Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Water Shortage On My Es350 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Water Shortage On My Es350 (574 Views)

Oil Shortage On Camry Pencil Light / Help!help!! On My ES350 / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Shortage On My Es350 by DMCMandy: 6:08am On Nov 04, 2023
Hello and good morning everyone. I own a Lexus Es350 2007 model and few days ago I parked beside the road then noticed the ac started blowing warm air then I drove and it switched from cold to warm again. I went to my mechanic the next day and they opened the radiator cap which hot water gushed out with force and meanwhile the reserve was bringing out some smoke. They let the car cool and topped up water again and my Ac started cooling. I got home and Parked then next morning I wanted to check before leaving the house and noticed the water in my radiator is empty and reserve is also empty. I filled again and went back to the mechanic which they removed the thermostat as being faulty but then it still shorts water. I also had to check the radiator for leaks but the technician said there was no visible leak. When I run the car it does not exceed the center line on the temperature reading so I guess it is not overheating. And my mechanic has checked the engine oil as well, it is clear so water is not getting inside the engine, so I guess that solves the part of blown gasket. Please I need a help on what might be the problem here. It is stressful to top up water every day
Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by mayor2013: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2023
All those test mentioned are guesses. All you need is to carry out a coolant pressure test which would reveal where you have any leak along the cooling system. You have started killing your engine by removing the thermostat. Am sure the quacks have even connected your fans directly.

3 Likes

Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by DMCMandy: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2023
mayor2013:
All those test mentioned are guesses. All you need is to carry out a coolant pressure test which would reveal where you have any leak along the cooling system. You have started killing your engine by removing the thermostat. Am sure the quacks have even connected your fans directly.

Thanks for the reply, where can I do such test? I’m in Benin. And about the thermostat, the valve is not opening well anymore, which is why it was removed and he said it is hard to replace.
If there anywhere I can get a replacement please I’ll be happy to hear as well.

Thanks a lot
Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by Angrigowt: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
What's ypur previous moniker.
Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by mayor2013: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
DMCMandy:

Thanks for the reply, where can I do such test? I’m in Benin. And about the thermostat, the valve is not opening well anymore, which is why it was removed and he said it is hard to replace.

Thanks a lot

Don’t know of where such is done in Benin. When it was removed why can’t it be replaced back.
Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by Dozieson(m): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
DMCMandy:
Hello and good morning everyone. I own a Lexus Es350 2007 model and few days ago I parked beside the road then noticed the ac started blowing warm air then I drove and it switched from cold to warm again. I went to my mechanic the next day and they opened the radiator cap which hot water gushed out with force and meanwhile the reserve was bringing out some smoke. They let the car cool and topped up water again and my Ac started cooling. I got home and Parked then next morning I wanted to check before leaving the house and noticed the water in my radiator is empty and reserve is also empty. I filled again and went back to the mechanic which they removed the thermostat as being faulty but then it still shorts water. I also had to check the radiator for leaks but the technician said there was no visible leak. When I run the car it does not exceed the center line on the temperature reading so I guess it is not overheating. And my mechanic has checked the engine oil as well, it is clear so water is not getting inside the engine, so I guess that solves the part of blown gasket. Please I need a help on what might be the problem here. It is stressful to top up water every day

Note: your gasket could be leaking water without entering the oil and vice versa.
But I won't suggest the opening of the engine until all possible checks have been done. Monitor and continue to check for the next few weeks

1 Like

Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by KillahPriest: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
DMCMandy:

Thanks a lot
do that test before you destroy your engine. There should be some well equiped workshops in Benin city, do your research or ask gazzuzz if he has a plug
Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by DMCMandy: 4:46am On Nov 05, 2023
Dozieson:

Note: your gasket could be leaking water without entering the oil and vice versa.
But I won't suggest the opening of the engine until all possible checks have been done. Monitor and continue to check for the next few weeks

Thank you chief… for two days I’ve only noticed the water is not visible when I open the cap but a little drop of water inside the radiator, it gets full again. So I don’t know if that’s how it’s supposed to be on a normal basis
Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by DMCMandy: 4:48am On Nov 05, 2023
KillahPriest:
do that test before you destroy your engine. There should be some well equiped workshops in Benin city, do your research or ask gazzuzz if he has a plug

I appreciate bro, I’ll definitely do the test.

For two days I’ve noticed only a drop from the visible water that shows when you open the radiator cap. Just a little water and it’s full again so I don’t know if that means it’s back to normal

1 Like

Re: Water Shortage On My Es350 by Angrigowt: 9:00am On Nov 05, 2023
The engine is on 90%. Quickly sell the engine amd buy toks. Overheating on aluminium engine. Na no go area and e come be lexus ,lexus wey be say na sensor upon sensor. Hahahahaha
Welcome

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Six(6) Good Reasons Your Car Can Get Hack / Hey Guys I Will Like To Introduce To Meecheal Excels / Honda Civic At Affordable Price At Ikosi Ketu Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.