Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,073 members, 7,859,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan (38823 Views)

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / 2 AAU Female Graduates Who Accused Lecturer Of Sex For Grade Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
Cruise777:

Kindly send this to frontpage and let's inspire our new generation ladies

Sorry.

Tacha, Mercy Eke and Phyna are the inspirations now.

In 90 days, Phyna made more than these noble ladies made in decades.

The society is gone, already.

Too late.

6 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by nairalanda1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
opamoses1:

There were no randy lecturers.
They existed back then, I daresay.
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by DrTenn: 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
Beautiful women with brains

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by sallazlee(m): 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
Those are the symbol of modesty.
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Ybholy(m): 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
All looks naturally beautiful 😍
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Bahamas95(m): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2023
Are these not women?

Some foolish African men will be complaining when they give birth to female children. Gender doesn't matter, give your children quality education and good home training.....That's the most important thing.

One useful female child is far better than 10 wayward male children.

6 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by mu2sa2: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
See how decently they dressed.

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by FreeStuffsNG: 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Racoon:
THROWBACK PHOTOS OF THE FIRST FEMALE STUDENTS OF UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN IN 1948.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02jyCmHVNwTwCnPvkA31j6YfwfeUNi8Hsb8aqP4PjzqCeEL3SuSo1EGWBKUkTxf2Nel&id=100002321117154&post_id=100002321117154_pfbid02jyCmHVNwTwCnPvkA31j6YfwfeUNi8Hsb8aqP4PjzqCeEL3SuSo1EGWBKUkTxf2Nel&mibextid=Nif5oz
I still remember Late Prof Alele-Williams. Even during her last years, she was glowing aging gracefully and still working. Whenever she's not resting she's working and I just keep imagining how she must have been in her young age. Very humble and successful family.
May Mama continue to rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Mombebe: 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02jyCmHVNwTwCnPvkA31j6YfwfeUNi8Hsb8aqP4PjzqCeEL3SuSo1EGWBKUkTxf2Nel&id=100002321117154&post_id=100002321117154_pfbid02jyCmHVNwTwCnPvkA31j6YfwfeUNi8Hsb8aqP4PjzqCeEL3SuSo1EGWBKUkTxf2Nel&mibextid=Nif5oz

This is when breast still dey stand like pencil lid..if na now these ones for turn to runs girls inside school.
I wish I was born then..that beautiful creature standing at left side of the picture for make me serve her papa even if na for 14 years so that I go fit marry her.😍

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by sacajawea: 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2023
CJStarz:
I've come to conclude that small sized boobs ladies are very intelligent and well behaved unlike the busty ones
Your mother, and Sisters, which type do they have?
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Pootle: 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
i can vouch they were all virgins then smiley
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by vacanci: 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Racoon:
Prof Grace Allele-Williams was gangling tall o. UI really produced people. Great pioneer amazon ladies with brains who ruled their world wella.

This was when our ladies were delight to behold in modesty, comportment and above all chastity. They are indeed the real slay queens of old and now.

these were the real African queens that never did BJ. They dont even know what it was.

2 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by casualobserver: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
Racoon:
Adetowun O̩mo̩lara Oguns̩e̩ye̩ (95 years)
She was born in December 1926 in Benin city, Edo state. She is the first female professor in Nigeria and first professor of Library and Information Service. She is the first Nigerian woman to get a degree from Cambridge university.

She is an activist for social right of women. She was granted scholarship to study geography at Newnham college of the university of Cambridge in 1973.

this is not true, she attended Cambridge in the 1950s, she bacame prof in 1973. That picture was not a graduation picture but a matriculation picture. she left UI that same year (1949) for Cambridge. She was in cambridge from 1949-1953 studying for her B.sc and masters. she could not have been in Ui and cambridge at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Possessedkid: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
When they die, don't forget to let us know
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by stasius: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
.... Until phone and Internet came to spoil the world.

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Maski87: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
These na women wey sabi

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Basic123: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
nairalanda1:

A lot of Nigerian girls from all tribes were walking naked in this period, INCLUDING your tribe.

