Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number (7614 Views)

Vehicle Registration In Abuja (abuja Plate Number) / Cleanest Tokunbo Golf4 With Original Custom Papers For Sale / Lagos Plate Number Vs Abuja Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by Demsy(m): 6:04am On Sep 14, 2007
Please could you help clarify this issue with the Nigerian Police?

I have been stopped by the men of the Nigerian Police twice now while driving. They asked for all the papers which I tendered (I am the perfectionist type, I like to have all my papers ready so as to avoid having to beg these men for whatever reasons). For each of these two times, they request for my location papers for my plate number. For all I know, location paper is only issued by the Lagos State Government and not every other states. My plate number is an Abuja number, but each time, these people insist I must produce it. I am having to settle them so as to let me go each time.

Is there anybody out there who knows if Abuja now issues location paper for plate numbers?
If there is any respectable police person out there, please I need him to advice me on what to do whenever these people demand for this again.
Re: The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by dgb4(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
where are these police men based in? in Abuja or when u travel out of town?
i think ur response will help one answer u
Re: The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by Demsy(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2008
Hi,

am based in Lagos.

Thanx
Re: The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by dgb4(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2008
so the police men who ask 4 these docs are the Lagos police??
Re: The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by lexicon(m): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2008
Please somebody talk on this b4 i fall victim too. my plate number carries abuja number too
Re: The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by Ifeniyi22(m): 7:58am On Sep 25, 2008
Somebody please help.I have been a victim ( I was driving to the east,somewhere between shagamu and edo state).I thought I had everything including the name of the guy that designed the ride grin grin grin
I hate begging and hate giving bribes,(water allowance or whatever name it is called) even more to the police.
Do we have a respectable lawabiding policeman on this forum
Re: The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by landis(m): 8:25am On Sep 25, 2008
This is just 'FAKE' request by Police

What you need is PROOF OF OWNERSHIP.

Once you have that, call -off their Bluff.
Re: The Police Keep Asking For Allocation Papers For My Abuja Plate Number by Hydeedante(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
What they are calling allocation of plate num. Is the receipt for payment of the plate number. So just look for it dey will keep quiet once u bring it out. If u live in the south- south u 'll know all these.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2005 Honda Accord(eod) V6..price: N900k / Verify Your Custom Duty Payment/Documents!!⚫⚫ / 95 Toyota Hiace From Cotonou;price: App. 1.5m Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.