Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? (1432 Views)

Jealous Wife Thinks Her Husband's Regional Manager Is His Side Chick (Video) / At This Juncture, I Jealous Married Men. / My Husband Is Too Jealous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by okomi562: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
My friend recently got a job in one of the top banks in Nigeria.

I am happy for him. He did not tell me but I asked him for financial help but he said he is in training school. I got to know blah blah.

I am also a recent graduate with no work but I am teaching now.

I am happy for him, I congratulate him.

But yesterday, I felt sad because I thought when will mine come.

I just felt tired. I have seen far friends hitting success but it hurts when close pals get it. Like you begin to question did I get it wrong. Not that it pains me no. I begin to think of my plans too.

I am happy for him, I will not lie.

Am I jealous? Or is it normal?

I am here to learn.

So I can correct my self

2 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Prec1ous(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
Yes you are, but this is normal. But now you have added self pity then the next thing is envy.

You can already see that he has detached mentally, he did not inform you about the job or when the application began.

Start to apply aggressively and learn that at the end of the day, it is all man for himself.

He is not a bad person but his view of life just changed. New people who match his calibre and better opportunities, you guys are no longer mate.

But do not compare yourself. Start forging your path.

I wish you the very best!

7 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by TheBTCinvestor: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
okomi562:

I am happy for him. He did not tell me but I asked him for financial help but he said he is in training school. I got to know blah blah.

I just felt tired. I have seen far friends hitting success but it hurts when close pals get it. Like you begin to question did I get it wrong. Not that it pains me no. I begin to think of my plans too.

I am here to learn.

So I can correct my self

Just pray for ur own grace to come. To me no need for u to be jealous..Bank work is shit. I worked in the bank for almost 8years as a full staff with nothing to show for it. Stupid pay, mad pressure and deadlines...so no think am. Now I'm in a better place and my pay is times 5 of what I earned in the bank. So bro keep ur chin up. If u have a Computer you can learn some soft skills with small touch of Yahoo inclusive grin..ul be better off grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by KillIgbohoN0W: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Just pray for ur own grace to come. To me no need for u to be jealous..Bank work is shit. I worked in the bank for almost 8years as a full staff with nothing to show for it. Stupid pay, mad pressure and deadlines...so no think am. Now I'm in a better place and my pay is times 10 of what I earned in the bank. So bro keep ur chin up. If u have a Computer you can learn some soft skills...Yahoo inclusive..ul be better off grin

Which bank?

Their industry may be shit but no full staff in any Nigerian bank can stay 8 years with nothing except he's a chronic drunk and womanizer.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by okomi562: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Prec1ous:
Yes you are, but this is normal. But now you have added self pity then the next thing is envy.

You can already see that he has detached mentally, he did not inform you about the job or when the application began.

Start to apply aggressively and learn that at the end of the day, it is all man for himself.

He is not a bad person but his view of life just changed. New people who match his calibre and better opportunities, you guys are no longer mates.

I do not envy others. I just fear when I will get a job. I am currently learning data analysis and building myself. Its frustrating not self pity, when people get things, you don't.

Thanks.

I am here to learn.
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by TheBTCinvestor: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

Which bank?

Their industry may be shit but no full staff in any Nigerian bank can stay 8 years with nothing except he's a chronic drunk and womanizer.

My entry level salary was 250k in former Diamond bank in 2013

I left as a BO in Keystone bank at a salary of 450k..in 2020

Is 450k money? I earn times 5..where I currently am undecided

4 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by jackmrandy: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
jealousy dey your head. just be happpy for him. wait for your time.

1 Like

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by okomi562: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2023
jackmrandy:
jealousy dey your head. just be happpy for him. wait for your time.

Thanks.

I am happy from my heart
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
The bitter truth about life is that as soon as your close friend starts getting a new job that pays well while you're unemployed, just know that your friendship won't be the same again.

Even though he might check on you every now and then, he will start spending more time with his colleagues and making new friends who are on the same level as him... That's life.

Just focus on working on your life and be happy for him even though the envy might be there.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by KillIgbohoN0W: 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

N450k in 2019/2020 was very good pay so shut up.
You are a chronic drunk and womanizer.

All these NL billionaires sef.

9 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by jackmrandy: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
okomi562:

Thanks.

I am happy from my heart

don't worry, don't relax, that dream job and pay will come your way. just be consistent in your dealings and ensure they are positives ones. Opportunities will find you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by TheBTCinvestor: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

N450k in 2019/2020 was very good pay so shut up.
You are a chronic drunk and womanizer.

All these NL billionaires sef.

Your just a Church Rat..go and hustle abeg..what is 450k in 2019. When my current Mercedes GLE350 is 24m lipsrsealed how many years I go use for bank to buy it? Grow up and stop playing grin

2 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Nooneonline(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
U are jealous...
Many people want you to do well but not better than them (anonymous)[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
okomi562:
My friend recently got a job in one of the top banks in Nigeria. I am happy for him. He did not tell me but I asked him for financial help but he said he is in training school. I got to know blah blah. I am also a recent graduate with no work but I am teaching now. I am happy for him, I congratulate him. But yesterday, I felt sad because I thought when will mine come. I just felt tired. I have seen far friends hitting success but it hurts when close pals get it. Like you begin to question did I get it wrong. Not that it pains me no. I begin to think of my plans too. I am happy for him, I will not lie. Am I jealous? Or is it normal? I am here to learn. So I can correct my self
Jealousy is actually a normal emotion to have. The problem is we have been led to believe that it is somehow evil and should be detested or rejected. undecided

Your friend has a job you wish you had too. So, what is wrong with that? Nothing! But, OP, you have a job too, something many others before you do not have so try to make the best of where you are now. Do your very best for those who you are responsible for now... so that when it comes time for you to move up, you will do so knowing you accomplished what even those who were ahead of you never did. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by okomi562: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
jackmrandy:

don't worry, don't relax, that dream job and pay will come your way. just be consistent in your dealings and ensure they are positives ones. Opportunities will find you.

