiChoice Nigeria, a pay TV service provider, on Monday, November 1, 2023, made an upward review of prices on DStv and GOtv packages and effective from November 6th, 2023.

Naijatechnews understands that a text message to customers by MultiChoice Nigeria revealed that the new GOTV subscription price and new DSTV subscription price increased will commence from November 6th, 2023.

In the message to its customers, MultiChoice Nigeria the new GOTV subscription price and new DSTV subscription price adjustment was due to the rising costs of business operations.

Before you proceed, note that;
1. This goverment will favour me and my family cool cool
2. Farmers will make more money grin grin grin

Full DSTV New Prices

https://www.naijatechnews.com/multichoice-increases-dstv-and-gotv-subscription-prices
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by rottable(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2023
The economy is affecting all sectors. I just hope they don't fold up

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by eteebanky: 8:10am On Nov 02, 2023
It is expected, should not be a surprise

They exchange all their earnings in naira at the parallel market cos official market don't have the capacity to do that (forex shortage)

And we all know forex market has never remain the same in this country

Anyone that blames them is very very stupid...... rather, blame yourself for not using Nigeria made products, you too can create something to export

Anyone can be Great
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Ensa777(f): 8:14am On Nov 02, 2023
E no concern us wey no dey watch TV from yr to yr.
Na only my kids I dey go nkiri to download movies for their flashdrive.

Now they even prefer it toGotv thatd repeat the same thing for 1 week

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by westlius(m): 10:12am On Nov 02, 2023
Pls any other recommended paid tv for us abeg
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by jamesversion: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2023
The money for compact+ na we dey use sub compact now.

Waau. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Purvan(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2023
Another increase in subscription prices for DStv and GOtv. Because nothing says "value for your hard-earned cash" like paying even more for the same service. Thanks, MultiChoice, for continuing to show us how much you care about your customers. Can't wait to see how many subscribers will decide to take their business elsewhere now.
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by jubrilcastle(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2023
westlius:
Metro Digital.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by tiswell(m): 11:25am On Nov 02, 2023
westlius:
Port to startimes
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Hendrixky: 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
This people dey craze

With the old price My gotv for how many months now never see subscription

With This new price then for years I nor go subscribe at all
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Blitzking: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2023
No longer a TV person...na wifey and kids and she no dry dey house buy the 6hrs wey she dey around babe u no sub n I'm person go dey hear..29k for something I no dey watch. Kids na to buy lots of books and sub netflix
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by westlius(m): 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2023
jubrilcastle:

Metro Digital.
Better. How much is it
How do it work
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by naijapikin2(m): 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2023
These BLOODSUCKERS are at it again. Let's ignore them.

What nonsense.

There national assembly dingbats are not doing anything about it just imagine the impudence.

Mods oya front page let's bring this thing for a wider national discuss.

Arrant nonsense ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by jubrilcastle(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
westlius:

Better. How much is it
How do it work
Far far better
Visit there website for more info
https://metrodigital.tv
I don't just know why they are not popular. Though they recently expand there reach nationwide. They were only functional in selected state before.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Possessedkid: 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2023
People be wasting money on Gotv and DStv subscription when radio and local TV station exist for free

I don't see any reason in continuous subscription of all these decoders

Just waste of money

If I want to watch movies , I'll go and download on pirates sites then listen to radio for news
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by masterfactor(m): 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2023
just wait and relax, you will see some idiot defending DSTv for this price hike

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Islamisformumu: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2023
Vent your anger on your hopelessly incompetent government.

Dstv is a private business which is listed on the stock exchange and has to deliver dividends to its shareholders.

If the cost of Premium products like EPL, La Liga, Athletics, Rugby, World Cup and Olympics is going up because the naira is shedding value like a snake sheds its skin, how is that Dstv's fault?

Purvan:
Another increase in subscription prices for DStv and GOtv. Because nothing says "value for your hard-earned cash" like paying even more for the same service. Thanks, MultiChoice, for continuing to show us how much you care about your customers. Can't wait to see how many subscribers will decide to take their business elsewhere now.
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by thesicilian: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2023
rottable:
The economy is affecting all sectors. I just hope they don't fold up
I hope they fold up. They've been doing this incessant price increase for way too long. It's just recently they're actually having a good reason to do so.
Only people who don't know the history of Mutichoice greed in Nigeria that will blame the government for their actions

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Procashtips(m): 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2023
eteebanky:

They exchange all their earnings in naira at the parallel market cos official market don't have the capacity to do that (forex shortage)

Anyone that blames them is very very stupid...... rather, blame yourself for not using Nigeria made products, you too can create something to export

Anyone can be Great

Exchange them for?
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Procashtips(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2023
Blitzking:
No longer a TV person...na wifey and kids and she no dry dey house buy the 6hrs wey she dey around babe u no sub n I'm person go dey hear..29k for something I no dey watch. Kids na to buy lots of books and sub netflix

Download plenty cartoons for the children and sub Netflix for madam

Apart from sport, everything else on cable TV are repeated
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by blaise26abj(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2023
Purvan:

