Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

A Million British People Suffer From Conditions That Could Make Cooking Too Risk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Million British People Suffer From Conditions That Could Make Cooking Too Risk (132 Views)

Men’s Testicles Could Make Them More Vulnerable To Coronavirus - New Research / What Is Bipolar Disorder? Many Talented People Suffer From It / Top 10 Bizarre Phobias People Suffer From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Million British People Suffer From Conditions That Could Make Cooking Too Risk by Getniceolumide(m): 11:42am On Nov 07, 2023
Affecting a million individuals in the United Kingdom, this ailment leads to tremors in the hands and head.

Preparing a cup of tea may not be perceived as a luxury. This ordinary ritual remains a fixture in many households, regardless of life’s challenges.

However, for Mary Hapgood, a 73-year-old former interior designer, even the simple act of making tea became a hazardous and exasperating ordeal due to her trembling hands. This condition made her prone to breaking mugs and leaving a mess behind.

Residing in Surrey and a mother of three, Mary is among the approximately one million individuals in the United Kingdom who grapple with Essential Tremor (ET). This is a progressive neurological disorder characterized by a spectrum of symptoms, ranging from mild tremors to uncontrollable shaking.

Mary shared with The Mirror, “There is limited awareness regarding ET. When I had my third child, the consultant misdiagnosed me with Parkinson’s disease because...

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Male Infertility / Get Rid Of Dull Skin At Home / Rising Challenge Of E-waste: The Impact On The Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.