Thank you
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by okomi562: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jealousy is actually a normal emotion to have. The problem is we have been led to believe that it is somehow evil and should be detested or rejected. undecided

Your friend has a job you wish you had too. So, what is wrong with that? Nothing! But, OP, you have a job too, something many others before you do not have so try to make the best of where you are now. Do your very best for those who you are responsible for now... so that when it comes time for you to move up, you will do so knowing you accomplished what even those who were ahead of you never did. undecided

I see your angle.
Thanks.

Naira land is a family..

1 Like

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by KillIgbohoN0W: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Your just a Church Rat..go and hustle abeg..what is 450k in 2019. When my current Mercedes GLE350 is 24m lipsrsealed how many years I go use for bank to buy it? Grow up and stop playing grin

Your moniker alone shows you're a fraudster and you patronize the mentally ill immigrants bedeviling Ogun State currently.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Premiumbuy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
PBUY
All I just know is that everyone has their time, about the feeling I think it is natural but dont dwell in it.
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Bedwetter: 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
You're a big enemy of progress

If you were a woman, you'll be a cold blooded witch

A sip of sniper will do for you
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by TheBTCinvestor: 4:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bedwetter:

Atole lipsrsealed
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by okomi562: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bedwetter:

I will not respond to you.

Your comments show everything is not right with you.

A new account created for scam.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Justkatty(f): 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Keep congratulating
Congratulations go surely reach you one day too.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by GiulliameII: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hang in there, buddy. I like that you're doing a self-examination & trying to understand what you're feeling. I believe it's normal to feel as if you've been left behind. Especially seeing as it's a close pal. Don't hold a grudge if the communication starts to cease. I guess you could see it as motivation to make something of yourself.
Do so.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Woodshot: 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
Die the jealousy thoughts and pray and work towards your big dreams realisation
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Stevenbright(m): 3:01am On Nov 08, 2023
okomi562:

I am here to learn.

So I can correct my self

I don't know if it is jealousy.

What I know is that you are comparing yourself with other people and it is bad because it will always put unnecessary pressure on you which can lead to wrong decisions, depression etc

Stop that habit for your own good!!
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by poshestmina(f): 5:56am On Nov 08, 2023
Jealousy is a normal human emotion like Kobo said ,but it shouldn't be extreme,to the point of hurting or hating the person.

Keep pushing.Your Time will come too.
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by abimbola74(m): 6:23am On Nov 08, 2023
okomi562:

I am here to learn.

So I can correct my self
I kuku understand you but don’t let that affect you in any way. Truth be told , we have all went through that phase at a point in our lives. Just be focus and determined . I resulted having this mentality that why not even struggle to be a man of my own, pushing hard to have diffrent source of income no matter how small bro. With time those ones will start to envy you. I could remember back then I was so frustrated that I took a 25k job and everything still goes to tfare , I will always think till I even fall asleep in the bus on my way home, depression was setting in but I didn’t let that define me or show it to anyone. One thing my dad always tell me is even out of your small salary , still give your friends that don’t even have any job at all😂😂. Baba I Dey do am oo, friends with good jobs feels they have arrived and instead lending a helping hand just ignored. God has just been faithful but most money I make comes from side hustle oo cos I still earn peanut but some friends Dey think say i Dey earn millions. Guy! Enter street hustle , Aswear money Dey pass dis out 8-6 jobs oo but don’t resign incase street sef Dry, something is sure at the end of the month

1 Like

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by BigDawsNet: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2023
Prec1ous:

He is not a bad person but his view of life just changed. New people who match his calibre and better opportunities, you guys are no longer mate.

Your feelings are technically normal...
Don't worry yourself too much..
We all have different appointed time, yours will come and one friend somewher will also feel the same way towards your success... life is turn by turn dear

Just keep praying...

2 Likes

Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by QualitySneakers: 8:07am On Nov 08, 2023
Please what kind of street hustle?

abimbola74:

I kuku understand you but don’t let that affect you in any way. Truth be told , we have all went through that phase at a point in our lives. Just be focus and determined . I resulted having this mentality that why not even struggle to be a man of my own, pushing hard to have diffrent source of income no matter how small bro. With time those ones will start to envy you. I could remember back then I was so frustrated that I took a 25k job and everything still goes to tfare , I will always think till I even fall asleep in the bus on my way home, depression was setting in but I didn’t let that define me or show it to anyone. One thing my dad always tell me is even out of your small salary , still give your friends that don’t even have any job at all😂😂. Baba I Dey do am oo, friends with good jobs feels they have arrived and instead lending a helping hand just ignored. God has just been faithful but most money I make comes from side hustle oo cos I still earn peanut but some friends Dey think say i Dey earn millions. Guy! Enter street hustle , Aswear money Dey pass dis out 8-6 jobs oo but don’t resign incase street sef Dry, something is sure at the end of the month
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Foodqueen(f): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2023
It's normal. Just keep pushing, ur time will definitely come.
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by Sirchiboy: 8:36am On Nov 08, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Can you help me with job
Re: Am I Jealous Or It's Normal? by okomi562: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Your feelings are technically normal...
Don't worry yourself too much..
We all have different appointed time, yours will come and one friend somewher will also feel the same way towards your success... life is turn by turn dear

Just keep praying...

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Daddy's What Are U Waiting 4: Put The Ring On Her Finger. (let debate this) / The Impact Of Not Announcing One's Home Coming From A Trip. / I Am Married But I Don't Want Him To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.