Thank God manutd no get sense now . I no go subscribe again . I will rather invest in tabs for the kids and internet than sub for DStv. Not their fault sha

Chai . To think that less than 9 years ago DStv premium bouquet was less than 12,000 to 29,500. APC drove nigeria into the mud . I donโ€™t think anyone supporting APC has a conscience . Selfish interests and tribal sentiments only . This is so sad

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by CedarHoldings: 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2023
E be like Netflix cheap o, compared to this,and na latest film you go watch.
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by SMUAG(m): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2023
eteebanky:

Anyone can be Great

You guys should stop all these using locally made product nonsense. Were we using local made products then when our economy was better...the same way some of you will put up a fallacy of "we need to be an exporting country before our naira can be strengthen ", but I'm asking (now) what are countries like Ghana, Cameroon and other countries in Africa, especially west african countries exporting that their currencies are still better than ours
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Islamisformumu: 1:58am On Nov 03, 2023
It is arrant nonsense to tell a private company how to charge for its services, and it is stupidity beyond belief to get angry without addressing the underlying causes.

Go and ask your emilokan glue sniffer why the naira keeps losing value.

Or you thought Dstv is using your worthless naira to pay for EPL, La Liga, Champions League broadcast rights?

naijapikin2:
These BLOODSUCKERS are at it again. Let's ignore them.

What nonsense.

There national assembly dingbats are not doing anything about it just imagine the impudence.

Mods oya front page let's bring this thing for a wider national discuss.

Arrant nonsense ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Homeboiy: 5:28am On Nov 03, 2023
westlius:

Metro digital is good

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by naijapikin2(m): 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Islamisformumu:
It is arrant nonsense to tell a private company how to charge for its services, and it is stupidity beyond belief to get angry without addressing the underlying causes.

Or you thought Dstv is using your worthless naira to pay for EPL, La Liga, Champions League broadcast rights?

First off I'm no fan of tinubu, I believe in a better nigeria under peter obi.

Second, it's obvious you are not fully informed that you can't just set up a company and start fixing prices like electric bulbs. Are industries not under regulations in nigeria. Aside from the executive the national assembly are there to checkmate the excesses of these thieving capitalists. But will there

This coy we are talking about have wantonly increased prices severally over the last two years, you're there backing up their blatant daylight robbery. See ehn.. south african cous are just milking this country dry and like you said, our government are sheepishly following them hook line and sinker without recourse the the effects on the people.

Wake up dude, it's all hands on deck.. including me and you. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by naijapikin2(m): 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
Islamisformumu:

First off I'm no fan of tinubu, I believe in a better nigeria under peter obi.

Second, it's obvious you are not fully informed that you can't just set up a company and start fixing prices like electric bulbs. Are industries not under regulations in nigeria. Aside from the executive the national assembly are there to checkmate the excesses of these thieving capitalists. But will there

This coy we are talking about have wantonly increased prices severally over the last two years, you're there backing up their blatant daylight robbery. See ehn.. south african cous are just milking this country dry and like you said, our government are sheepishly following them hook line and sinker without recourse the the effects on the people.

Wake up dude, it's all hands on deck.. including me and you. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Meerahbel: 7:45am On Nov 08, 2023
Ensa777:
E no concern us wey no dey watch TV from yr to yr.
Na only my kids I dey go town pack movies for their flashdrive.
Get cyberstick
Re: Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November by Meerahbel: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2023
westlius:
CyberStick today announced the launch of the localized version of its streaming service in one of Africaโ€™s biggest markets: Nigeria. Just as it did in their launch party ๐ŸŽ‰ in Lekki some days back, the tech giant is attempting to boost its subscriber push in new markets like Africa by increasing its investment in local production, unveiling slates of localized originals and introducing discounted offerings to customers.

CyberStick launched in Africa in 2010 as part of its global push across more than 200 countries worldwide, bringing some serious competition to Netflixโ€™s global plan launched that same year.

The company plans to launch in other markets like South Africa. In a TikTok video by its official account cyberstick, the company said that customers in Nigeria can stream more original TV shows and movies within its ecosystem as long as your have a HDMI port on your TV.โ€

According to its website, the service will cost โ‚ฆ39,500, there are no trial period, no subscription and no monthly payment. Thus, for the first time, users in Nigeria will be able to watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and many more.

CyberStick and other streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, Canal+ and Showmax are vying for Africaโ€™s 2026-projected 15 million video-on-demand subscribers. According to Digital TV Research, an analytics firm, CyberStick has sold over 600,000 customers in Africa and might add 1.5 million new subscribers compared to Netflixโ€™s 3 million subscribers in the next four years.

To gain more market share amid a streaming war for African content and eyeballs, CyberStick has been collaborating with filmmakers and content creators in Nigeria regarding the production of original and licensed content. The past couple of months has seen the service make strategic moves, such as closing theatrical outlet agreements with Anthill Studios, Inkblot Productions and Evoke Studios, hiring Insight Publicis as its creative agency.

(1) (Reply)

Download Civil War (2024) HD / Any Fans Of Rome: The Hbo Mini Series / 'Two Brides And A Baby' Bags 12 Nominations From Best Of Nollywood Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.