Thank God for the pionneers, they made it possible for women from all tribes to go to school...including women from YOUR tribe.

By the way the first Nigerian doctor, was actually a male from the IPOB tribe you despise.

P.S I don't back IPOB, and I even think they are not serious. But I also don't back bigotry of any kind.
This is a BIG LIE.
The first medical doctor in Nigeria is from yoruba lineage!

8 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Officialmrt: 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Ipob girls were still walking naked this period
U wan start trouble grin grin
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by CodeTemplar: 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
Before lecturers started chasing them around I guess.

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Caphive: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
This days na bigo live n hookup uni ladies dey do.
Next 10 years, you go see shege for universities.
Na bra alone
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Soltix9y(m): 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
Cap. Like first 10 Nigerian doctors re of yoruba descent

A lot of Nigerian girls from all tribes were walking naked in this period, INCLUDING your tribe.

Thank God for the pionneers, they made it possible for women from all tribes to go to school...including women from YOUR tribe.

By the way the first Nigerian doctor, was actually a male from the IPOB tribe you despise.

P.S I don't back IPOB, and I even think they are not serious. But I also don't back bigotry of any kind.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Soltix9y(m): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2023
Cap. Like first 10 Nigerian doctors re of Yoruba descent
nairalanda1:

P.S I don't back IPOB, and I even think they are not serious. But I also don't back bigotry of any kind.

9 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Dancebreaker: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2023
I find these ladies far more attractive than the fake nyansh and fake eyelashes hook-up women of nowadays.

Oh, no wonder. These women had brains. Nowadays, their brain dey their clit.
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by nedekid: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
Women of substance.

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Lumarstone: 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
Great women of virtue! Not the present Facebook ladies!!!

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by mysticwarrior(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2023
Racoon:
Prof Grace Allele-Williams was gangling tall o. UI really produced people. Great pioneer amazon ladies with brains who ruled their world wella.

This was when our ladies were delight to behold in modesty, comportment and above all chastity. They are indeed the real slay queens of old and now.
Alele Williams held the university of Benin with a firm fist while she was the vice chancellor, Asuma Alele o yekpaa if you know you know.
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by godwon01(m): 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
All of them were from educated and rich Yoruba families.

2 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Urheadmaster(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2023
Come and join us in Germany.

Nigeria is bad for you
GloriousGbola:

Who is this village bumpkin? Do you think I have time for retarded morons? Go and find your fellow obidient ediats who go not know what a chancellor is.

Bloody good for nothing dunce looking for trouble.

Now fk off bitch

1 Like

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by thaoriginator: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2023
Moma African
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by Bimpe29: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2023
Behold our heroines and grannies
Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by StreetFight: 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2023
Urheadmaster:
They are far more better than Bola Ahmed Tinubu mother and yours tongue

You do not know history that is why your generation is miserable.

Go and read about Bola Ahmed Tinubu's grandmother Madam Efunroloye Osuntinubu, that's the singular person that first waged war against the British imperialists. Go read about Bola Ahmed Tinubu's mother Abibatu Migaji, then you will know that there is no woman like her.

Not every mother is like yours

6 Likes

Re: 1953 Photo Of Pioneer Female Graduates Of The University Of Ibadan by nairalanda1(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Soltix9y:
Cap. Like first 10 Nigerian doctors re of Yoruba descent
Basic123:

This is a BIG LIE.
The first medical doctor in Nigeria is from yoruba lineage!

You may want to read about James Africanus Beale Horton...whose father was IGBO. by the way....

James Beale Horton was born c. 1835 in the village of Gloucester, Sierra Leone, near Freetown, the capital of the Sierra Leone Colony and Protectorate.His father was James Horton Sr., an Igbo man who had been sold into slavery as part of the Atlantic slave trade before being liberated by the Royal Navy's West Africa Squadron and landed ashore at Freetown

Source from Wikipedia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

300Level University Of Jos Student Dies (photo) / Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria / "How I Succeeded": Chinecherem Cynthia Who Had All 9As In WAEC Reveals (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.