Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate (49142 Views)

Export To Other African Countries And Make Millions In Naira / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Highest Level Of Indecent Dressing Among Ladies / Top 10 Countries With The Most Beautiful Girls In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Watinani(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2023
The family is a big deal globally, and it is like the building blocks of countries. While it may be the smallest unit within society, the dynamics within a family can send ripples through the broader community, shaping the course of its development and progress.

Despite its size, the family is not immune to challenges. Family disruption is common in every part of the world including in Africa. The continent is often praised for its strong family bonds and communal values, but it is currently undergoing a transformation in its marital landscape.

On one hand, the continent remains steeped in centuries-old customs, with an unwavering commitment to community, family, and the preservation of cultural values.

On the flip side, the rapid processes of urbanization, modernization, and globalization have ushered in a wave of transformation that questions these deeply rooted traditions. As a result, a noticeable wave of divorce has emerged.

Divorce is a legal process that officially dissolves a marriage, making both parties involved single and free to remarry if they choose. It can be a challenging and emotionally taxing experience for all parties involved. Apart from the emotional toll, it can also have significant financial repercussions.

While data on divorce in Africa is limited, a report by Wisevoter offers insights into global divorce statistics by country.

Rank Country Divorce rate Global rank
1 Libya 2.5 per 1k 18
2 Egypt 2.2 per 1k 23
3 Mauritius 1.7 per 1k 50
4 Algeria 1.6 per 1k 53
5 Seychelles 1.5 per 1k 65
6 Sudan 1.5 per 1k 67
7 South Africa 0.6 per 1k 109

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/lifestyle/african-countries-with-the-highest-divorce-rate/1kkjfbc

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by BigBlackPreek(m): 11:06am On Nov 04, 2023
Nigeria should be number one

Nollywood marriages comes to mind πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Watinani(m): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Nigeria should be number one

Nollywood marriages comes to mind πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Check the image well to be shocked grin grin grin
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Thundafireseun: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2023
I'm already guessing that marriages in this African countries are quite cheap.....

If you spend your hard earned money like the igbo man does just to get a wife divorce will be the last thing on your mind

The western world still has the highest rates of divorce and one of the contributing factor is that it’s quite easy and cheap to get married

Although divorce is quite expensive buh they don’t care

85 Likes 13 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by rolete: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2023
Soo Nigeria get Hope

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by rentAcock(m): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2023
Notice how all those countries are close to Europe or hot tourist destinations. Divorce is a western construct. We don't believe in divorce, if a man is tired of his wife or wants a different flavor all he has to do is marry a second wife. Our women don't believe in divorce because there's no certainty the next man she meets will be any better and she stays because of the children.

146 Likes 17 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Hendrixky: 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
I don't believe that list

2 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
I trust Nigeria my country.

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
Watinani:

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/lifestyle/african-countries-with-the-highest-divorce-rate/1kkjfbc

Nigeria no even dey list...

Nowadays na jus to do shopping , find one, keep for house... no boarder do marriage , wen LUST end.. go ur ways (that's not a divorce, if we all AGREE grin)

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by bammo: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2023

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Day169: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
At least it isn't all bad for 9ja! smiley

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by TheMiracleMag(m): 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

Nigeria no even dey list...

Nowadays na jus to do shopping , find one, keep for house...

the LORD is our Shepherd

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by oz4real83(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
Not surprised to see many countries of a particular religion in the top seven, a religion that permits you to marry 4 women which you can divorce if u don't like them anymore, you can then marry another four brand new women to replace the divorced ones shocked. At the end of the day, each man succeeds in marrying all the women in the community and the cycle goes on shocked

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by FreeStuffsNG: 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
The Islamic countries topping the list there is a special kind of divorce as practiced in Islam and not like we have in regular courts in non-Islamic countries.
I will love a teaching on Islamic divorce posted on one Jumat day here on Nairaland. It will help us understand why the Arab nations will have a high number yet may be different from how we know divorce is practiced elsewhere.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Think9ja(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
Muslim majority countries.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by sallazlee(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
I don't believe in the list.
With Nigeria it incomplete

2 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Domdom37: 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
I like Nigeria marriage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by AskProf: 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Tommydare(m): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
U are still naive.
Thundafireseun:

I'm already guessing that marriages in this African countries are quite cheap.....

If you spend your hard earned money like the igbo man does just to get a wife divorce will be the last thing on your mind

9 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by verifiablefacts: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:

So oyibo go dey divorce every week be that,as their marriage no dey cost at all.

3 Likes

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by NaijaCover(m): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
Inukwa ooooo

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Kingray10: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
It's good Nigeria is not there.
But we are heading there grin

1 Like

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by KingOfTheDamned: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nigeria should be number one but most divorces happen out of courts with the husband and wife living in the same house like strangers

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Curse777: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
cool

.fear first catch me as Nigeria no dey carry last for bad news

But we skipped this

Yoruba demons congratulations for showing women love

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by FLYFIRE(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The Islamic countries there is a special kind of divorce practiced in Islam and not like we have in regular courts
I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you.....

Finish grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Lumarstone: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
Which position is Nigeria in the ranking?
Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by occfx: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
rentAcock:
Notice how all those countries are close to Europe or hot tourist destinations. Divorce is a western construct. We don't believe in divorce, if a man is tired of his wife or wants a different flavor all he has to do is marry a second wife. Our women don't believe in divorce because there's no certainty the next man she meets will be any better and she stays because of the children.

You are getting my points.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by Ilamina(f): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2023
I expected less divorce in Islam

Because Islam looks less Westenized than christainity

But that's not the case

I'm short, i expected islam to be as primitive as other black cultures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by FreeStuffsNG: 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2023
FLYFIRE:

I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you.....

Finish grin grin grin
You too like vawulence. It's way deeper with implications some don't even understand. Some will say it and still go back and reconcile sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries With The Highest Divorce Rate by tspun(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2023
Where is Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Enjoy Vagina" Written On A Man's Shirt (Photos) / How To Slay Ankara Wedding Dresses / Can Someone Explain This Hairstyle To Me (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.