Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . (1595 Views)

What You Need To Know About ALX Software Engineering - Ask Anything / I Just Quit ALX Programme / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by sanmisamuel: 8:43am On Nov 14, 2023
atesunate16:

Lol, you are wrong with your research boss man

Let’s not derail

I’m in month 9 in alx

Are you an alx graduate or not?

No one passes through the system without a shift, except the person intentionally wasted his time

Beginning my 3rd sprint, and i'm grateful i applied.

i understand it may not be free again.

but if you have the opportunity, i recommend you go for the full programme.

if you're unemployed and you have 1 year to spear take the chance.

even though you can afford it try and get there resources and try there tasks as you learn. you will gain.

Why i love the programme is that, at one point you will realise it's not just about the code, but how you arrange your instruction for the computer to follow.

helped me appreciate computer science as a course.

if you have the opportunity again to get the programme for free, please take it.

i can't guarantee you will have a job afterwards but i can tell you. You will grow less dependent on video tutorials to build projects.
Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by Devopsguy: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2023
sanmisamuel:

Beginning my 3rd sprint, and i'm grateful i applied.

i understand it may not be free again.

but if you have the opportunity, i recommend you go for the full programme.

if you're unemployed and you have 1 year to spear take the chance.

even though you can afford it try and get there resources and try there tasks as you learn. you will gain.

Why i love the programme is that, at one point you will realise it's not just about the code, but how you arrange your instruction for the computer to follow.

helped me appreciate computer science as a course.

if you have the opportunity again to get the programme for free, please take it.

i can't guarantee you will have a job afterwards but i can tell you. You will grow less dependent on video tutorials to build projects.
Then why are they not telling the truth about helping people to get job. They promised that they have links to undadvertised jobs.But everything is a lie. Once you qualify for room fellowship you will understand.
Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by atesunate16(m): 12:01am On Nov 15, 2023
Devopsguy:
Then why are they not telling the truth about helping people to get job. They promised that they have links to undadvertised jobs.But everything is a lie. Once you qualify for room fellowship you will understand.

The thing is, if you wait for a “promised” job after finishing alx, you played throughout your stay in alx. This is because even before your learning journey ends, you must have been prepared for the outside world.

I know some current alx students who are yet to round up and have jobs already. Some when they finished. Some even commenced their startup.

I’m currently in my 9th month, I attended more than 4 interviews in last 2 months and a lot are on board.

So it’s basically not about the promise, it’s about build up to be an authority no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by Prec1ous(m): 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
28plus:
If you're planning to attend any bootcamp in Nigeria, get it at the back of your mind that no bootcamp will help you to get a job. And yes, not even Decagon. They will promise you heaven and earth but nothing will come out of it. Of course there are few exceptions, but overall, only one person might end up getting a job out of many.

There's one bootcamp I am seeing their advert now on front page, I attended one of their cohorts, the way they dumped us after the training ehn, it shocked us. And they are in the top 5 in Lagos.

The least I expected from them was a resume revamp, but six months later, not even a single phone call.

Attending a bootcamp is like an investment, and part of the return on investment should be job or internship placements. I can tell you that no Nigerian bootcamp can guarantee that. They will just sweet talk you to cashout from you.

I'm telling you this from experience.

Looking back now, I regret attending the bootcamp. Most of the stack they taught us are no longer in use. React that is in use, they no sabi am. They just used 2 days to teach it.

God no go shame us for this industry

Hahaha. I am 100% sure that this is Moat Academy. Sorry eh!
Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by ChiefOkporghe: 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
DissTroy:
Begin with W3SChools or Freecodecamp. The former has better UI and UX, and better IDE. Mobile-friendly too so you can learn on the go.

Download and watch HD tutorial videos from Freecodecamp and Simplilearn YouTube pages.

Practice.

Watch same tutorials over and over again, and even the web apps to practice.

Then take tracked certificate courses to get graded for the same things you have learnt. W3Schools and Freecodecamp again. Coursera courses aren't so updated but take them.

Join Twitter/X. Follow a few tech topics - web development, UI/UX... Over the next few months, follow those with helpful tips

Get updated regularly.

Most importantly, as you learn, connect with folks learning and working in your areas of specialty, virtually and in-person. They abound in your city too.

Avoid getting distracted by the endless controversies and hot takes on Twitter and social media as a whole as you connect. Mute them or just read but don't engage.

You lose hours daily which you could spend learning arguing with strangers on fleetingly topical issues.

You can still learn and live a normal life away from the crazy schedule that is the ALX programme. ALX would leave you no time to earn and pay your bills.

Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by 28plus: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2023
Prec1ous:

Hahaha. I am 100% sure that this is Moat Academy. Sorry eh!

Lol
How you take know?
You attended there to?
Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by Devopsguy: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2023
28plus:

Lol
How you take know?
You attended there to?
all of them are scammers
Re: Where Are Those People Making Noise About ALX And Doing Hard Things . by adaperry25: 4:50pm On Apr 10
I want to join Alt school

(1) (2) (Reply)

Designing Mobile Apps / For Game Developers.. / My Apps On Playstore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.